Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Price rise
wokkaman

RE: Price rise

yeah I was told £900+ on the Dynamic, hence why I banged my order in quicklyVery Happy

RRS 5.0 SC, Santorini Black, Ebony, Privacy Glass, 360 Camera, Logic 7, TV, Heated Steering Wheel, Towpack
* Kawasaki ZX10R (05) - Green - Ohlins Damper, R&G Spindles, Hump
* Focus ST2 - Blue, side stripes
* Boeing Chinook HC2 - 2 x T55 engines 3,750 hp each!! 183mph, 2xM134 Miniguns, 1xM60 Machinegun Very Happy
01-05-2012 11:15am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
simonc6875

Where would I stand then, have payed deposit for SD4 dynamic in the end of march. But not back to dealer till June/July to confirm order. Will I be the the increased price with deposit being already paid or since order not in to production yet I will given the increased price ?

With the increased price, are they adding anything to the specification of the evoque or just on a money grabbing exercise ?
(This post was last modified: 01-05-2012 02:00pm by simonc6875.)
01-05-2012 12:36pm
PhilSkill

(01-05-2012 12:36pm)simonc6875 Wrote:  Where would I stand then, have payed deposit for SD4 dynamic in the end of march. But not back to dealer till June/July to confirm order. Will I be the the increased price with deposit being already paid or since order not in to production yet I will given the increased price ?

With the increased price, are they adding anything to the specification of the evoque or just on a money grabbing exercise ?

Confirm your order to be sure on price, that's when you get the paperwork and contract done, up to then it's just an intent to place an order...

This will likely be an adjustment now they know exactly how much the Evoque costs to produce in mass units, and may be due to rising component prices.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
01-05-2012 02:48pm
Donny Dog

(01-05-2012 02:48pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  This will likely be an adjustment now they know exactly how much the Evoque costs to produce in mass units, and may be due to rising component prices.

Or you might take the more cynical view that they have found out just how much demand there is............Wink
01-05-2012 03:18pm
PhilSkill

(01-05-2012 03:18pm)Donny Dog Wrote:  Or you might take the more cynical view that they have found out just how much demand there is............Wink

At least you can't call me a cynic... Laughing

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
01-05-2012 03:21pm
SimonS

The prices on the online configurator have now changed to reflect the increase.

My dealer has said that any price is set when the order is placed. Given the current backlog, this is effectively a November/December price rise rather than now.
01-05-2012 03:22pm
RacingSnake

(01-05-2012 03:22pm)SimonS Wrote:  My dealer has said that any price is set when the order is placed.
Call me a cynic, but get that in writing.
ping him and email 'confirming' the price you have agreed on.

I was told I'd get a full tank of fuel and an LRE voucher, I got a 3rd of a tank, and thats it. I questioned it and he said "thats all we're allowed to do".
Might only be minor, but from a trust perspective I did feel a little let down.... I even sent them a separate mail expressing my disappointment at the overall handover experience. Didn't even get a response for that.

So... get it in writing. Shocked

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
01-05-2012 03:38pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Donny Dog

(01-05-2012 03:38pm)RacingSnake Wrote:  I was told I'd get a full tank of fuel and an LRE voucher, I got a 3rd of a tank, and thats it. I questioned it and he said "thats all we're allowed to do".
Might only be minor, but from a trust perspective I did feel a little let down.... I even sent them a separate mail expressing my disappointment at the overall handover experience. Didn't even get a response for that.

Same for me, initially, but I followed up with a second really critical e-mail (with a copy of the LR Guidance document which recommends dealers provide a full tank attached) and copied it far and wide. The Dealer Principal invited me in for a chat for over an hour and discussed my concerns, and agreed that I could submit a receipt for a FULL tank of fuel, and also ordered me a free jack and wheel brace (which I'd wanted) as a further goodwill gesture.

(01-05-2012 03:38pm)RacingSnake Wrote:  Reference your avatar.

Amazingly, it's only just struck me what your avatar is! Previously, I thought it was a panther!!Embarrassed
(This post was last modified: 01-05-2012 04:13pm by Donny Dog.)
01-05-2012 04:09pm
RacingSnake

(01-05-2012 04:09pm)Donny Dog Wrote:  Amazingly, it's only just struck me what your avatar is! Previously, I thought it was a panther!!Embarrassed
LOL, 'tis my own photo too Cool

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
01-05-2012 05:11pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
J77

(01-05-2012 10:13am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Normally LR will quietly start phasing in the next year's MY from August/September, those ordering less popular versions/ colours getting cars that are run out stock in the previous year's spec BUT with every Evoque being built to order (either a customer order or for dealership stick as they are no built on "spec") I wouldn't expect to see 2013MY cars coming down the line until late September or October. With Evqoue still being less than 12 months old I doubt that there will be many changes for 2013 anyway - the car is still selling too well to need any incentives to get people to have the latest upgrades

I think 2014 we may see some tweaks. As the evoque is light years ahead in terms of design I don't think it will be to drastic.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
01-05-2012 05:19pm