Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Range Rover Evoque Configurator
MarkA_

RE: Range Rover Evoque Configurator

(22-12-2013 03:18pm)Vern Wrote:  Had a play also. It is not only low rent but has got me worried, like is the heated windscreen an option now on my new Dynamic. It was standard on my current one?

What else does it miss.

The lack of accuracy is more of a problem than not having one at all. And to top it off the dealerships are not able to provide a complete listing of the vehicle spec, including standard item even when you've placed your order and paid your money, just the add on chargeable options.

The current configurator is international, not country specific. Different countries have different standard equipment specs for different models, so you'r probably just running across this discrepancy. Until the market specific ones are available there's going to be lots of stuff you can see that is different or not available in your market.

I.E. A UK Dynamic might have a heated windscreen as standard but an Australian or South African one might not because their climate is much warmer.

(This is just an example I don't know if that specific example is true or not)

This international configurator has to handle all these little oddities - so your car definitely won't appear correct/the same on it. Right now. Until the market specific ones are available. I think this is a pretty easy concept to grasp?

Now: MY14 Dynamic Mauritius Blue/Contrast Pano, IP, BP, PIP, Powered Tailgate, IncontrolR+S, etc.
History: '08 BMW 123d MSport Coupe, '01 Mini Cooper, '91 BMW 316i, '96 Mitsubishi FTO, '96 Mazda 323, '88 Holden Camira
22-12-2013 07:38pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Vern

Thanks Tim, yes Stratstone, good guess. The sales guy even stated it was against Land Rover policy when I asked for it. Although I got a copy for my first Evoque Dynamic.

I will be on to them tomorrow.

2014 Dynamic 5dr SD4, 9 speed Auto, Indus Silver, Pano roof, Power Tailgate, Heated Stearing Wheel (brilliant ) Spare Wheel, Etc.
Traded in my 2012 model similar spec on great deal, It's that goodWink
22-12-2013 07:43pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Against Land Rover Policy? So they take your deposit on £45k and give you no idea what you have ordered! It takes them about 10 minutes to access the ordering system Mon-Fri! I noticed a wee small error on my own order last night - it states Ivory headliner when I know that the dealer changed it to Ebony so emailed them to confirm
it is Ebony.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
23-12-2013 07:22am
JB13

It's often one lazy sales rep that ruins the experience, and that applies to a lot of buying experiences and not just car dealers :/
23-12-2013 07:48pm
Vern

Dealer redeemed himself and emailed me the complete spec earlier today. Also informed me my new Evoque is due in build on 15th January so 1st March delivery is looking good. I have checked the spec many times already today and it all looks to be as ordered.

Just the wait now.

2014 Dynamic 5dr SD4, 9 speed Auto, Indus Silver, Pano roof, Power Tailgate, Heated Stearing Wheel (brilliant ) Spare Wheel, Etc.
Traded in my 2012 model similar spec on great deal, It's that goodWink
24-12-2013 01:33am
Devonian

It's definitely worth getting a full print out when buying. I naively didn't and ended up with the bench seats in the back rather than the 2 sports seats that I wanted. This is the only new car I've bought in my life and I was surprised how amateurish the whole process was to be honest. Not sure if this is just LR or generally the case.

Happy Christmas to you all on here from a very wet and windy Devon!

2012-2014: Dynamic SD4 Auto Lux Coupe. Santorini Black, Style 7 20" Shadow wheels, Privacy Glass, Adaptive Xenons, High Beam Assist, Solar Attenuating Glass and black Dynamic Plus pack. Sold back to Land Rover due to many build quality issues.
On order: Corris Grey Dynamic SD4 5 door, black contrast pan roof, blind spot indicators, Intelligence Pack, Head Up Display, Solar Glass, 825W Stereo and powered tailgate.
24-12-2013 12:22pm
CRC@LandRover

(24-12-2013 12:22pm)Devonian Wrote:  It's definitely worth getting a full print out when buying. I naively didn't and ended up with the bench seats in the back rather than the 2 sports seats that I wanted. This is the only new car I've bought in my life and I was surprised how amateurish the whole process was to be honest. Not sure if this is just LR or generally the case.

Happy Christmas to you all on here from a very wet and windy Devon!

I certainly hope this was just an isolated experience rather than a general one. As you have stated and I would always advise anyone purchasing a new vehicle to request a print out. At least then you are able to confirm you have all the options you have requested and raise any concerns should you have any.

And to Vern, I am glad to hear that things have been resolved with the dealer. Hope everything all goes to plan now, I am sure you will enjoy your new vehicle.

If anyone does have concerns with dealerships or any general concerns, please do not hesitate to send me a PM with the specific details and I will be happy to look into it further.

Many thanks,
Pete

Please note although Land Rover will try to assist you with your issue, we are unable to provide any technical advice. This account is available between 0900 and 17:00 hours Monday – Friday. Outside of this time if you require assistance, please drop us a Private Message and we'll get back to you.
24-12-2013 12:35pm
mstraka

Here in the states when I purchased my new 2013 Evoque Coupe there was no way to order an Evoque according to your personal build. Nearly all dealer inventory (I searched nation wide) was either black, white or silver, with the few exceptions to this on the Dynamic package. It was Pure Plus or Dynamic with standard packages attached with each. For example if you wanted Xenon lights you had to purchase the Dynamic package.
(This post was last modified: 28-12-2013 05:33pm by mstraka.)
24-12-2013 04:55pm
HeartbreakRidge

(24-12-2013 04:55pm)mstraka Wrote:  Here in the states when I purchased my new 2013 Evoque Coupe there as no way to order an Evoque according to your personal build.

hmm! I hope that's not the case nowadays around here, or LR might not be getting my money.

MY2014 Pure Plus, Firenze Red, Lunar/Cirrus interior, Climate Care & Vision Assist packages
Built: March 10, 2014 / Delivery Date (three weeks early!): March 26, 2014
24-12-2013 05:39pm
Ricardo

Hi

I've just come across this international configurator and it shows an SD4 Pure with one exhaust and an SD4 Prestige with two. Can someone tell me if this correct for the UK market for a 2014 9speed auto?

thanks

I've sorted this thanks
(This post was last modified: 07-01-2014 11:11am by Ricardo.)
06-01-2014 10:16pm