Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Q261 - ECO START STOP SYSTEM INOPERATIVE & VEHICLE SOFTWARE UPDATES
harry

RE: Q261 - ECO START STOP SYSTEM INOPERATIVE & VEHICLE SOFTWARE UPDATES

i had ECO Stop/Start Fault message on today, eco button did not lite. restart did not help, so left it parked for a while, then it works again, no fault message. few weeks ago it did cut off power steering while the car stopped but engine was left running. because my car was so many times with the dealers I believe all updates have been done...
it is 2012 TD4 manual
08-11-2014 08:10pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
markdartj

So far I've had 2 updates since May. Last one just two weeks ago. Heading back to JLR next month for 6MO service. Sure wish they were closer (50 miles each way). Shifting is smoother since the update, not that I really had any issues with it before. Looking forward to the day when the updates will come over the internet, and then you just hook up your laptop to the car.

2014 Fuji White Pure PremiumWink
09-11-2014 09:57pm
Vern

My 2014 SD4 9 spped Auto Dynamic was recalled for Gearbox software update. Due to go in tomorrow but just had call from dealer to cancel. It seam LR has pulled the update on the basis it does not work and they have got to re work it.

Firstly find it a bit unbelievable but also suspicious what the issue is they are trying to fix. Led to believe it is not safety critical but don't really know what it is for.

2014 Dynamic 5dr SD4, 9 speed Auto, Indus Silver, Pano roof, Power Tailgate, Heated Stearing Wheel (brilliant ) Spare Wheel, Etc.
Traded in my 2012 model similar spec on great deal, It's that goodWink
13-11-2014 09:05pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Oh it works OK, it ruins the shift quality in 1st and 2nd and it is positively dangerous as I found twice tonight on the M74 - after thinking it had overcome the other issues I had last week tonight on a streaming wet motorway in the outside lane I got the dreaded red warning triangle and "Warning restricted power". I had to limp off the motorway completely as there is no hardshoulder on much of the M74, and do a full reboot to clear the warnings. DO NOT ALLOW ANY DEALERSHIP TO APPLY ANY 9 SPEED GEARBOX UPGRADES. Peter if you are reading this I expect action from my local dealer in the morning - you have a PM with all the details.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
13-11-2014 09:32pm
harry

been to the dealer today - there is a factory procedure for reconfiguration of eco start/stop system, even it has got Q261 update done already. would be too easy to get it fixed with one software version...
20-11-2014 09:13pm