Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 4.5 Average
Real world mpg
WorldTraveler

RE: Real world mpg

Newcastle to Cambridge and Back, 40.8MPG driving at 65MPH with Cruise Control most of the way. Still no way near close to the quoted 49.6 mpg from LR !!

http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/RealMpg/Resu...land-rover

Delivered 31st March 2012
Pure, 5 Door, TD4, Manual, Firenze Red, Tech Pack, Front Fogs, Xenon, Pano Roof

Track Consumption Using The Site Below
[Image: 117709.png]
17-04-2012 11:04am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Pommyboi

(17-04-2012 11:04am)WorldTraveler Wrote:  http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/RealMpg/Resu...land-rover

Thanks for this link.

Honest John site gives just the information I was trying to get out of this thread, the difference in MPG between an SD4 manual and an SD4 auto in the real world. I'm debating whether to get an auto or the manual given the positive feedback the manual has had on this site, obviously saving on the cost of the auto and a few £'s on fuel is always useful as my company mileage payment won't increase as fast as the cost of fuel/insurance etc

On order: Feb 2012 - Pure, 5 door, SD4 auto, Style 4 wheels, Front parking, fog lights, rear camera, spare wheel. Red Contrast roof, Ebony- final spec TBC
17-04-2012 11:41am
PhilSkill

(17-04-2012 11:41am)Pommyboi Wrote:  Honest John site gives just the information I was trying to get out of this thread, the difference in MPG between an SD4 manual and an SD4 auto in the real world. I'm debating whether to get an auto or the manual given the positive feedback the manual has had on this site, obviously saving on the cost of the auto and a few £'s on fuel is always useful as my company mileage payment won't increase as fast as the cost of fuel/insurance etc

Note it doesn't say how many entries are taken into account, I was the first to put an SD4 Manual figure in after it was listed here on this thread, so there are likely 3 or 4 at most, hardly accurate or representative... and can easily be swayed by a false entry until there are many more figures taken into account. Is the Coupe Auto 6 mpg better than the 5 door... I doubt it. But 35mpg is about right for the SD4 on my experience so far.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
(This post was last modified: 17-04-2012 02:09pm by PhilSkill.)
17-04-2012 01:59pm
malph

Just read this

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/autoex...astComment

If they're going to produce best and worst case scenario figures, I wonder which one the Government will use for charging VED mmmmm???
18-04-2012 12:44pm
invoke

One of the reason gas prices are going up is because of more economical cars are introduced to the market. In fact they are not so economical in real time.

Gas lords aim is to make profit equilateral to next 20 years before the electric car industry kick their ass.

Consumers are screwed up either way.

Black/Black Dynamic (with missing dynamic button), 4dr and a tailgate, stadium seats with butt warmer, extra large moon roof for kids clustrophobia, velcro surface card board floor mats, factory installed humming accessory and the famous "Wind noise-rattle package".
18-04-2012 12:56pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

here's my proposal...................... Production ready/ showroom cars to be taken out on the public roads with one maker's driver, one passenger from the Dept for the Environment, one from a consumer magazine and one from a motoring organisation as witnesses. Car to be driven minimum of 3000 miles thus - 500 miles in town, 1500 miles on normal roads and 1000 miles on the motorways say between Southampton and Glasgow, in a variety of weathers, on the tyres the car will be marketed with and with no additional aerodynamic aids like sealing up shut lines with tape. So called "city" cars will be exempted from the motorway test, but will not be permitted in the future to drive on motorways (lets say their power output should be restricted to make it impossible for them to use motorways.) The average fuel consumption on each type of road to be posted as the official consumption figure along with an "overall" average of all types of road. Hybrids will not be permitted to run on battery only mode.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 18-04-2012 01:02pm by XFullFatTim.)
18-04-2012 12:59pm
WorldTraveler

(18-04-2012 12:59pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  here's my proposal...................... Production ready/ showroom cars to be taken out on the public roads with one maker's driver, one passenger from the Dept for the Environment, one from a consumer magazine and one from a motoring organisation as witnesses. Car to be driven minimum of 3000 miles thus - 500 miles in town, 1500 miles on normal roads and 1000 miles on the motorways say between Southampton and Glasgow, in a variety of weathers, on the tyres the car will be marketed with and with no additional aerodynamic aids like sealing up shut lines with tape. So called "city" cars will be exempted from the motorway test, but will not be permitted in the future to drive on motorways (lets say their power output should be restricted to make it impossible for them to use motorways.) The average fuel consumption on each type of road to be posted as the official consumption figure along with an "overall" average of all types of road. Hybrids will not be permitted to run on battery only mode.

Thumbs Up

18-04-2012 08:52pm
ED209

First full tank done, td4 manual. 35.3 mpg shown on trip computer.

Would like it to improve a bit.

td4 Pure manual in orkney grey, auto wipers/lights, front fogs, spare wheel. carmats4u mats, travall dog guard. Collected 30/03/12.
18-04-2012 08:56pm
WorldTraveler

(18-04-2012 08:56pm)ED209 Wrote:  First full tank done, td4 manual. 35.3 mpg shown on trip computer.

Would like it to improve a bit.

Think you'll be lucky to get it beyond 40Mpg mate.... maybe you should have a word with LR, their "Quoted" figures below, although I think these was taken whilst driving down a mineshaft !!

Performance (Manufacturer's Estimates): TD4 Manual
Fuel Economy: TD4 Manual
Urban mpg (L/100km) 42.2 (6.7)
Extra urban mpg (L/100km) 54.3 (5.2) Rolling with Laughter
Combined mpg (L/100km) 49.6 (5.7)
CO₂ emissions (g/km) 149

18-04-2012 10:04pm
cjfp

Long term since delivery - 2500 miles - 32mpg
Short term - last 1300 miles - 35.8mpg

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
19-04-2012 02:45pm