Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Purchased 2013 Dynamic. Help me figure out included features
mmarsian

Purchased 2013 Dynamic. Help me figure out included features

So we just purchased a 2013 Dynamic RR Evoque. So far, we're loving but as I try to understand all the available features on this beauty, I'm reading conflicting information and I don't know what's true!

It's a white evoque dynamic (red letters on the back) with upgraded wheels, it seems like (20" dark grey), and panoramic roof.

So far, I have noticed the high-beam assist, My Video Tab, 360 degree cameras with front and rear parking sensors, and navigation. However, everything I read online indicates that these features should only be included with the Dynamic package, which is supposed to also have blind spot monitoring but that doesn't seem to be the case. Adaptive headlights are also regularly mentioned as a feature included with the Dynamic package but seem to be missing here.

Can anyone help explain what I'm missing here? This is a U.S. model, by the way, so that's why there is no dual view also.
01-10-2015 03:17pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Purchased 2013 Dynamic. Help me figure out included features

Blind Spot Monitoring will be obvious by looking at the wing mirror glasses where there should be an opaque patch on the mirror surface. It could be that the previous owner purchased the extras individually rather than as a pack and decided not to have the BLIS. Adaptive headlights will only been seen at night when the speed is below 30mph and you either turn the steering wheel or indicate left or right when a small spotlight will come on in the headlight unit and illuminate the edge of the road. Also works well in multistorey carparks with the tight turns on spiralling ramps. The "bending" beams are there but are hardly obvious. I believe that in the USA 20" wheels were an upgrade wheel, here in the UK and Europe they were standard fit to the Dynamic along with the Magneride system

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 01-10-2015 06:28pm by XFullFatTim.)
01-10-2015 06:27pm
mmarsian

It doesn't look like there's any blind spot monitoring. Is that possible, like you mention, that BSM is not there because the other stuff was purchased individually? I have never purchased a new range rover but I thought most vehicle configurations were strictly on a package basis. You either got the whole thing or you didn't.
03-10-2015 04:51pm
Mark^^

I have the same year and model as you, some things came with a package or added individually. JLR is good at charging for every option you want.

Fuji White Dynamic SD4 – auto, with Energy interior and pano roof.
04-10-2015 02:43am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Virtually all the bits that made up the packs could also be specced individually but cost a bit more on that basis. There were bits in the packs that people didn't want but they wanted others in the pack so in the beginning they could spec a car that was almost unique. Now Land Rover has rationalised the options and dropped some of them, for example both my Evoques had the so called "Plus" pack with Recaro high back seats, probably the most expensive and comfortable seats I have ever had in a car, but they are no longer available with the Mk2 facelift cars. Also bear in mind that many options on UK and European cars were never available on North American spec cars due to product liability issues or US type approval requirements

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 04-10-2015 09:28pm by XFullFatTim.)
04-10-2015 09:25pm