Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Privacy Glass
durchy

Privacy Glass

Placed my order for new Evoque in February, and still wondering about which spec to go for.
Noticed that lots of members have opted for privacy glass. I've no experience of privacy glass and wondered what it looks like on vehicle (none in local dealers). Also, is it like wearing sunglasses when driving?
08-04-2012 12:33pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RacingSnake

RE: Privacy Glass

I haven't taken delivery of this yet, but it was a lot darker than I was expecting.
My missus said she doesn't like it... which is a bit tough really! lol

[Image: evoque2_resize.jpg]

Also it won't be like sunglasses - as it's only the rear windows.

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
(This post was last modified: 08-04-2012 12:37pm by RacingSnake.)
08-04-2012 12:36pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Donny Dog

(08-04-2012 12:33pm)durchy Wrote:  Placed my order for new Evoque in February, and still wondering about which spec to go for.
Noticed that lots of members have opted for privacy glass. I've no experience of privacy glass and wondered what it looks like on vehicle (none in local dealers). Also, is it like wearing sunglasses when driving?

You don't get it on the windscreen or forward side windows (which is illegal). I haven't got it myself, but, with some colour combinations, it looks a bit 'Mafia' to me. On a totally black two-door Dynamic I've seen pictures of it looked like an American pop stars vehicle. I suppose it depends what 'look' you are after!
08-04-2012 12:37pm
durchy

Thanks, don't think I'll bother!
08-04-2012 12:47pm
Kele00

Privacy Glass

I had my rear windows tinted last week. I don't know how dark is the original one, but with 3M films I could choose from four different darknesses. I chose P20, which is pretty dark, but you are able to see inside. The visibility backwards from driver seat is a bit darker than before. That doesn't bother me at all.

I think the car looks better now with the tints.

Driving - 5dr Pure SD4 Manual
Santorini black, Almond/espresso, Panoramic roof, 4 x packs, rails etc
08-04-2012 01:07pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

The privacy glass on the RRE is strange because from the outside it is almost limo tint (cannot see through to the inside) but from the inside plenty of light comes through and those sitting in the back have a clear view out, I was quite surprised when I travelled in the back of mine that with the pano roof blind open and the privacy the back is not as dark as I thought it would be. If you intend taking your car to the sunnier parts of the UK it is useful for shading children in the back from the sun

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
08-04-2012 02:37pm
smayo

My past experience of privacy glass on 2 other cars is that it can look almost black from outside, and stops people nosing inside, while at the same time has little impact when sitting inside the car.
This might not be the same for all cars or for aftermarket tints which I've never had.

Ordered 17/2/12 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5dr, Mauritius Blue, Pan roof, 20" style 6 (gloss black), Vortex, Ebony Headlining, Ent Pack, Heated St. Wheel, Homelink, Pr Glass, Auto Dim r.view mirror, spare wheel
08-04-2012 04:33pm
vinny

Evoque without privacy=old persons car
Socks and sandals with clip on sunglasses Very Happy

My order- fuji white sd4 manual coupe,tech pack,xenons,style 6 20's,pano roof,privacy,front fogs,rear camera,folding mirrors,ebony int/ivory headliner,dec delivery.(still waiting!) Collected 14/01/2012
NOW SOLD as of 26/07/14 Very Happy
Now driving Audi SQ5, everything the Evoque should of been.
08-04-2012 07:33pm
cjfp

(08-04-2012 02:37pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  I was quite surprised when I travelled in the back of mine that with the pano roof blind open and the privacy the back is not as dark as I thought it would be.

Can you reach the steering wheel from the back as I can't possibly believe that you let someone else drive?! Laughing

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
08-04-2012 08:13pm
Donny Dog

(08-04-2012 07:33pm)vinny Wrote:  Evoque without privacy=old persons car
Socks and sandals with clip on sunglasses Very Happy

Two out of three ain't bad....I don't have clip on sunglasses!

Evoque WITH privacy glass = Mafia or drug dealer Laughing
08-04-2012 09:16pm