Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Pure Pricing, Necessary Options?
jaychouf4n

Pure Pricing, Necessary Options?

Hey guys,

Just went into the LR dealership and loved the Evoque! I got a quote from a great sales person for the following evoque:

Pure TD4 (5 door)
Auto
Pan Roof w/ contrast
Tech Pack
Navigation
Clear Vision Pack
Front and Rear Cameras.

Are there any other necessary options that I have missed out on?

He gave the quote of $78,423 drive away. Is this RRP? Also, will I be able to haggle this down to around $75,000. (I understand the evoque is very much in demand at the moment, so it might be difficult) My dream price would be at the $72,000 region, as I've been told that I should aim for a 10% discount.

Otherwise, I have a budget of MAX $80,000. Should I move up to the prestige/dynamic and option it up a bit less?

Cheers.
16-01-2012 10:55am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
chiggy

RE: Pure Pricing, Necessary Options?

If you have a max budget of 80 maybe try optioning down a prestige/dynamic a bit less? Just add the pan roof with contrast and the navigation if you really want to - but that will most likely take you over the $80k mark.

I bought mine - or will pay - $71k - however that is after some haggling of about $1k decrease - good enough for me, its better than nothing. The only think I don't have on mine that you have is the Navigation - so not entirely sure where $7k has gone. Unless you got surround cameras as well.

How expensive is Navigation in itself?

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
16-01-2012 11:02am
jaychouf4n

Navigation is 3,400. This is driveway pricing, including stamp duty/rego/dealer delivery.
16-01-2012 11:04am
Barneyridge

Hi mate, welcome aboard. Just a on the nav, there have been some comments on here that some of the European members have had problems with portable navs, the major problems is getting a signal through the solar accentuated windscreen. Therefore maybe do some research before deleting the nav option. Not sure if we have the same windscreen and hence potentially the same problem

Pure TD4, Fiji, Auto, Pan Roof + Extras - Delivered Very Happy
16-01-2012 11:17am
RonnieNavani

(16-01-2012 10:55am)jaychouf4n Wrote:  Hey guys,

Just went into the LR dealership and loved the Evoque! I got a quote from a great sales person for the following evoque:

Pure TD4 (5 door)
Auto
Pan Roof w/ contrast
Tech Pack
Navigation
Clear Vision Pack
Front and Rear Cameras.

Are there any other necessary options that I have missed out on?

He gave the quote of $78,423 drive away. Is this RRP? Also, will I be able to haggle this down to around $75,000. (I understand the evoque is very much in demand at the moment, so it might be difficult) My dream price would be at the $72,000 region, as I've been told that I should aim for a 10% discount.

Otherwise, I have a budget of MAX $80,000. Should I move up to the prestige/dynamic and option it up a bit less?

Cheers.

I would straight away delete the front camera.. possibly the rear one too unless its for the wife? but you get used to it after a while.. We didn't order the camera and at first the wife cracked it (after delivery) saying its too hard for her to park etc.. but she is now used to it.. 2 weeks later.

Delivered - FUJI WHITE > EBONT BLACK > SD4 DYNAMIC > PANO ROOF > RSE > SAT NAV > FPD > PWR TAILGATE > 19" Style 4 Wheels and a few others..

[/color]www.swapdeals.com.au
16-01-2012 11:57am
DefLeppard

Hi Jay,

Welcome to the world of potential Evoque ownership.

See attached price lists and accessory price lists.

You will find it almost impossible to get a Prestige/dynamic drive away under $80,000. Essentially you would have to go with no options.

To give you an idea on your rrp for your current spec:

Pure TD4 (5 door) $53395
Auto $2480
Pan Roof $1035 - this is the old price - I believe it has increase to $1400ish ??
w/ contrast $955
Tech Pack $4500
Navigation $3400
Clear Vision Pack $1700
Front and Rear Cameras. - $670 rear and $620 (front parking aid - beeps, not camera.)

You didn't mention what colour - Everything but White attracts a $1300 metallic paint fee.
+dealer delivery $3000
=Running total $73K approx.
Plus approx on road costs -
Stamp duty ($3500), rego ($690)
= $77190 rrp.

So sounds like your quote is a little on the high side , unless I have missed something (no LCT as is still under $75000 before adding stamp duty and rego)

I managed about a 5% discount - to give you an example - the car in my signature is $73k drive away.

Let us know what state/area you are in and perhaps a forum member in your area can recommend a dealer where they got their best quote from.

