Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Pictures of door that is"out of sync"
WB
WB

RE: Pictures of door that is"out of sync"

Let us know how you get on - I have similar but not exact panel alignment issues and my car is going in next week. Your first pic looks a bit like an issue I have but its actually the bonnet that is out of alignment not the door - so may be worth taking a closer look at your bonnet.
12-07-2012 08:33pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Inges

(12-07-2012 08:33pm)WB Wrote:  Let us know how you get on - I have similar but not exact panel alignment issues and my car is going in next week. Your first pic looks a bit like an issue I have but its actually the bonnet that is out of alignment not the door - so may be worth taking a closer look at your bonnet.

Okay, but are your bonnet out of alignment on both sides? On the passenger side there are no problem with the alignment.
But if you look the picture taken from the chrome list below the window, that's not normal either. And the door is not aligned with the passenger door by a few inches, just like we see on the picture from the side of the bonnet.

But I will keep you guys informed on the progress here.

Collected: 15.06.2012
Prestige TD4 Santorini Black, Manual, Dyn & Prestige Tech Pack, 825W Sound System, Surround Camera System, Privacy Glass, Adp. Bi-Xenon, Panoramic Roof, Cherry/Ivory

[Image: 166903.png]
12-07-2012 11:26pm
invoke

Looks like its a Friday car, or perhaps imported from China.... (Not surprising many of the evoque components are manufactured in China... )

Go Luck!!

Black/Black Dynamic (with missing dynamic button), 4dr and a tailgate, stadium seats with butt warmer, extra large moon roof for kids clustrophobia, velcro surface card board floor mats, factory installed humming accessory and the famous "Wind noise-rattle package".
14-07-2012 03:54am
Jonathon555

Just had to have my passenger door adjusted by the dealer.

It was not flush with the rest of the car, so they adjusted the striker bar

It now 99% better , took 10 mins to do

SD4 Arrived, Fuji , 20" style wheels, Privacy glass, Front fogs, Auto wiper and Auto Lights, Black leather

MY Nuburburing & Track Videos http://www.youtube.com/user/jonathon555?...sults_main
17-07-2012 09:04pm
THEMACS

ours is exactly the same as in your first pic, but i think thats how it is supposed to be, its the bonnet not the door, i think its just shoddy design and i reckon they are all like that

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige, Manual SD4, Vibe Interior, Panoramic Roof and Privacy Glass. Order Placed 2/7/11 Picked Up 17/3/12, Gone 10/5/14
17-07-2012 10:45pm
Neo

Re: Pictures of door that is"out of sync"

The first two photos, i have physically inspected other cars and with photos on the internet, they are like designed like that. The last two photos of the doors doesnt look right to me, definately not aligned.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

SD4 Dynamic, Fuji white 5 door
Pano roof, Adaptive Dynamics, style 7 wheels, auto tailgate, reverse camera, rear vents

Ordered: April 2012 | Built: June 2012 | Delivered: 14 August 2012
17-07-2012 11:04pm
Inges

I have checked with other Evoque's at the dealer and none of them are like how my door are aligned to the bonnet, and on the other side everything is aligned, so we'll just have to wait and see. Still haven't heard a word from the dealer / JLR about this issue yet. My car arrived late in February of 2012, so if the other cars with this issue was built around the same date, there could have been a issue with one of the machines at Halewood factory at that time or something, not sure though, but seems like it, cause none of the other Evoque's I have checked out dosen't have this issue.

Prestige TD4 Santorini Black, Manual, Dyn & Prestige Tech Pack, 825W Sound System, Surround Camera System, Privacy Glass, Adp. Bi-Xenon, Panoramic Roof, Cherry/Ivory

(This post was last modified: 18-07-2012 01:44am by Inges.)
18-07-2012 01:41am
Inges

Just an update: I will drop my car at the dealer tomorrow. They will switch doors from another Evoque they have and see if it fits then. JLR said they have never seen this kinda issue before. So I will be driving around in a RRS tomorrow. But I hope they will figure this out ASAP. Been waiting for over 4 weeks now.

I have also noticed that my steering wheel ain't correctly aligned. so I gotta keep the steering wheel slightly too the left to keep the car straight.

18-07-2012 07:46pm
Inges

Been at the dealer today and dropped of the car. And while I was there I checked out another Evoque that came of the assembly line at the same time. (Late January, Early February) it had the same problem as mine with the door being out of alignment. So if your car was built around that date, check your passenger side door in UK and other countries with right hand driving, all other countries check your driver side door.

I also took a look at another Evoque that was built later and it didn't have the problem with the alignment of the door, but it had a later built date than my car and the other Evoque I checked out.

My car was dispatched: 03 Feb 2012

(This post was last modified: 19-07-2012 10:44am by Inges.)
19-07-2012 10:43am
Inges

Update: Picked up my car from the dealer again today, still no change on the door. So they will have a another conversation with JLR in UK about this, but they will most likely replace the entire door. But I guess I have too wait for like 3 or 4 months for that or something.....

20-07-2012 04:42pm