Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Privacy Glass
CSJ

Privacy Glass

Hi everyone.

Am thinking of adding privacy glass to my order (if dealer will allow me)

Can anyone tell me which windows the glass is added to, ie is it just rear passenger windows, or rear passenger and rear window or all windows?

Also does anyone have a view for how dark it makes the interior (am getting panaramic so maybe its ok).

Thanks for any advice

Very Happy

On order: Volvo XC60 T5 Inscription Pro

Current: Porsche Macan, Pebble Interior, Volcano Grey, Bose, other extras which cost lots and should be standard

Gone:
BMW X6 m diesel with BMW exclusive interior
Evoque Dynamic Orkney, Accolade Dynamic Plus Sports Interior (Ivory)
Evoque. Coupe, Dynamic, Fuji, Pursuit (x2)
Scirocco 2.0 GT DSG, Black, Black Lthr, 19" Luganos
TT Mk 2, Grey, Audi Exclusive Int
SLK Mk 2, Blk, Beige Lthr
TT Mk 1, Blue, Silver Lthr
TT Mk 1, Silver, Grey Lthr
21-08-2011 11:05pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
vinny

RE: Privacy Glass

The privacy glass is to all windows behind the driver/passenger doors ie. rear screen and side rear windows.It is quite dark from the outside but not so noticeable when looking out the vehicle.
If you are getting the pano roof it will not be an issue anyway.
As far as im concerned as well as xenons its the biggest styling must have.

My order- fuji white sd4 manual coupe,tech pack,xenons,style 6 20's,pano roof,privacy,front fogs,rear camera,folding mirrors,ebony int/ivory headliner,dec delivery.(still waiting!) Collected 14/01/2012
NOW SOLD as of 26/07/14 Very Happy
Now driving Audi SQ5, everything the Evoque should of been.
21-08-2011 11:15pm
paulus599

As far as I'm concerned it's the biggest must not!

SD4 Prestige Coupe Auto, Fuji White, Pano roof, Park assist, Powered tailgate, Style 6 alloys, Element interior, Adaptive Dynamics. Build date: WAS 21/10/2011 Delivered 13/12/2011
Now: Evoque SD4 Coupe
Gone: TTS Roadster
Gone: Mini Cooper S
Gone: Mercedes SLK
21-08-2011 11:24pm
Ezandania

Too bad we're not getting the privacy glass nor the solar-attenuated glass option here... Sad

2012 Evoque Dynamic Si4 Auto, Fuji White/Agility Dynamic Plus, 20" Style 6's, Panoramic Roof, Keyless Entry, Power Tailgate, Surround Cameras, 825W Meridian Sound, Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenon HIDs
2003 Mini Cooper S
1999 Honda S2000
22-08-2011 12:26am
jgouldj

(21-08-2011 11:24pm)paulus599 Wrote:  As far as I'm concerned it's the biggest must not!

... unless you have the desire to look like a drug dealer or general miscreant!
22-08-2011 07:40am
paulus599

Laughing Laughing

SD4 Prestige Coupe Auto, Fuji White, Pano roof, Park assist, Powered tailgate, Style 6 alloys, Element interior, Adaptive Dynamics. Build date: WAS 21/10/2011 Delivered 13/12/2011
Now: Evoque SD4 Coupe
Gone: TTS Roadster
Gone: Mini Cooper S
Gone: Mercedes SLK
22-08-2011 09:28am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

You might think privacy looks rediculous (for many years I did too) but I had no option but to take it with my current car which is the first car I have owned with it. It was already fitted when I purchased the car. LR's privacy glass is way darker than many manufacturers fit - it is almost limo tint. I have specced it this time not because I want to look like a drug dealer( in which case I would have tinted the front side glasses too with limo tint) but because I think the coupe looks even better with it. It does help to keep the interior cooler of the few sunny days we get up here, but it also makes it almost impossible for somebody looking into the back of the car to see what of value might have accidentally been left on the rear seats.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 22-08-2011 10:47am by XFullFatTim.)
22-08-2011 09:42am
caroline11000

I have decided to add privacy glass to my order as I like the look of it. I did wonder how dark it would make the interior as I have ordered black leather, but with the panoramic roof it adds so much more light. The only thing I wasn't sure about was if ebony headliner would that make it too dark so I have stuck with ivory.

Pure 5dr SD4 Auto
Fuji, Ebony, Tech Pack, Pan Roof, Privacy Glass, Front Fogs, Park Assist, Rear Camera, Power-Fold Mirrors, Xenons & Spare Wheel
Got car 9th Dec 11
REJECTED car 9th Jan 12 - paint runs down doors & seals one side, obvious bad re-spray before delivery! Big Cry
New car arrived 31st March 12 Very Happy
22-08-2011 10:29am
griff

I understand the additional benefit of having privacy glass is that it helps keep the cabin cool which is why i have gone for it. Apart from the fact it will make my car look like a van!

Arrived: SD4 Prestige Auto Coupe with Lux pack. Ipanema Sand with Black Panoramic Roof
Ambience Interior with Macassa wood.

Now a Jag XFR Kyanite Blue - wow what power.
At home and superb.
22-08-2011 11:41am
pureevoque

The other benefit is if you have young children, you don't have to plaster the windows with the fugly shades that are available

ed4 Pure 5 Dr, Fuji, Xenons, Front Fogs, Power mirrors & tailgate, 20" Style 6. Ordered 290611 Delivered 090312
22-08-2011 12:55pm