Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Prestige or Dynamic
Rxa

RE: Prestige or Dynamic

I was in a similar dilemma when ordering my Evoque back in July. I really like the look of the Dynamic bumpers and de-chromed exterior, but I wanted the tan interior. I decided to go for the Prestige instead as the interior felt more luxurious with the soft oxford leather. You end up spending more of your time inside than looking at the car from the outside. I also ordered the Style 7 chrome shadow wheels which are the same designed as the Style 6 which are standard on the Dynamic.

Evoque Prestige Lux Sd4 - Santorini Black/ Spirit Tan interior/ Style 7 Shadow Chrome wheels - ordered July 2012, delivered November 2012
1986 Range Rover 3.5 v8 in Dhaka, Bangladesh
14-01-2013 09:26pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Chunk

IMO I prefer the look of the dynamic and the quality of the leather in the prestige so I decided to splash out on the dynamic plus seats/Oxford leather. The dash and door cards get the Oxford treatment aswell and the chairs are just so comfy and everyone who has a look round loves the seats! They are worth the extra cash to have that extra sporty feel and look to go with the dynamic exterior. Adaptive dynamics adds a lot to the quality of the ride and you shouldn't buy one without it.

Exciting times ahead for you I think as you decide what to do!

Ordered Feb 2012 - Orkney grey 5dr Dynamic SD4 Automatic. Lux pack, Dynamic plus Pack (velocity ebony leather) ebony headliner and gloss black finishers. Shadow chrome style 7s, heated steering wheel and a spare wheel just in case! Build date 6/7/12 delivery date 23/7/12. Built 3/7 pick up 14/7!!!!!
14-01-2013 09:49pm
Trapdoor

(14-01-2013 09:49pm)Chunk Wrote:  IMO I prefer the look of the dynamic and the quality of the leather in the prestige so I decided to splash out on the dynamic plus seats/Oxford leather. The dash and door cards get the Oxford treatment aswell and the chairs are just so comfy and everyone who has a look round loves the seats! They are worth the extra cash to have that extra sporty feel and look to go with the dynamic exterior. Adaptive dynamics adds a lot to the quality of the ride and you shouldn't buy one without it.

Exciting times ahead for you I think as you decide what to do!

Can you tell me whether you get the Dynamic Perforated Steering Wheel or the Prestige plain Oxford leather one? And is the Dash finisher the knobbly textured one or the standard brushed version a-la Prestige?

Def. exciting times, but to be honest I hate the new car ordering process as I'm never sure I've done he right thing. This is the reason I always order the highest spec I can as I can never regret leaving something off... See, in my X3, I always subsequently regretted not ordering the stupidly expensive electric memory seats, and came to hate the interior colour I chose, though at the time it seemed a good choice. I always regretted not ordering Ivory leather instead of the grey/blue which seemed a good choice with the Bluewater metallic. I want to make sure I get this 100% right as its probably the most expensive car I've ever bought.

Had: 2013 Prestige Auto Lux
Have: MY17 Autobiography in Waitomo Grey with Ivory/Espresso interior, HUD, Adaptive Cruise, Adaptive Dynamics, Dynamic Driveline, Wading, Massage Seats. Delivered 17/09/16
14-01-2013 09:57pm
Chunk

Steering wheel = At the 1/4 to 3 position there is a section which is slightly perforated, the rest of the wheel is plain Oxford leather (just nipped out to check!)

The dash finisher in mine is the gloss back strata (with the plus pack) and the centre console is the nicer brushed aluminium finish. Have you seen/tried the plus seats yet? Well worth it!!!

Yeah I know what you mean, I pretty much specced everything on mine, it's easier to tell my mates the boxes I didn't tick.

Ordered Feb 2012 - Orkney grey 5dr Dynamic SD4 Automatic. Lux pack, Dynamic plus Pack (velocity ebony leather) ebony headliner and gloss black finishers. Shadow chrome style 7s, heated steering wheel and a spare wheel just in case! Build date 6/7/12 delivery date 23/7/12. Built 3/7 pick up 14/7!!!!!
14-01-2013 10:06pm
Trapdoor

Hi Chunk,

Oh, thanks for going and checking, much appreciated. So the whole wheel isn't perforated then, which is a relief. Sounds like its the 'grippy' bits that are, presumably to get a more sporty grip on the wheel?

I'd thought about spec'ing the gloss black strata, but thought £200 was a bit steep for a fairly small bit of trim. I haven't tried the Plus seats, these IIRC are the sports seats with the sort of 'wings'? I was looking to get the Premium seats which are the same (almost) as in the Prestige.

Having a small debate with the Mrs about this whole thing ... Her view is that you drive the car from the inside, and the outside is somewhat immaterial, but with something as cool as the Evoque, looks have to come into it as well.

Had: 2013 Prestige Auto Lux
Have: MY17 Autobiography in Waitomo Grey with Ivory/Espresso interior, HUD, Adaptive Cruise, Adaptive Dynamics, Dynamic Driveline, Wading, Massage Seats. Delivered 17/09/16
14-01-2013 10:38pm
Chunk

Your welcome, the evoque is sat on the drive so not far to check. Yeah as you say the 'grippy' bits which do feel good when driving. Make sure you spec the heated steering wheel, I wouldn't go without one again and defo £180 well spent.

The 1 piece sport seats are the ones I have, and the premium dynamic seats are exactly the same as the prestige ones. I like how the sports seats are not too extreme but compliment the sportier nature of the dynamic. Plus you feel like you are getting something for your £3000! Lol

Yeah it's a tough one, but surely the outside needs to look good aswell!?

14-01-2013 10:48pm
Evo-king

Chunk is right the whole wheel is not perforated.

I'm biased and would say Dynamic wouldn't I, but remember one thing, the Aeroflip on the spoiler is now an optional extra!!

Best of luck with your choice, in the end I caved in and my Mrs got her way in every decision regarding colour and spec apart from one item, she didn't get shadow chrome alloys.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
14-01-2013 10:49pm
Lachlan

I went dynamic, but only because AD is not available on the Prestige in the US. Had it been, I'd have the prestige with 'spirit' interior in a heartbeat!
14-01-2013 11:59pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

I have a Dynamic Plus, the seats are well worth the extra and you get more adjustment than the standard seats, only drawback is you cannot spec rear seat entertainment with the Plus Pack if that is important to you/ rear seat passengers. I also have the textured aluminium finisher across the dash as I preferred that to the strata gloss and it goes nicely with the centre console brushed aluminium trim

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 15-01-2013 10:09am by XFullFatTim.)
15-01-2013 10:08am
PhilSkill

I really like the standard Dynamic seats (perforated leather) and they are wearing extreemly well too. When I drove a 25000 mile LRE Prestige the Oxford leather looked a bit worn and baggy, ok they have a hard life in that environment, but getting back into my Dynamic felt like a big step up! Can't comment on the Plus seats as only seen them once at the live show, they looked damn good though.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
15-01-2013 10:48am