Best of luck!

Attached File(s)
.pdf  Range Rover Evoque AUS_pricing_release_.pdf (Size: 52.97 KB / Downloads: 19)
.pdf  evoque full price list.pdf (Size: 566.63 KB / Downloads: 28)

SD4 Pure, Auto, 5 dr, Mauritius Blue, Pure Tech Pack, Reversing Camera, Front parking aid, Heated seats, Sat Nav, mud flaps. after market tint.

http://flic.kr/s/aHsjyQDpCj
16-01-2012 12:04pm
Aussievoque

Nearly identical to my spec (minus the nav and front camera) but + metallic paint and mine came in at $69k. I certainly don't think they're giving you any sort of deal other than RRP + probably a hefty dealer delivery fee.

2012 TD4 - Firenze - White leather - Style 6 - Panoramic roof - Keyless Entry - Bi-Xenons - Clearview - Navigation
16-01-2012 12:18pm
jaychouf4n

Hey guys,

Looking at a Firenze red with a black contrast roof. (I've heard you can do this aftermarket for far less than the 955 from RR, especially given that the pan roof means that only strips will be contrasted. (I think the quote was for sumatra black)

At the moment, I'm still undecided as to what interior to get. I loved the almond/espresso, but the ebony would work great with a pano roof, and the cirrus interior looks really classy (though a bit difficult to clean)

I'm getting the rear camera because the rear window is so small, it's like looking through a postbox! I'd feel a lot more comfortable with a rear camera. The parking assist seems a bit more gimmicky though, so I likely won't opt for that.

I'm want the GPS because of:
1. The portable GPS issues that Barneyridge described
2. I'm hoping it might improve resale value (Is this right to assume?)
3. I really like having an integrated system in the car, as opposed to fiddling with an external portable GPS. At the same time, $3,400 does seem a bit dear for a GPS system...

I'm in the NSW, the dealer I went to was in Parramatta. I feel obliged to go back, because the sales person gave great service and answered all the questions that I asked with patience and accuracy. It looks like with a 5% discount it would come to around $73,000 to $74,000 which is excellent news for me. Out of curiosity, DefLeppard, what dealer did you get your evoque from?

Looks like I won't be able to spec up to a dynamic/prestige because I don't want a car with no options.

Is it wise not to spec up to the SD4, I've heard that it doesn't really improve performance for city driving, which is what I will mostly be doing as I am driving to work.
(This post was last modified: 16-01-2012 01:08pm by jaychouf4n.)
16-01-2012 01:03pm
DefLeppard

Td4 or Sd4 is a very personal choice. Im a speed demon that does alot of country and outer suburban driving. For most people Td4 is more than enough.

My dealer is Rex gorell in Geelong, Victoria. Highly recommended.

SD4 Pure, Auto, 5 dr, Mauritius Blue, Pure Tech Pack, Reversing Camera, Front parking aid, Heated seats, Sat Nav, mud flaps. after market tint.

http://flic.kr/s/aHsjyQDpCj
16-01-2012 01:26pm
bcowell

I think going to the SD4 and a panormaic roof would give you much better resale value. Adding options that arn't easily fitted later on if you are after the best resale value possible. I personally think $3400 for GPS is highway robbery. I haven't played with the GPS in the Evoque but I doubt its better than one that you can pickup from JB for $200 and to be honest the best GPS solution I have found are the ones built in to smart phones (no lag and very fast GPS lock) $50 for a GPS app and a cradle and you are on your way. I wasn't ware about the GPS issues though, surely someone here has an iphone or smartphone with navigation software and can test it?

What you have been quoted does seem pretty high, like others have mentioned it's not too hard to get a SD4 with most of the options you listed for under 74k (minus the sat nav). I think the best way to get a good price would be to go to a dealer who doesn't appear to want to budge on price, waste his time by asking all the questions/test drive etc and then when you know everything you need to know and exactly what options you want start ringing dealers in Sydney and say this is what I want to pay, I already know exactly what options I want and everything I need to know if you accept my offer I will come in today and sign the paper work and leave a deposit. Easy sale for them so even though they arn't making as much you are in out and and haven't wasted there time. (this is my plan anyway, hopefully it works). I wouldn't get caught up with feeling bad for a salesman who is helpful but won't budge on price (unless you have money to burn) as theres always someone ready to undercut the last guy for a sale.
16-01-2012 01:38pm