Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Project PureNamic ed4 5dr Orkney Grey
Gatsby

RE: Project PureNamic ed4 5dr Orkney Grey

(01-02-2013 12:44am)WB Wrote:  How much were the black plastic sills - I only just noticed the dynamic has them today!

PN LLR027251&52 They were £87.55 each (ex vat)
steel reinforcement bar that goes underneath them £6.65each PN LLR033990/91
+ Fixings £5
[quote='Gatsby' pid='80336' dateline='1359758996']

PN LLR027251&52 They were £87.55 each (ex vat)
steel reinforcement bar that goes underneath them £6.65each PN LLR033990/91
+ Fixings £5

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

(This post was last modified: 02-02-2013 12:02am by Gatsby.)
01-02-2013 11:49pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
scrannel

Pardon my ignorance, but this seems to be a relatively popular transformation. So, why not just get the Dynamic in the first place? Are they that much more expensive in the UK?

2013 Dynamic USA specs with MagneRide + Strata wood int. with Lunar perf. Ork Grey.
BMW K1200R. Black.
02-02-2013 02:53am
Gatsby

(02-02-2013 02:53am)scrannel Wrote:  Pardon my ignorance, but this seems to be a relatively popular transformation. So, why not just get the Dynamic in the first place? Are they that much more expensive in the UK?

I only could afford the Pure £30k, the Dynamic is near £40k in uk
02-02-2013 01:58pm
jdiamond

You don't get the Aeroflip spoiler on the dynamic as standard - we didn't bother. I have to say that you seem to have gone through a lot of trouble to make something look like the dynamic - did you get the red badge and 20" alloys?

Dont forget that the Dynamic is a lot more than just the outward appearance and so in the end if you were to try and get everything in the dynamic and do it yourself you would have spent a lot more than £10k.

Have to say that having had it now for about 4 weeks I cannot get out of it it is a dream to drive and the gadgets and gizmos are great fun.

Still enjoy your quasi-dynamic.

Fuji White Evoque SD4 Dynamic Coupe Automatic, Black Interior, Panoramic Roof, Auto Dimming Mirrors, Adaptive Headlights, All Round Cameras, Meridian 825w Surround System and......spare wheel

Ordered: 25th November 2012
Delivered: 12th January 2013
02-02-2013 02:18pm
Gatsby

(02-02-2013 02:18pm)jdiamond Wrote:  You don't get the Aeroflip spoiler on the dynamic as standard - we didn't bother. I have to say that you seem to have gone through a lot of trouble to make something look like the dynamic - did you get the red badge and 20" alloys?

Dont forget that the Dynamic is a lot more than just the outward appearance and so in the end if you were to try and get everything in the dynamic and do it yourself you would have spent a lot more than £10k.

Have to say that having had it now for about 4 weeks I cannot get out of it it is a dream to drive and the gadgets and gizmos are great fun.

Still enjoy your quasi-dynamic.

yes got the style 6 alloys - not sure on red badge yet though
02-02-2013 03:59pm
Evo-king

There are so many different ways of looking at owning a Pure and the attempting some dynamic styling mods, because that's all you can do, you can't change the internal and mechanical differences.

Having initially, considered a Pure, adding options meant we were closing in on a Dynamic base price without the bits that made a Dynamic a Dynamic.

So we bit the bullet and went the extra mile. Some people can't.

However, purely as a styling issue, the Dynamic stands out and I'm sure many non Dynamic owners would like that look, if they want to put in the effort to mimic this then good luck to them, but in the end it will also come at a price.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
02-02-2013 06:55pm
scrannel

Funny, when I first went shopping I liked the look of the Pure and Prestige which seemed more of a harmonious design. And I really had yet to do my homework on the car when the salesman mentioned the Dynamic could be had with Magnetic suspension. So, that really was that. But the whole package -- upgraded steering, springs etc. really make this a very capable sports sedan. Though I understand in the UK and other markets one can get the Magnetic suspension on other models.

2013 Dynamic USA specs with MagneRide + Strata wood int. with Lunar perf. Ork Grey.
BMW K1200R. Black.
(This post was last modified: 04-02-2013 06:28pm by scrannel.)
04-02-2013 06:28pm
speary

IMHO I think the Pure Coupe has the best look with the pronounced side fenders. It looks more purposful and breaks up the large slab sides. Having said that I think the standard exhaust trims look a bit weak. Larger diameter would work better. Dont like the Dynamic exhaust. It's just a nice looking trim piece with the skinny exhaust visible in the hole, it looks aftermarket to me or like a Honda Civic
Still, each to their own Very Happy
I wouldnt knock anybody for modding their Evoque as you end up with a car that is more to your own taste and the process is quite enjoyable

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
05-02-2013 02:33pm
fam1x

(28-01-2013 12:01am)broady43 Wrote:  Don't get them wrapped, someone on Ebay keeps selling painted mirror caps for about £30.

Please send us a link who selling them on ebay.

Thanks

Pure SD4 Auto Black Tech pack, Pano roof, Powered tailgate, Dim rear view, Carpet mats & edging, Parking Assist Aid - Rear camera, Folding mirrors, Front Fogs, Auto Light, Rain sensor, Adaptive Xenons, Heated SW, Keyless entry and Privacy Glass arrived 13 Jan 12 Smile
05-02-2013 05:03pm
Gatsby

(05-02-2013 02:33pm)speary Wrote:  IMHO I think the Pure Coupe has the best look with the pronounced side fenders. It looks more purposful and breaks up the large slab sides. Having said that I think the standard exhaust trims look a bit weak. Larger diameter would work better. Dont like the Dynamic exhaust. It's just a nice looking trim piece with the skinny exhaust visible in the hole, it looks aftermarket to me or like a Honda Civic
Still, each to their own Very Happy
I wouldnt knock anybody for modding their Evoque as you end up with a car that is more to your own taste and the process is quite enjoyable

Well said, the fun is in the modding not the money spent - ALL cars lose money, the more they cost the more they lose. £50k on an evoque "optioned up" - you might as well tie your money to a brick and lob it in the sea!
05-02-2013 08:34pm