Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Process with Dealers
CSJ

Process with Dealers

After months of deliberating I finally placed my order for my Evoque with Stratstones last week.

I have watched the posts on here over the last few months and they have been an enormous help in finalising my choices.

Now that I have finally placed my order I wonder if anyone can tell me what I should be receiving from the dealer and when. All I have at the moment is an order for my spec. When will they input this onto their system, what should I get from them, when will they tell me build date, delivery, etc etc?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Smile

On order: Volvo XC60 T5 Inscription Pro

Current: Porsche Macan, Pebble Interior, Volcano Grey, Bose, other extras which cost lots and should be standard

Gone:
BMW X6 m diesel with BMW exclusive interior
Evoque Dynamic Orkney, Accolade Dynamic Plus Sports Interior (Ivory)
Evoque. Coupe, Dynamic, Fuji, Pursuit (x2)
Scirocco 2.0 GT DSG, Black, Black Lthr, 19" Luganos
TT Mk 2, Grey, Audi Exclusive Int
SLK Mk 2, Blk, Beige Lthr
TT Mk 1, Blue, Silver Lthr
TT Mk 1, Silver, Grey Lthr
15-08-2011 12:39pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
griff

RE: Process with Dealers

I'm sorry I can't help you here CSJ as my dealer has been toatlly useless at keeping me up to speed on what is happening about my order. If I had not put down £2k as a non returnable deposit I think I might (if i did not want the Evoque so much) be back at my BMW dealer who has always been polite and efficient.

Arrived: SD4 Prestige Auto Coupe with Lux pack. Ipanema Sand with Black Panoramic Roof
Ambience Interior with Macassa wood.

Now a Jag XFR Kyanite Blue - wow what power.
At home and superb.
15-08-2011 03:30pm
caroline11000

I had to keep pestering my dealer as he sat on my order for weeks before actually putting it through. You will get a build & delivery date when they have placed your order, and you also get a certain amount of time to change your order if you need to. I would get back to them and ask why they haven't yet placed your order on the system yet?

Pure 5dr SD4 Auto
Fuji, Ebony, Tech Pack, Pan Roof, Privacy Glass, Front Fogs, Park Assist, Rear Camera, Power-Fold Mirrors, Xenons & Spare Wheel
Got car 9th Dec 11
REJECTED car 9th Jan 12 - paint runs down doors & seals one side, obvious bad re-spray before delivery! Big Cry
New car arrived 31st March 12 Very Happy
(This post was last modified: 21-08-2011 05:30pm by XFullFatTim.)
21-08-2011 05:06pm
CSJ

Thanks for the advice Caroline.

I will chase them up, not that it is easy to get them to do anything!

Wink

Current: Porsche Macan, Pebble Interior, Volcano Grey, Bose, other extras which cost lots and should be standard

Gone:
21-08-2011 11:08pm
paulus599

Hi CSJ, I don't think pestering your dealer will do much good. I was told that they can't do anything with the orders other than put them on their own system. It's then down to the factory to call them up as and when required. It's at that point that your dealer should check that you don't want any changes made. Once the order is with the factory you will get a build date etc. within a couple of days.

By the way your past car list is very similar to my own, Mk1 TT, SLK and Mk2 TTS. The TTS is now up for sale so just wondering what are you trying for moving the Scirocco on?

SD4 Prestige Coupe Auto, Fuji White, Pano roof, Park assist, Powered tailgate, Style 6 alloys, Element interior, Adaptive Dynamics. Build date: WAS 21/10/2011 Delivered 13/12/2011
Now: Evoque SD4 Coupe
Gone: TTS Roadster
Gone: Mini Cooper S
Gone: Mercedes SLK
(This post was last modified: 21-08-2011 11:22pm by paulus599.)
21-08-2011 11:21pm
CSJ

Hi paulus599

Am getting rid of the Scirocco now as am gonna be out of the country for a couple of months and hopefully my new RRE will be readyish when I get back (fingers crossed!).

I tried selling the Scirocco privately and advertised in the usual places, to be honest this was a complete pain, I got loads of timewasters and attempted frauds, and no serious purchasers.

My view is increasingly that if a car is worth more than £20k then the majority of people do not want to buy it privately, they prefer the certainty of buying from the franchised dealer.

I tried loads of VW dealers and the variation in prices offered was huge.

I have ended up selling the car back to the dealer I bought it from and it goes this week. Price is probably £1500 below what I should get for it privately but the hassle of selling is bad. Am content I guess as it means I can afford my RRE but selling is always bad as I guess most people here know. One thing which was interesting is that the best price I could get for trade in now with my LR dealer was £750 worse than I could get by going direct.

I guess this may not help you but I dont have any magic tricks for selling sorry.

Hope yours goes well!

Gone:
21-08-2011 11:37pm
paulus599

Yes, I agree it is a real pain but I think I'd rather try it than wait and see what my dealer will offer as a trade in. It's definately not a sellers market out there, but you never know I may just strike lucky and find that one person who does'nt want to pay main dealer prices - here's hoping anyway!

SD4 Prestige Coupe Auto, Fuji White, Pano roof, Park assist, Powered tailgate, Style 6 alloys, Element interior, Adaptive Dynamics. Build date: WAS 21/10/2011 Delivered 13/12/2011
Now: Evoque SD4 Coupe
Gone: TTS Roadster
Gone: Mini Cooper S
Gone: Mercedes SLK
21-08-2011 11:45pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

The problem for those selling TT's and Sciroccos is that nobody wants one now the Evoque is on the streets................. whether it is a better car or not, the Evoque has taken the small coupe market by storm and it has a brand name that so many people have for years aspired to owning

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 22-08-2011 11:04am by XFullFatTim.)
22-08-2011 11:02am
DynamicRRV

Literally just had a call from my dealer confirming my VIP night and delivery date which is last week in September 
22-08-2011 11:22am
KaDargo

I have placed my deposit but I think my dealer has run out of 'slots' - quoting December slot as next available, which will I assume result in a '12' delivery.

SD4 Prestige, Mauritius, Element, Cirrus Headlining, Pana Roof, Park Assist, Heated Steering Wheel,Blind Spot monitor, 20" Alloys, Powered Tailgate
22-08-2011 11:30am