Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Range Rover thieves in action again in Central Scotland
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Range Rover thieves in action again in Central Scotland

Yes scum is again in action in rural Central Scotland trying to steal car keys from houses. My place suffered an attempted break in on Thursday night. Police are on the job, car keys were not in the house, car is now in a secure storage facility until I get home.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
17-08-2013 04:28am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
dynamicgirl

RE: Range Rover thieves in action again in Central Scotland

Awful to hear this, Tim. Glad they didn't get access to your keys or your car. Hope the police catch the scummy toads! Paula xx

MY15 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5 Door in Zanzibar Bronze with Black Pack, Style 9's, Ebony Leather, Privacy Glass, Panoramic Roof, Power Tailgate, Keyless, Heated Steering Wheel, VB Edition Centre Caps, Black Alloy Nuts & Lockers, Philips XV 5K Xenons, Witter Detachable Tow Bar & Full Interior LED's. Barmeca Black Side Steps, Bonnet Vents and Mudflaps to be fitted. Very Happy
Gone MY12 Dynamic SI4 Coupe, Fuji White, Contrast Black Roof, All Black Pack Parts Fitted.
17-08-2013 11:02am
J77

Scum Mad at least the car is safe and well and your keys are secure.

It makes my blood Boil that these people think it is ok to break into someones property and steal their hard earned possessions.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
17-08-2013 04:32pm
Chrisr1806

Lets hope they don't come south! My car is on the drive as I am on holiday. Big Cry

Absolute scum. Banging Head Glad to hear that they didn't steal anything.

Arrived: MY14.5 RRS HSE SDV6 in Loire Blue, Ivory interior, piano black trim, privacy glass,
panoramic sunroof, tow bar, mudflaps and full size spare Cool

Gone but not forgotten: 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE in Santorini Black, 19" Alloys, ebony interior,
piano black trim & grab handles, privacy glass, lux pack, rear spoiler, mudflaps and tow bar Very Happy
(This post was last modified: 17-08-2013 05:20pm by Chrisr1806.)
17-08-2013 05:20pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

They tried in November 2010 and ransacked the house on Rememberence Day, turned it upside down trying to find the keys to the FFRR I had at the time. It was one reason for moving to a smaller car. They must think I'm thicker than average if they think I would leave the car keys in the house for any length of time. good to know though that Evoque is still so desirable that it is worth breaking and entering a house to get the keys.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 17-08-2013 05:26pm by XFullFatTim.)
17-08-2013 05:22pm
Trapdoor

I still hold that the best plan is a set of 'keys' off ebay - unprogrammed/less the key blade - let them THINK they have the correct keys but it won't open the car (oh, bugger, the battery must be flat).

One would hope that the element of 'ransacking' looking for keys would be eliminated. I cannot imagine they'd think they had the wrong or dud set, certainly not straight away.... I also think that it would eliminate the aggro you may get if they broke in whilst you were there - as they would 'find' the keys and go straight back out to the car - giving the homeowner time to call the Police or 'take action' whilst they were trying to get the car to open.

Same could work for carjacking - hand them 'the key' and bail out - see how far they get before they realise it's not the correct/working key.

Had: 2013 Prestige Auto Lux
Have: MY17 Autobiography in Waitomo Grey with Ivory/Espresso interior, HUD, Adaptive Cruise, Adaptive Dynamics, Dynamic Driveline, Wading, Massage Seats. Delivered 17/09/16
17-08-2013 05:59pm
alibeau

Scumbags Tim, hope they didn't cause too much damage.

Ali.

Black Dynamic Si4 - gone but not forgotten.
17-08-2013 06:29pm
PhilSkill

Sorry to hear that Tim, maybe it's worth considering a security light with auto camera, if you can mount it out of the way of the thieves of course, then it video's anyone getting near the car.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
17-08-2013 08:47pm
scrannel

2nd Amendment.

2013 Dynamic USA specs with MagneRide + Strata wood int. with Lunar perf. Ork Grey.
BMW K1200R. Black.
18-08-2013 03:32am
Squidly73

Bazooka!!!

Evoque sd4 coupé dynamic auto. , black Sumatra, indus silver roof, coldmate pack,
panoramic cameras, black strata, ebony leather.
https://www.facebook.com/ForumPassionRangeRoverEvoque
18-08-2013 09:56am