Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Pictures of door that is"out of sync"
Inges

RE: Pictures of door that is"out of sync"

Just a little update here: They have finally decided to change the entire door, so a new door is being shipped from JLR. Not sure when it arrives, but they need too paint the door, and also add Permashine on the door as well.

Collected: 15.06.2012
Prestige TD4 Santorini Black, Manual, Dyn & Prestige Tech Pack, 825W Sound System, Surround Camera System, Privacy Glass, Adp. Bi-Xenon, Panoramic Roof, Cherry/Ivory

[Image: 166903.png]
13-09-2012 07:43pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Inges

Just another update about the issue with the door. I'm still waiting for a replacement door, and I have called the dealer at least once a week if they have heard anything about the door, but still nothing. Can't really say I'm impressed with the service I have gotten so far, and this is my first car from Range Rover and a luxury brand. My old car was VW Passat and the service I got from them wasn't really that good, I just hope that JLR will be better in the long run, but so far I'm not impressed, gone nearly 4 months now since I was at the dealer the first time with the door.

Prestige TD4 Santorini Black, Manual, Dyn & Prestige Tech Pack, 825W Sound System, Surround Camera System, Privacy Glass, Adp. Bi-Xenon, Panoramic Roof, Cherry/Ivory

02-10-2012 10:50pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Inges, ask Nick at Land Rover for guidance. She will ask for some info from you like the name of the dealer, VIN etc in a PM. She will endeavour (bear in my she works for LR's UK Customer services, not overseas) to get things moving for you

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
03-10-2012 09:16am
Inges

(03-10-2012 09:16am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Inges, ask Nick at Land Rover for guidance. She will ask for some info from you like the name of the dealer, VIN etc in a PM. She will endeavour (bear in my she works for LR's UK Customer services, not overseas) to get things moving for you

I came to think about that just after I posted the message here, so I have allready done that. Smile She asked for some information regarding the dealer etc, so maybe she will get some things going. Smile

Thanks XFullFatTim. Smile

03-10-2012 11:28am
Inges

Just an update, got a phone call from the dealer today that a person from JLR in England are flying over tomorrow too take a look at my car and another car here in Norway, so hopefully he will have some answers regarding the door, and what they are going to do with it.

I dropped off my car today, so now I'm driving around in a red Evoque Coupe. Smile

04-10-2012 10:29pm
Inges

Just an update: I was promised an update this week regarding the issue with the door, but I still haven't heard anything from JLR in Norway or the dealer as promised. So it seems like they haven't heard anything from JLR in England or JLR in Norway haven't taken the time too call the dealer on what they are planning on doing with the door on my car. Getting kinda fed up with this now, I have been waiting for nearly 5 months now since I reported in the problem with the door.

I hope the service in England ain't as bad as it is in Norway.

12-10-2012 11:43pm
Firenze

Mine had a simular problem where I noticed in the mirror the door didnt align but my dealer just loosened the screw at the back of the silver trim and moved it slightly and retightened, its now perfect. The screw is at the door handle end on the inside, obviously dont want to make light of your problem but is this something you have looked into?

Firenze Dynamic Si4, Pano roof, Verve, Ebony headliner, Black Strata, Privacy glass, Lux Pack - Enjoying since 7/3/12
18-10-2012 08:51am
Inges

They have done more or less everything with the door, and it just slides back out again after I have opened or closed the door a few times. So the entire door is being replaced as we speak at the dealer now. Hopefully I have will have the car back next week. Smile

07-11-2012 06:54pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Just check they don't give you a white door as a replacement................ Wink

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 07-11-2012 07:02pm by XFullFatTim.)
07-11-2012 07:02pm
Inges

(07-11-2012 07:02pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Just check they don't give you a white door as a replacement................ Wink

haha, you never know what these guys finds out. Smile But hopefully the door is Santorini Black. Smile

07-11-2012 07:59pm