Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 4.5 Average
Real world mpg
Pommyboi

RE: Real world mpg

(23-02-2012 11:18pm)ytshome Wrote:  For me this particular thread isn't necessarily about the moaning that occurs here but the insight that it gives each of us and indeed those who don't have their car yet as to what real life driving will mean at the pumps. Personally I like to see how others are doing.

However, before we ridicule people for complaining about poor mpg figures when they are just a drip in the ocean of expenses associated with car ownership, just remember that future residual depend on lots of factors and the perception of the car being a big under-performer in the mpg stakes can affect its desireability and therefore it's residuals.

+1

On order: Feb 2012 - Pure, 5 door, SD4 auto, Style 4 wheels, Front parking, fog lights, rear camera, spare wheel. Red Contrast roof, Ebony- final spec TBC
23-02-2012 11:26pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ChuckieB

Well, 33.2 mpg on the trip for my first 300+ measured miles. Slightly worse on the fill to fill measurement which was 32.4mpg. Was taking it easy though but it did include a significant chunk of time crawling in rush hour traffic on the M25.

---------------------------------
Firenze SD4 Prestige Man Eb/Iv AD Keyless Powered Tailgate Roof Rails
Delivered 17/2/2012!

Other '05 Cliosport 182 FF
23-02-2012 11:39pm
broady43

When I looked at the MPG thread I thought I was going to see some statistics,but oh no it was just somebody trying to out smart the last postLaughing PS it was about the previous post.

5 door Pure sd4 Tech Fuji with black roof, tinted windows, ebony seats, style 4 alloys, xenons, fogs,black grille.
Arrived 29/03/2012.
(This post was last modified: 23-02-2012 11:42pm by broady43.)
23-02-2012 11:39pm
robc1738

(22-02-2012 11:52am)leveller Wrote:  You could dismiss the whole thread as silly people whining after buying a luxury permanent 4x4, and if they couldn't financially afford the MPG then they shouldn't have bought it. But I think you've missed the point, the problem is that the fuel economy seems to be glaringly wrong for lots of people and they may feel misled.

I can afford the fuel, but if I see a glaringly wrong fuel economy in my Evoque after I've collected it - don't think I won't be moaning in this thread as well - because I sure will. I hate being 'misled'. If people have been misled, which is it going to be - Land Rover had no idea and were ignorant of the fuel economy? Really?! Or the only other option.

So where does it stop Dan what if you were getting 12mpg when you have been quoted a lot more? Would you be happy with that I think not!

Pure SD4 manual, Fugi, Ebony leather, black contrast pano roof, 20" black wheels, tinted windows, xenon lights, fogs, front parking sensors
25-02-2012 08:26pm
j7david

A few figures over my first 2000 miles for anyone who's interested:
[Image: mpg2000.png]
25-02-2012 08:45pm
Mag1c_dragon

The last 2 days I have been playing harder with my car in dynamic mode and sport mode. All town drivi g with a bit of dual carriage ways. Really pushed it as far as I have ever done.

Anyway on my stretch down the a3 into central London last night I got my best mpg 39.8!!! I was foot flooring at traffic light and throwing it around at every opertuntites ity

I have continued to drive in dynamic plus sport today in and around town ( I normally get 14-15) and today got 31.8

Odd, but I am not complaining! I can recall someone else saying they got better mpg in dynamic mode too ?

I can't do the car any harm can I driving it in dynamic plus sport regularly can I?

Ordered June 11, Built - 24th November - Delivered - 7th Dec - NO DELAYS

Fuji White SD4 Dynamic, Auto, 5 Door, Black contrast roof with Panoramic Sunroof, Vortex Interior, Shadow Alloys, Ebony Roof Liner, Surround Cameras, TPMS Very Happy

http://www.flickr.com/photos/johnrampton/6495208095/
25-02-2012 09:30pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

None at all Magic, it it wasn't supposed to be driven with those two modes combined I'm sure that the software programmers would have built in something to deny it. It was me who posted that I had got better mpg using Dynamic mode.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
25-02-2012 10:28pm
PhilSkill

I have to say i'm dubious on the better mpg from dynamic mode, tried it a bit after you said Tim but didnt see any difference, hardly an exhaustive test, plus I dont have sport setting in the manual, just how my right foot works! I imagine sport mode is engine mapping so could have an effect, just you wouldnt expect it to be better mpg.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
26-02-2012 12:50am
Straydox

(25-02-2012 08:45pm)j7david Wrote:  A few figures over my first 2000 miles for anyone who's interested:
[Image: mpg2000.png]

Just calculating your consumption figures to true fuel consumption (litres divided by 4.54 to get to gallons) it has averaged 35.08 over the total mileage and the last tank was 35.88 mpg.

Is it an Auto or a manual transmission?

Delivered 15th May 2012, rejected and returned 4th Feb 2013 - SD4 5 door Prestige manual with a bucket full of rattles Mauritius Blue. Crazy Audi MY2020 RSQ3
(This post was last modified: 26-02-2012 01:48am by Straydox.)
26-02-2012 01:46am
Mag1c_dragon

(26-02-2012 12:50am)PhilSkill Wrote:  I have to say i'm dubious on the better mpg from dynamic mode, tried it a bit after you said Tim but didnt see any difference, hardly an exhaustive test, plus I dont have sport setting in the manual, just how my right foot works! I imagine sport mode is engine mapping so could have an effect, just you wouldnt expect it to be better mpg.

I don't really know why it worked either to be honest! Will try it again in a week or so and see if I get similar results. The significant improvement has been in town driving rather than going on long runs. Unfortunately for me I do about 75% town driving where I am averaging 14-15mpg in normal D mode.

I quite like driving in dynamic actually as the steering firms up, but the red lights are annoying me now!

Ordered June 11, Built - 24th November - Delivered - 7th Dec - NO DELAYS

Fuji White SD4 Dynamic, Auto, 5 Door, Black contrast roof with Panoramic Sunroof, Vortex Interior, Shadow Alloys, Ebony Roof Liner, Surround Cameras, TPMS Very Happy

http://www.flickr.com/photos/johnrampton/6495208095/
26-02-2012 08:38am