Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Prestige : Ordered 21 Jun 2011 : Build Completion 08 Dec 2011
physik

Prestige : Ordered 21 Jun 2011 : Build Completion 08 Dec 2011

Has anybody else ordered a Prestige (5-Door) somewhere around the 21 Jun 2011 and if so then please could you tell me your build / registration / delivery dates ?

I realise that there have been some tricky issues for dealers recently, but I have been totally unimpressed by the lack of communication & transparency from mine and they only thing they are good at is finding reasons to fob me off ! I have been pestering them weekly for a build date every since I placed my order on 21 Jun 2011 and they have always said it would be in October, but today they finally emailed back to say the build completion date was 08 Dec 2011.

If somebody else who ordered around the same date has a better build date, then I would be very interested to hear so that I can put some pressure on them !

Cheers.
26-07-2011 10:43pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
gmaker

RE: Prestige : Ordered 21 Jun 2011 : Build Completion 08 Dec 2011

Don't be too surprised by the lack of service.

I placed my deposit in July last year, then in May put together a provisional spec, expressing the fact that it was provisional and I wanted the opportunity to change it, then submitted an offical order in June, again explicitly asking to be told before the order was locked in, in case I wanted to change anything.....

guess what, I hear nothing for a few weeks, decide to chase as I was thinking of changing from white to grey, only to be told that the order was now locked in and no changes could be made!!!

This is my first Range Rover (if indeed I take delivery as I'm concerened about the size with a baby and a dog to accomodate) and think that the way the launch has been handled and drawn out over a rediculous period of time is a bit of a joke. Always had Audis and BMW's before, including new impact models like the TT and think they have handled car launches much better than RR.

However, all said and done, I'm going to the York event next week and as long as it proves big enough, I still think the car will be amazing to own. As they said in Topgear, the Evoque is a 'I want one of those' purchase, much like an ipad, pod or phone - if not a bit more money!!
26-07-2011 11:45pm
Grah

I ordered and paid deposit on 4 June, and got a build date for a SD4 prestige of mid-November, so you're not your that far out.
31-07-2011 09:53am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Unlike Audi/BMW/Mercedes/VW don't forget LR doesn't have a lot of experience of launching new models - 2005 was the last entirely new model launch they had - everybody else seems to generate new models every week - you are lucky if LR does one every 5 years........ and often it is every 10! RRS suffered the same prolonged birth and those of us who have been supporting LR for a long time are quite used to long gestation periods.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 31-07-2011 10:27am by XFullFatTim.)
31-07-2011 10:25am