Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Pirelli problems
Westy

Pirelli problems

Gutted was hoping to get to 70,000 miles out of the front tyres, have got to 65000 and hit 2mm

Joking aside these tyres have been great, good news the lease company also authorised replacement with the same me tyres.

Great news as I have found them to be great tyres, please see before and after, it seems the new verde all seasons versions have been improved. Very HappyLaughing

One of the happy owners, ordered June 2011, delivered Wednesday 8th February 2012, now 97000 miles. Scorpions lasted 78'000 miles.

Pure TD4 5 door, fuji white, ebony interior, Pan roof, Front fogs, spare wheel, privacy glass, towbar and black roofrails.

Cars got to go back to company March 25th 2015 Sad
11-02-2014 09:35pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kah

RE: Pirelli problems

(11-02-2014 09:35pm)Westy Wrote:  Gutted was hoping to get to 70,000 miles out of the front tyres, have got to 65000 and hit 2mm

Joking aside these tyres have been great, good news the lease company also authorised replacement with the same me tyres.

Great news as I have found them to be great tyres, please see before and after, it seems the new verde all seasons versions have been improved. Very HappyLaughing

65000 wow
I'm in the money we only do 6000 a year
This baby RR gets better and better I'm use to replacing bmw tyres every 12/14000 miles
So glad the wife choose this vehicle . I think she's just done over a hundred in it so far,
I will tell her it's ok you can do a few more.
Very Happy
12-02-2014 02:28pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Kay, don't get your hopes up too soon, plenty of people have been struggling to get 20000 miles out of a set of front tyres. Have to agree with Westy though my previous cars that have been shod with Pirellis as OEM supply have always done good mileage unless I've trashed one on a pot hole or offroad

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
12-02-2014 02:56pm
KaDargo

(12-02-2014 02:56pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Kay, don't get your hopes up too soon, plenty of people have been struggling to get 20000 miles out of a set of front tyres. Have to agree with Westy though my previous cars that have been shod with Pirellis as OEM supply have always done good mileage unless I've trashed one on a pot hole or offroad

Currently ay 21.000 miles with 6mm all round (Michelins), so expecting considerably more.

Thinking of trying Pirelli Verde all weather next, as they now do 20" size - are they any good?

SD4 Prestige, Mauritius, Element, Cirrus Headlining, Pana Roof, Park Assist, Heated Steering Wheel,Blind Spot monitor, 20" Alloys, Powered Tailgate
12-02-2014 06:03pm
Westy

(12-02-2014 06:03pm)KaDargo Wrote:  Currently ay 21.000 miles with 6mm all round (Michelins), so expecting considerably more.

Thinking of trying Pirelli Verde all weather next, as they now do 20" size - are they any good?

Probably the best tyres I have ever had in many years of business driving, excellent grip in all weathers, sand, snow, rain and motorway speed.

I think its a testament to the cars suspension and tyre relationship

See before

One of the happy owners, ordered June 2011, delivered Wednesday 8th February 2012, now 97000 miles. Scorpions lasted 78'000 miles.

Pure TD4 5 door, fuji white, ebony interior, Pan roof, Front fogs, spare wheel, privacy glass, towbar and black roofrails.

Cars got to go back to company March 25th 2015 Sad
12-02-2014 10:14pm
m_101

HOW
do you people get this sort of mileage!
I'm at 20k with contis and down to 2mm going to need to replace the fronts soon... although still got 5-6mm on the rears.
So jealous!

5 door MY12 Fuji Dynamic Plus with shadow chromes, santorini contrast roof, power tailgate and a couple of added rattles!
Mods - Black RR bonnet vents, Side steps, Silicone rear wiper, rear sill protector, rear sill plates, LED interior lighting conversion, 2014 Sat Nav update.
12-02-2014 10:57pm
speary

(12-02-2014 10:57pm)m_101 Wrote:  HOW
do you people get this sort of mileage!
I'm at 20k with contis and down to 2mm going to need to replace the fronts soon... although still got 5-6mm on the rears.
So jealous!
One contributing factor to accelerated tyre wear is entering bends too fast and then decelerating mid bend. This uses the tyres grip to scrub off speed, it also upsets the balance of the vehicle. Get the speed for the bend correct before entering, maintain a balanced throttle (don't let the car slow or speed up) during the bend and then accelerate away when you can see the road opening up
Also how about not sticking the car on its nose when stopping or slowing for hazards ie traffic lights, queues or traffic etc. React sooner by using observation and anticipation, you can then just come off the accelerator and possibly not even have to use the brakes. All this stops you loading the front tyres and thus reduces wear on tyres and brakes
My tyre wear after 29000 miles. Fronts 4mm left. Rears 5mm left. The big difference between your front and rear wear tends to suggest you may be driving in a similar way to my reasons above.. If this is not the case I apologise and don't mean to cause offence.

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
13-02-2014 09:46am