Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Dynamic seat leather - only the fronts ???
rjp996

Dynamic seat leather - only the fronts ???

Hi,
I'm new the forum and have been reading all I can. My wife wanted an RRE, so we went over to look at the different ones to make a decision. Initial view was the prestige, but although we liked the leather finished dash etc, she was more taken with the 'sporty' look of the Dynamic. One question we could not get answered form the dealer however was how much of the Dynamic seat covering is leather. We looked in a Pure and it looked like only the seat face (bit you sit on) was leather and the sides and back were synthetic (dealer agreed). Bit we were unsure about was on the Dynamic is the face, sides and back all leather or just the face - dealer clue-less and looking at the details on the LR site not much help either.
thanks
05-01-2014 07:26pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
m_101

RE: Dynamic seat leather - only the fronts ???

If you get the normal seats they are entirely leather covered. The facing parts (the bits you sit on I mean) are perforated leather and not quite as thick or supple as the prestige seats.
The plus pack seats (sports ones) have plastic "shell-like" covers (which are made of plastic that is as soft as butter, but that's another story!

5 door MY12 Fuji Dynamic Plus with shadow chromes, santorini contrast roof, power tailgate and a couple of added rattles!
Mods - Black RR bonnet vents, Side steps, Silicone rear wiper, rear sill protector, rear sill plates, LED interior lighting conversion, 2014 Sat Nav update.
05-01-2014 07:41pm
rjp996

Ok, thanks for that - sort of had a mental block to spending £40k+ on a car that I thought may have part fake leather. Pleased its not
05-01-2014 09:44pm
mark_n

The leather in my Dynamic has proved fit for purpose and the interior is harder-wearing than I expected it to be. It's a textured leather which is not as soft to the touch as the smooth "Oxford" leather of the Prestige but the softer the leather, the more susceptible it is to stretching, sag and wear and tear.

The dash covering is not leather but a high quality textured material which wipes down and adds to the more sporting feel of the car. The real reason to go for the Dynamic is the Adaptive Damping which comes as standard and the different side mouldings which make the Prestige look a bit plain by comparison.

Also, I went for the Si4 engine which was only available on the Dynamic. In the finish though, it's the same car and it's down to marketing what they bundle with what.

I am sure that you will find, like me, the interior of the Dynamic a very pleasant place to be.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
06-01-2014 07:39am
PhilSkill

+1 standard dynamic is great, I prefer it to the Oxford leather, like the perforated finish and found it has worn very well. In fact after driving a Prestige for the driving day I much preferred the my Dynamic when I got back in it. But each to thier own, thats why we have options!

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
06-01-2014 10:45pm