Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Problem with the automatic gearbox dial.
Lilly

Problem with the automatic gearbox dial.

Hi all!

We collected our 63 plate Evoque Pure Tech the day before we travelled to France for Christmas and New Year holidays. All was going well, until one morning after Christmas we found that after starting the car, the auto gearbox dial rose, then lowered then rose then lowered again in quick succession...then stayed in the lowered position! In a panic (we were taking children to an indoor footie tournament!) we found the handbook and read that it was possible to still select gear when closed by pushing slightly down on the dial and twisting. Not the easiest thing to do buti t worked.

We assumed that maybe being that it was our brand new car, we'd maybe pressed something we shouldn't have when entering...but unfortunately the car has continued to do this on occasion and there seems to be no pattern as to why or when it does it.

I have just travelled back alone to the UK with the Evoque and I'm about to call the dealer - does anyone out there have any idea why the car would do this? I'd like to have a little more knowledge (if possible!) before I call the workshop to book the Evoque in!
(This post was last modified: 03-01-2014 02:09pm by Lilly.)
03-01-2014 02:06pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TWS

RE: Problem with the automatic gearbox dial.

(03-01-2014 02:06pm)Lilly Wrote:  does anyone out there have any idea why the car would do this? I'd like to have a little more knowledge (if possible!) before I call the workshop to book the Evoque in!
Hi Lilly,

See: http://www.evoqueownersclub.co.uk/forum/...c4029.html

Hope this helps

Trev
03-01-2014 02:43pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Problem with the automatic gearbox dial.

Hi Lilly, you can still call Land Rover Assist even on the Continent so no need to have bought the car back for treatment. I hope that LR has this fixed by the time my new one arrives in March!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
04-01-2014 01:56pm