Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Picked it up yesterday..!
SiT

Picked it up yesterday..!

Had a really smooth pickup from the dealership yesterday and they have been great to be honest.

I'm really happy with it and the wife loves it. It’s such a good drive that sometimes you don't feel the size and mass of it. Did around 50 miles after pickup around some A roads and through the town etc and hovering around 35.1 mpg which for an auto and no miles on the engine is great compared to my S3. The tech is good and easy to use and although never went for the 825watt Meridian it still sounds way better than Bose i was used to. It’s an Orkney Grey SD4 5 door Prestige with pan roof, black leather, black headlining and privacy glass.

How do you post a pictures and i'll pop a couple on..?
09-03-2012 09:23pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
fenn05

RE: Picked it up yesterday..!

(09-03-2012 09:23pm)SiT Wrote:  Had a really smooth pickup from the dealership yesterday and they have been great to be honest.

I'm really happy with it and the wife loves it. It’s such a good drive that sometimes you don't feel the size and mass of it. Did around 50 miles after pickup around some A roads and through the town etc and hovering around 35.1 mpg which for an auto and no miles on the engine is great compared to my S3. The tech is good and easy to use and although never went for the 825watt Meridian it still sounds way better than Bose i was used to. It’s an Orkney Grey SD4 5 door Prestige with pan roof, black leather, black headlining and privacy glass.

please do put pics up as many as poss. i would be interested in seeing as im looking at ordering a similiar spec. Not sure how to add pics yet.The only way i can think off is if you go to post a reply then at the top there are little icons and one is for "Insert Image" Maybe try that? Also just noticed there is an attachment button when you click post reply. guess this might work
09-03-2012 10:15pm
SiT

Thanks Fenn05, i think its a great combo but i would..! i tried what you suggested but it wouldn't work, hopefully someone will be along and tell me how to do it.

S
09-03-2012 11:28pm
Craig_d1

An attachment can't be more than 500mb I think. I used to get the photo's I wanted and then e-mail them to myself making sure that they were shrunk so that each photo was less than 500 mb. Then I'd save them into a file on my pc and use the attach file button below. They'd load up ok after that. Others have set up flickr a/c and just added the link.
Congrats on the car!
09-03-2012 11:43pm
simonc

Easiest way is to upload the pictures to a website like photobucket (basic accounts are free). Then when you click on insert image on a reply here on this site you can copy the url link to the photobucket address and the images will be displayed in your post here. Make sure you are using the full reply (either click Reply under a specific post or click New Reply at the bottom of the thread) rather than trying to use the Quick Reply box, which is just intended for text-based replies - otherwise you won't see the Insert Image button.

Dynamic Si4 5dr Orkney Grey, Black Pano, Vortex + Ebony, Keyless Entry, Spare Wheel
Collected 12th March 2012
09-03-2012 11:58pm
lngrn36

(09-03-2012 09:23pm)SiT Wrote:  Had a really smooth pickup from the dealership yesterday and they have been great to be honest.

If you have an iPhone there is a photobucket app that makes it really easy!

Tim
Evoque Coupe Pure+
SI4 - Auto
Sumatra Black - Ebony/Ebony
Climate package
Satellite Radio
10-03-2012 12:00am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

You can insert photos in the quick reply just by copying the photobucket IMG code and pasting it direct into the reply, no need to click any attachment or insert picture icons. If you click on the code in photobucket (and many of the other photosharing websites are the same) it is automatically copied to your clipboard for pasting into the forum. It's the same method as used for the iPhone app posted above

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 10-03-2012 09:42am by XFullFatTim.)
10-03-2012 09:33am
SiT

Many thanks for the replies. I would have posted some sooner but too busy driving it. So far so good and very pleased, done 250 miles since Thursdays pickup..!

I'm not a photographer by any means, but here's a few, hope it works - enjoy.

[Image: Pic2.jpg]

[Image: Pic1.jpg]

[Image: DSCF0769.jpg]

[Image: DSCF0771.jpg]
12-03-2012 02:07pm
Dimitrios

Congrats! Nice parking Smile

Dynamic SD4, Santorini, Chrome Shadow, Lux Pack, Priv Glass, Red /Black leather & headlining
Collection: 24 Mar 2012 / Ordered: Oct 2011
12-03-2012 02:49pm
SebM

Congrats !

Actually : '04 Lotus Elise Mk2 111 & '11 Land Rover Defender 90 SW RAW
12-03-2012 03:29pm