Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 4.5 Average
Real world mpg
mywillia

RE: Real world mpg

Did my usual round trip last week north to south about 500 miles return. M1, M25, M23. Easy cruise down outside of peak traffic, Return journey was a mare. Stuck on M25 in Rush hour, stuck on M1 between Junctions 8 and 13. Car still returned 44.9 avg over the whole trip. Quite an improvement over the 41mpg previously. Seems to be loosing up nicely

Delivered:-
Firenze Red Dynamic SD4 Coupe Manual with Lux pack
Verve Leather
20" Shadow Chrome Alloys
Privacy Glass
Heated Steering Wheel
20-02-2012 06:49pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
defender_uk

how many miles on the clock altogethe then mywillia?

Defender_uk

Evoque Prestige Lux, OG, maual, style 4 wheels

comes to live with Defender 90 TDCi 07
20-02-2012 07:09pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

I'm not a great believer that there are any worthwhile benefits from BP Ultimate or Shell VPower diesel, but has anybody tried running for any great distance using them and noticed any improvement?
I found with my RRS TDv8 and the last FFRR TDv8 that they both ran much better and with better economy using plain ordinary Shell and BP rather than supermarket fuel, but have been sceptical about there being sufficient economy grounds to warrant spending the extra money for these higher octane fuels

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 20-02-2012 07:17pm by XFullFatTim.)
20-02-2012 07:15pm
defender_uk

I am with you on that Tim....I am just starting to llog the fuel as well as the mpg now to see what difference any makes.

Defender_uk

Evoque Prestige Lux, OG, maual, style 4 wheels

comes to live with Defender 90 TDCi 07
20-02-2012 07:17pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

The Evoque is the first car I have owned in years where I haven't run an excel workbook for fuel/mileage figures but I think I will have to go back to doing it. I have found with previous LR's with trip computers that they generally show 2-3mpg better consumption than my spreadsheet gives me which makes the Evoque's consumption worse than either of my TDv8 engined cars, which is seriously disappointing .

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
20-02-2012 07:22pm
mywillia

(20-02-2012 07:09pm)defender_uk Wrote:  how many miles on the clock altogethe then mywillia?

Just over 1900 now

Interestingly, that was on Tesco fuel. Up to the last trip had been Esso

Delivered:-
Firenze Red Dynamic SD4 Coupe Manual with Lux pack
Verve Leather
20" Shadow Chrome Alloys
Privacy Glass
Heated Steering Wheel
(This post was last modified: 20-02-2012 07:41pm by mywillia.)
20-02-2012 07:39pm
Donny Dog

(20-02-2012 07:15pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  I'm not a great believer that there are any worthwhile benefits from BP Ultimate or Shell VPower diesel, but has anybody tried running for any great distance using them and noticed any improvement?
I found with my RRS TDv8 and the last FFRR TDv8 that they both ran much better and with better economy using plain ordinary Shell and BP rather than supermarket fuel, but have been sceptical about there being sufficient economy grounds to warrant spending the extra money for these higher octane fuels

Both my youngest son and his wife work for Shell (and she worked on the team that developed it), and they both insist the improvements are real. However, I still use whatever is cheapest!
20-02-2012 09:16pm
forest172

(20-02-2012 07:22pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  The Evoque is the first car I have owned in years where I haven't run an excel workbook for fuel/mileage figures but I think I will have to go back to doing it. I have found with previous LR's with trip computers that they generally show 2-3mpg better consumption than my spreadsheet gives me which makes the Evoque's consumption worse than either of my TDv8 engined cars, which is seriously disappointing .

The evoque trip is almost bang on. My old disco 4 was 3mpg optimistic.

Evoque PURE sd4 auto
Disco 4 GS gone
Toy 1 - Focus RS mk2
Toy 2 - Evo Xrs in the garage as my avatar
20-02-2012 10:14pm
paul

Took another couple of quick test drives yesterday, as still pondering petrol versus diesel. Both cars Dynamics, taken on exactly the same route, settings changes to Dynamic/Sport at same time, and same couple of 'overtaking manoeuvres'. Petrol was 17mpg Shocked and even diesel was only 27mpg. Very relaxed driving other than the overtakes. Then did my Audi S3 on same route and 34mpg. Given that Audi quote 33mpg combined for S3, I'm surprised just how far out Land Rover's figures are for the Evoque. These were free-flowing roads as well with 40 and 60mph limits.
(This post was last modified: 20-02-2012 11:14pm by paul.)
20-02-2012 11:14pm
ytshome

Last full fill on mixed driving, although as usual a fair amount of shortish trips (4 or 5 miles) and trip showing 27.2 mpg, more or less bang on the actual consumption.

Arrived. Prestige SD4 Auto 5DR OG September 11
20-02-2012 11:18pm