Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
Radio cutting out
musher

Radio cutting out

Is anyone else experiencing their radio/music/tv sound keep cutting out on them. I only noticed it this morning travelling into work that every couple of minutes or so my radio would make a crackling noise then cut out for a few seconds before coming back on again and hasn't stopped doing it since. It's not just the radio that's doing this either, it's also doing it to the tv/Bluetooth basically by the sound of things anything connected to the sound system.

I just happened to be taking the car in to the dealer this afternoon for the fuel spill recall thing and thought i would mentioned it to them and asked whilst they had the car in, could they have a look for me. The service guy said funny I should mentioned about the radio as he has had a few other customers ringing in about the same thing and not all of them were Evoques either.

The thing that was even more spooky was whilst I was nosing around a new Evoque I thought why not so I turned the radio on and guess what, the brand new one in the showroom was doing exactly the same thing as mine. When it was time to pick mine up the service guy said that he had another couple of calls complaining about the same thing during the time i was in there.

MY 14 Fuji 5 Door Dynamic SD4 9 Speed Auto Box with pano roof, auto boot, Auto dimming rear view mirror, Privacy glass, Mud Flaps, Bonnet/Boot black Lettering and 5 year service plan thrown in for good measure
28-08-2013 03:52pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Trapdoor

RE: Radio cutting out

There's a thread about this on the 'other side' ... (EOC forum).

I haven't used mine today, but will be in anger tomorrow ... better not do the same otherwise I'll be peed off - I hate any sort of interference/crackling/dropouts in my music.

Had: 2013 Prestige Auto Lux
Have: MY17 Autobiography in Waitomo Grey with Ivory/Espresso interior, HUD, Adaptive Cruise, Adaptive Dynamics, Dynamic Driveline, Wading, Massage Seats. Delivered 17/09/16
28-08-2013 06:20pm
Ranger4

I've had a few strange noises this week. I haven't had the radio on at all, but every now and again I get a single short crackle - the same sort of noise as if you touch a 1/4 inch jack lead that's plugged into a guitar amp...... weird

5 door, SD4 Auto, Dynamic LUX, Orkney Grey, Verve Interior, Ebony Headlining, Privacy Glass, Spare Wheel......
28-08-2013 06:32pm
Offroadstu

I've had the same noise since the software update was applied for the alarm. Really loud, even get it with radio off. I thought mine was a one off. Jan 13 car.
28-08-2013 06:45pm
musher

Funny you should say that cause one of the first things I did when I first heard it was to turn the radio off yet it continued every so often in making the same cracking noise.

The one in the show room done exactly the same as well even without the engine running!!

MY 14 Fuji 5 Door Dynamic SD4 9 Speed Auto Box with pano roof, auto boot, Auto dimming rear view mirror, Privacy glass, Mud Flaps, Bonnet/Boot black Lettering and 5 year service plan thrown in for good measure
28-08-2013 08:08pm
Firenze

Ive got exactly the same problem it only started once at the weekend but did it loads of times today, i just get a crackle then no sound for about 2-3 seconds and its via the CD, stored CDs, ipod basically any music source.

I even disconnected my phone via bluetooth but nothing seems to stop it, weird it affected other cars and they had loads of calls today! Maybe it some sort of interference from something and nothing to do with just the Evoque strange how lots of people get the problem on the same day!

Firenze Dynamic Si4, Pano roof, Verve, Ebony headliner, Black Strata, Privacy glass, Lux Pack - Enjoying since 7/3/12
28-08-2013 09:20pm
musher

Even stranger still when I was talking to one of the sales guys about it whilst waiting for mine, he said he was having a very similar problem with his over the last couple of days and listen to this he drives a BMW!!!

28-08-2013 09:41pm
JimWooly

(28-08-2013 09:20pm)Firenze Wrote:  Ive got exactly the same problem it only started once at the weekend but did it loads of times today, i just get a crackle then no sound for about 2-3 seconds and its via the CD, stored CDs, ipod basically any music source.

I even disconnected my phone via bluetooth but nothing seems to stop it, weird it affected other cars and they had loads of calls today! Maybe it some sort of interference from something and nothing to do with just the Evoque strange how lots of people get the problem on the same day!

Sunspots/Solar storm?

http://www.nbcnews.com/science/sun-blast...6C10980549
28-08-2013 09:41pm
Firenze

I had a simular thought and was just trying to find out if there were any big sunspot activity recently, I think you may be on to something with that.

Firenze Dynamic Si4, Pano roof, Verve, Ebony headliner, Black Strata, Privacy glass, Lux Pack - Enjoying since 7/3/12
28-08-2013 09:50pm
musher

Well I never who would have thought that that could have caused this!!

28-08-2013 10:17pm