Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Private Reg Plates.
Ghost Rider

RE: Private Reg Plates.

It is also worth considering the implications if your car is written. Once your insurance claim is settled the vehicle and therefore its registration mark become the property of the insurance company. Therfore you need to arrange transfer or retention of your number plate before settlement. It is worth advising your insurance company at the outset you have a personalised plate.

Now in possesion of my SD4 Auto Dynamic., Santorini, Privacy Glass Shadow, Chrome Shadow style 7's Mixed emotions
(This post was last modified: 04-04-2012 03:39pm by Ghost Rider.)
04-04-2012 03:38pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
WB
WB

(04-04-2012 03:38pm)Ghost Rider Wrote:  It is also worth considering the implications if your car is written. Once your insurance claim is settled the vehicle and therefore its registration mark become the property of the insurance company. Therfore you need to arrange transfer or retention of your number plate before settlement. It is worth advising your insurance company at the outset you have a personalised plate.

Wouldn't the insurance company be aware because the registration plate is on the certificate!?
04-04-2012 04:33pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

But in these days of non-disclosure you have to tell them that it's a cherished plate to get it covered, especially as so many look like standard plates

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
04-04-2012 05:01pm
Ghost Rider

(04-04-2012 04:33pm)WB Wrote:  Wouldn't the insurance company be aware because the registration plate is on the certificate!?

Maybe if you have A1 or something but you may have a plate such as BE57 EVR and as demonstrared on this forum not everybody recognised it as a plate somebody would be prepared to pay money for

Now in possesion of my SD4 Auto Dynamic., Santorini, Privacy Glass Shadow, Chrome Shadow style 7's Mixed emotions
04-04-2012 07:04pm
Mudi1

Back to the original point, valeter, how about EVO as the last three letters?
04-04-2012 10:31pm
Broadsword1959

Plates - Advised by Dealer

Just been advised by the Dealer that the last 3 on Plate will be WPW.

The other half has already come up with Winnie Pooh's Wheels!!!

I can think of no other more urgent reason to get a Private Plate!

Pure, SD4, Manual, Baltic Blue, Ebony Interior, Tech Pack, Xenon Headlights, Folding Mirrors / Puddle Lights, Front Fog Lights, Reversing Camera
[Image: 124096.png]
10-04-2012 11:15pm
mark_n

(04-04-2012 10:31pm)Mudi1 Wrote:  Back to the original point, valeter, how about EVO as the last three letters?

I had a look for such plates when I bought my car, nothing much. Keep in mind that the Mitsubishi EVO has been around for a while which means the good numbers have been snaffled. Something like A1 EVO would have been good. The new style registration plates don't make great combinations IMHO.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
11-04-2012 05:47am
Token

The new style plates can be good...i.e. if the car isn't quick enough for you, you could have TO05 LOW

It works out well for me, because my company name is 7 letters with the 3rd and 4th being L and I

Evoque Coupe 2.2 SD4 Dynamic LUX 190HP (in some kind of grey!)

[Image: event.png]
11-04-2012 09:20am
Mudi1

RE: Plates - Advised by Dealer

(10-04-2012 11:15pm)Broadsword1959 Wrote:  Just been advised by the Dealer that the last 3 on Plate will be WPW.

The other half has already come up with Winnie Pooh's Wheels!!!

I can think of no other more urgent reason to get a Private Plate!

I had a Kentucky Fried Goose
(11-04-2012 05:47am)mark_n Wrote:  I had a look for such plates when I bought my car, nothing much. Keep in mind that the Mitsubishi EVO has been around for a while which means the good numbers have been snaffled. Something like A1 EVO would have been good. The new style registration plates don't make great combinations IMHO.

My12 MRK (dvla £815). Not that I spent time looking for you, ha
(This post was last modified: 11-04-2012 09:32am by Mudi1.)
11-04-2012 09:30am
The Valeter

(11-04-2012 05:47am)mark_n Wrote:  I had a look for such plates when I bought my car, nothing much. Keep in mind that the Mitsubishi EVO has been around for a while which means the good numbers have been snaffled. Something like A1 EVO would have been good. The new style registration plates don't make great combinations IMHO.

I did think EVO when I first started looking but I too initially thought of Mitsubishi EVOlution! My car came with ** 12 VOC which has had a few comments. I was given a list of plates & this in my oppinion was the only relevant one there.
I think if I get a plate it will be one with my initials on & they are APS but I don't want to spend silly money!

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
11-04-2012 11:19pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply