Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Real world questions before I take the plunge...
Kimv

(19-06-2012 06:36pm)PAT Wrote:  You must be right then Exclamation

My best estimation of the usable boot space with the seats up and the lid installed would be around 300-350L It is just an estimation based on what I see compared to the Vectra.

Dynamic SD4 Auto 5dr, Tech Pack, Santorini Black, Verve Interior with Ebony headlining, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Solar Attenuating Glass, Style 7 Alloys, Adaptive Dynamics.
(This post was last modified: 19-06-2012 06:40pm by Kimv.)
19-06-2012 06:39pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mdavenport555

RE: Real world questions before I take the plunge...

Interesting thoughts everyone.. I am hoping by the time I get the car our daughter will be in a buggy so it will be smaller than a travel system pushchair.

Any ed4 owners willing to share their MPG and miles per tank?
19-06-2012 08:45pm
Kimv

(19-06-2012 08:45pm)Mdavenport555 Wrote:  Interesting thoughts everyone.. I am hoping by the time I get the car our daughter will be in a buggy so it will be smaller than a travel system pushchair.

To give you an idea: our daughter is almost 9 months old and the travel system pushchair fits in the Evoque but you have to be careful to place it in and you need the shaped side of the boot space to squeeze in the handlebars. With the pushchair inside, we are able to fit in her diaper bag and maybe a small purse but that's about it. For the exact same reason we purchased a buggy. We bought the Maclaren Globetrotter. According to some forum members not the smallest but it works for us. It's especially the length of the buggy when folded which is a factor.

Dynamic SD4 Auto 5dr, Tech Pack, Santorini Black, Verve Interior with Ebony headlining, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Solar Attenuating Glass, Style 7 Alloys, Adaptive Dynamics.
(This post was last modified: 19-06-2012 09:15pm by Kimv.)
19-06-2012 09:14pm
bobbrightwell

I have had an ED4 for a few months now and the MPG is typically 45-48 for mixed driving. I have a fifty mile commute, often with motorway traffic obliging me to drive at economical speeds. My best run over that distance was 55mpg, achieved this week, earlier on I was only getting 53mpg with my best run but guessing the engine has loosened up a bit now.
I have not experienced any of the problems mentioned on this website and am very happy with the car. The boot is not massive but I managed to get an elderly person's collapsible zimmer frame, two suit cases an overnight bag and fit in the parcel shelf out of position as the zimmer frame was too big, in it last weekend without the need to fold down seats.
03-07-2012 04:13pm
Mdavenport555

(03-07-2012 04:13pm)bobbrightwell Wrote:  I have had an ED4 for a few months now and the MPG is typically 45-48 for mixed driving. I have a fifty mile commute, often with motorway traffic obliging me to drive at economical speeds. My best run over that distance was 55mpg, achieved this week, earlier on I was only getting 53mpg with my best run but guessing the engine has loosened up a bit now.
I have not experienced any of the problems mentioned on this website and am very happy with the car. The boot is not massive but I managed to get an elderly person's collapsible zimmer frame, two suit cases an overnight bag and fit in the parcel shelf out of position as the zimmer frame was too big, in it last weekend without the need to fold down seats.

Thanks for the reply about the ED4. I would be happy with those figures.

How much does it typically cost you to fill your tank and how many miles do you get out of it?
03-07-2012 07:36pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

IIRC as I don't have an owners manual to hand and I know the online one isn't always helpful, the tank is 65ltrs/16gallons very approx!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
03-07-2012 08:21pm