Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Possible purchase advice needed
Markdickinson

So as some of you may know I have been looking for a dynamic for a few weeks. One has come up which ticks a lot of boxes except it does not have a panoramic roof I am confused as to whether I should discount this car or not. The car is a white dynamic 63 plate with sub 30k miles for £32k. I have also been told that it has no road tax which I find hard to take from a Land Rover garage !!

All opinions welcome
06-05-2015 02:39pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
recordman

RE: Possible purchase advice needed

Only you can decide whether you can live without the pano roof or not. It might depend on the interior colour. Some say black is very dark inside, especially if a black headlining has been specced and a PR adds plenty of light. Also, without a PR the sound of rain on the roof is very noticeable. You had better go and find one with a PR otherwise you will regret it!

No car comes with Road Tax these days. A new owner has to buy it upon taking possession of the car. The previous owner will have been repaid by DVLA for any unused whole months.

2013 SD4 Prestige auto/5dr/OG/Fuji pano roof
06-05-2015 02:52pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

My new RRS came ready taxed, the dealership looked after it. I've been waiting for the 10 months refund I'm due from DVLA for the car I notified them that I had sold since the end of March.................

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 06-05-2015 03:07pm by XFullFatTim.)
06-05-2015 03:05pm
Kojak

The RRS was new though right?

Recordman is right, its no longer an option for to dealers to sell with a remainder of road tax.

Regarding the pano roof.....
If it is something that is high on your tick sheet of options you will not be completely happy.
If it is a way down that list and the car ticks all the other boxes then you'd likely get used to the idea of not having it very quickly.
I have opted not to bother twice and I have never sat in it thinking I wish I'd specc'd it in.

OUT - Pure SD4, Orkney Grey, 5 dr, Manual, Fogs, Xenons, Auto dim mirror, Auto lights / wipers, Power fold mirrors, spare wheel.
IN - Dynamic SD4, Indus Silver, 5 dr, Auto, Heated Steering Wheel, Auto Dim mirror, Spare wheel.
06-05-2015 03:48pm
Markdickinson

I think it is a very nice extra to have and obviously if I'm paying so much should I hold out. It does appear to be good value compared with similar cars
06-05-2015 05:38pm
PhilSkill

With second hand cars, The problem is the change in the DVLA, in that if a new owner is recorded the tax is automatically refunded to the previous owner, (assumingly as I'm also awaiting a tax refund of a considerable sum, (nearly a whole year's worth) from my Mazda which I sold a few weeks ago)

The Dealer could probably tax it for you, but you'd still have to pay for it, I bet! And you can just do it online.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
06-05-2015 05:47pm
Stadt Panzer

Just had my refund, only took 2 months!

Somewhere in the North Sea.
06-05-2015 06:20pm
Markdickinson

Well decided not to purchase that car and have seen a white dynamic 13 reg 16k miles for £31000 it has pano roof and red and black seats which wouldn't be my first choice. I am close to putting s deposit down is there anything I should push for to thrown in??
08-05-2015 07:47pm
bee

(08-05-2015 07:47pm)Markdickinson Wrote:  Well decided not to purchase that car and have seen a white dynamic 13 reg 16k miles for £31000 it has pano roof and red and black seats which wouldn't be my first choice. I am close to putting s deposit down is there anything I should push for to thrown in??

spare wheel n jack, mats n boot rubber mat I would try for. they will prob nick them from another of their cars.

2013 auto sicillian yellow special edition. with all the goodies supplied with this model.
08-05-2015 10:27pm
gjd10002

(06-05-2015 02:39pm)Markdickinson Wrote:  So as some of you may know I have been looking for a dynamic for a few weeks. One has come up which ticks a lot of boxes except it does not have a panoramic roof I am confused as to whether I should discount this car or not. The car is a white dynamic 63 plate with sub 30k miles for £32k. I have also been told that it has no road tax which I find hard to take from a Land Rover garage !!

All opinions welcome

I've had two Evoques now, both with the Pano Roof. I tried to sell the first one to an independent trader and found out two useful things from him

1. Auto box is essential for resale (which mine didn't have)
2. So is Pano Roof (which mine did have)

So yes I think it should be cheaper than an equivalent car which did have it. One of the few options that does affect used price. You could look up the new price of the option and take, say, 75% off the price and make the dealer an offer.

Having had two Evoques with pano roof now, as a driver you don't actually notice it when you are inside the car, but rear seat passengers love it

With respect to road find licence, I wonder whether it is due to the fact in some way, that there are no tax discs around now and the purchasing of car tax is more easy on line?

With respect to price. I got £29K trade in for my 6 month old 4000 mile 5dr Pure Tech with Pano Roof and other extras, I year ago. I paid £37 for my new 9 speed auto 5dr Pure Tech with Pano Roof, Xenons and other extras at the same time if that helps. There is a big price hike from Pure Tech to Dynamic though.....

I hope this helps a bit!

Gary
09-05-2015 10:08am