Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Pictures of door that is"out of sync"
Inges

Hi,

I recently got myself a Range Rover Evoque Prestige, but on the second day I noticed something when driving in the mirror. This has most likely been like this since the car came from the factory or during transport. I reported it on the phone, and stopped by the dealer later the same day to take photos of the door, so they could send the pictures over to Land Rover in UK, and then they requested some more pictures of the door, and since then I haven't heard anything about what they are going to do with the door.

I have been on the phone with them daily, but they still haven't heard anything from LR in UK. Is it normal that LR spends weeks before replying and trying to figure out what they will do about this ?

And do you guys have any idea on what might be wrong with he door here? To me it seems like they need to replace the entire door.

Regards,

Inge

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Collected: 15.06.2012
Prestige TD4 Santorini Black, Manual, Dyn & Prestige Tech Pack, 825W Sound System, Surround Camera System, Privacy Glass, Adp. Bi-Xenon, Panoramic Roof, Cherry/Ivory

[Image: 166903.png]
11-07-2012 11:09pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ytshome

RE: Pictures of door that is"out of sync"

Seems strange to me. I don't suppose that you have any wind noise at speed do you because it seems that the door is a feww millis out of plumb.
(11-07-2012 11:12pm)ytshome Wrote:  Seems strange to me. I don't suppose that you have any wind noise at speed do you? because it seems that the door is a feww millis out of plumb.

Arrived. Prestige SD4 Auto 5DR OG September 11
(This post was last modified: 11-07-2012 11:13pm by ytshome.)
11-07-2012 11:12pm
doug

I'm no expert on doors, but your first two pictures look like it's the bonnet that needs adjusting lower.
Good luck with your answer from LR.

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
11-07-2012 11:22pm
Inges

(11-07-2012 11:22pm)doug Wrote:  I'm no expert on doors, but your first two pictures look like it's the bonnet that needs adjusting lower.
Good luck with your answer from LR.

Same problem between the driver side door and the passenger door. Can take some pictures of that tomorrow, and everything is a perfect match on on the passenger side.

/Inge

(11-07-2012 11:12pm)ytshome Wrote:  Seems strange to me. I don't suppose that you have any wind noise at speed do you because it seems that the door is a feww millis out of plumb.

Hmm can't really say I have heard any wind noise, but the demo car I tried had less noice in the car, at least it felt like that. But I will see if I can get a hold of an demo car and compare.

/Inge

Prestige TD4 Santorini Black, Manual, Dyn & Prestige Tech Pack, 825W Sound System, Surround Camera System, Privacy Glass, Adp. Bi-Xenon, Panoramic Roof, Cherry/Ivory

(This post was last modified: 11-07-2012 11:31pm by Inges.)
11-07-2012 11:28pm
Neo

Geez, it does look like its not aligned properly, not sure how it will be resolved though?

SD4 Dynamic, Fuji white 5 door
Pano roof, Adaptive Dynamics, style 7 wheels, auto tailgate, reverse camera, rear vents

Ordered: April 2012 | Built: June 2012 | Delivered: 14 August 2012
12-07-2012 06:24am
Inges

(12-07-2012 06:24am)Neo Wrote:  Geez, it does look like its not aligned properly, not sure how it will be resolved though?

Me neither, so it's gonna be interesting to see how they solve this.

12-07-2012 09:05am
tetstb

Its a feature they'll tell you. I've at last found a garage, non Land Rover I might add, that fixed my rattles and also my drivers door was dropping which they fixed too. Now I have a rattle free Evoque despite 9 visits to two LR dealers.

Might just keep it now that its actually nice and quiet

Cheers

Bob

SD4 Auto Dynamic OG , Verve, Panoramic Roof, Chrome Shadow, 825w audio, Park Assist, Privacy Glass.

[Image: 123130.png]
12-07-2012 12:22pm
xxxx5

I had the same issue, JLR needed to come to my dealers with a speacil jig and tool to realign. Got to say yours isnt the worse I have seen!!

Now Sold: 5dr Pure SD4 Man / Fuji White / Pano Roof / Tech Park / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Xenons / Black H'lining / Power Fold Door Mirrors / Power Tailgate / Carpet Mats / Front Fogs.
12-07-2012 01:07pm
Inges

(12-07-2012 01:07pm)xxxx5 Wrote:  I had the same issue, JLR needed to come to my dealers with a speacil jig and tool to realign. Got to say yours isnt the worse I have seen!!

Okay,

good to hear that others have had this issue as well, but JLR are located with the right equipment in UK, compared to here in Norway, but hopefully they will fix this one way or another. But did you get more wind noice when driving before they fixed it?

12-07-2012 03:57pm
xxxx5

I didn't notice any difference with win noise, before or after the fix. Hope you get it sorted soon.

Now Sold: 5dr Pure SD4 Man / Fuji White / Pano Roof / Tech Park / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Xenons / Black H'lining / Power Fold Door Mirrors / Power Tailgate / Carpet Mats / Front Fogs.
12-07-2012 08:28pm