Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Standard Stereo and Speakers
jwsturner

Standard Stereo and Speakers

Can anyone let me know what the standard stereo and speakers are like? I'm looking at either and Evoque or Jaguar XE as my next company car and I've seen lots of negative comments about the standard XE speakers. I have an XE being delivered on Friday for an extended test drive over the weekend and this will be one of the things I'm going to check. I have an Evoque coming in the Best two weeks.
14-10-2015 10:47pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Standard Stereo and Speakers

If you get the Meridian system then the standard system is pretty good BUT I think that for 2016MY which is on sale now the system is lower powered than the pre 2016MY and now you have to pay extra to have what was previously standard. My two Evoques had the 850w Meridian enhanced system which was (in my ancient ears) excellent, my 2015MY RRS2 has the 380w system that was previously standard in the Evoque and it is pretty good too BUT i rarely listen to music, watch DvD's or TV or stream music in my cars, I'm a radio 4 addict and when that has nothing I want to listen to I will occasionally listen to Classic FM or Radio 3 and then the music reproduction I find to be very good.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
14-10-2015 11:30pm
PhilSkill

Standard 380W system is perfectly good for Music, it doesn't have surround sound etc for DVD's and the like, and unless you want ear booming Bass etc, then I can't fault it really, it's clear can be turned up louder than you should and is far better than any system I've had before, (A Bose in car being one of them).

Only way to know is to try one though, as music and quality is very personal.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
15-10-2015 04:18pm
jwsturner

According to what I've seen, it comes with an 8 speaker system. 11 speaker 380w Meridian is £600 and 17 speaker 825w is £1600. Because it's a company car I'm not able to go for either.
15-10-2015 05:54pm
PhilSkill

Yep as Tim mentioned, they've dropped the level of Standard... Mine was the Standard system previously.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
15-10-2015 08:30pm
jwsturner

I know it won't be as good as the Meridian systems, but anyone got the standard system, is it acceptable?
15-10-2015 08:59pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

It may well be another Meridian system, just lower spec although Land Rover has used unbranded Alpine and Philips systems in the past. Looking at the configurator it appears that the CD player is now an optional extra and you only get a DAB/FM/AM radio as standard with the wired or B/T streaming from a portable media player/ smart phone.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
16-10-2015 10:47am
integsci

(15-10-2015 08:59pm)jwsturner Wrote:  I know it won't be as good as the Meridian systems, but anyone got the standard system, is it acceptable?

Just had mine delivered with the standard , none meridian system . its not as good as the old 360w meridian , but is not too bad . was worried about this aspect as well , but its really not bad .
16-10-2015 01:12pm
jwsturner

I've just had a demo car dropped off for the weekend. It's OK, but could be better, my current car is a Mazda5 and it's better than the Jag's. I'm also test driving an Evoque tomorrow and I'm hoping the system in that is better as I'm probably going to get that rather than the jag.
16-10-2015 05:47pm
bee

I have the 360w meridian and its perfect for our use.

2013 auto sicillian yellow special edition. with all the goodies supplied with this model.
16-10-2015 06:43pm