Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Petrol or Diesel
anton

RE: Petrol or Diesel

Same as, i love the si4 i used to drive a rrs diesel and drove it around like i was lord of the manor,now the evoque will pull off an overtaking manovere with no problem,but with the diesel evoque i think i would have to think twice about pulling the same manovere off.
09-01-2012 02:21am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
lngrn36

I'm beginning to feel glad that we don't have the diesel option in the States. I love my SI4. Gas mileage may not be great and it's not a race car for straight runs. I do think that Que slams it a little to harsh though. A workmate has a 335i and we are convinced that the U.S. spec is just as fast and handles better in our freeway turn arounds. AWD takes the mileage down a notch. But when I go off road exploring he just sits at the curb in his Bimmer. Or, if I'm feeling nice I let him ride along!

Tim
Evoque Coupe Pure+
SI4 - Auto
Sumatra Black - Ebony/Ebony
Climate package
Satellite Radio
09-01-2012 02:28am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Sounds like I might have to try a longer test drive of an Si4. Must admit that the SD4 has enough poke for me and is smooth and quiet unless you really push it when it becomes a bit manic, especially in the sport gearbox mode and dynamic setting of TR, settings I don't use too often on the roads where I live - but the Si4 is the same under those conditions from the short drive I have had.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 09-01-2012 04:02am by XFullFatTim.)
09-01-2012 04:01am
slee18

Admittedly I wished the petrol was smoother coming from a Lexus IS250. It idles little rough and under 2500 rpm it's little harsh.

Too bad they don't have a 300hp V6 with cylinder deactivation for better mileage on freeway and expressway

Can't complain, got 25mpg on a 300 mile trip home after purchasing my evoque. Mileage is getting better in the city now
09-01-2012 04:55am
ED209

(09-01-2012 04:55am)slee18 Wrote:  Admittedly I wished the petrol was smoother coming from a Lexus IS250. It idles little rough and under 2500 rpm it's little harsh.

Too bad they don't have a 300hp V6 with cylinder deactivation for better mileage on freeway and expressway

Can't complain, got 25mpg on a 300 mile trip home after purchasing my evoque. Mileage is getting better in the city now

If that is us gallons thats actually quite good!
09-01-2012 09:57am
slee18

That was all highway though Sad
(09-01-2012 09:57am)ED209 Wrote:  If that is us gallons thats actually quite good!
09-01-2012 08:47pm
hybris

I would go petrol as the diesel has higher tax and is a very thirsty diesel. If the diesel was very economical yes I would go for that. But IRL it seems that the petrol is the obvious choice for the Evo.

Order of Evoque Dynamic cancelled due to delays and no information on delivery date. Wish you all the best of luck and hope you will receive your cars soon. Its a lovely car! Many thanks for all great answers and feedback on this forum! Take care! Cheers! /Hybris
11-01-2012 07:51am
CSJ

I had a loan of an Si4 from my dealer for almost a month as my delivery was late. Finally got my SD4 yesterday!! Will be interesting for me to see how I find the SD4 as I have not had a Diesel before!!

On order: Volvo XC60 T5 Inscription Pro

Current: Porsche Macan, Pebble Interior, Volcano Grey, Bose, other extras which cost lots and should be standard

Gone:
BMW X6 m diesel with BMW exclusive interior
Evoque Dynamic Orkney, Accolade Dynamic Plus Sports Interior (Ivory)
Evoque. Coupe, Dynamic, Fuji, Pursuit (x2)
Scirocco 2.0 GT DSG, Black, Black Lthr, 19" Luganos
TT Mk 2, Grey, Audi Exclusive Int
SLK Mk 2, Blk, Beige Lthr
TT Mk 1, Blue, Silver Lthr
TT Mk 1, Silver, Grey Lthr
11-01-2012 11:01am
QueJumper

Petrol or Diesel

(09-01-2012 02:28am)lngrn36 Wrote:  A workmate has a 335i and we are convinced that the U.S. spec is just as fast and handles better in our freeway turn arounds.

Phew - you must have some pretty boring roads near you if driving them makes you think an Si4 handles and is fast as a 335i. I think I could lose an Si4 easily in a 330d let alone a 335i unless it was offroad of course Smile

Now Sold - Small, clean, fun car mainly for me - Sd4 Dynamic Lux - White/Black roof

Still going strong - Big, dirty, fun car mainly for the wife, kids and dog - Disco 4 - Blue (with lots of mud outside, sweets & litter inside)
11-01-2012 11:46pm
Coolbanana

(11-01-2012 11:46pm)QueJumper Wrote:  Phew - you must have some pretty boring roads near you if driving them makes you think an Si4 handles and is fast as a 335i. I think I could lose an Si4 easily in a 330d let alone a 335i unless it was offroad of course Smile

Agree with this, my 335i coupe in standard form was much quicker. Remapped with an SSTT chip it was 360bhp of Porsche-baiting awesomeness.

I would compare the Si4 realistically with the Mini Countryman Cooper S AWD.
I have done back-to-back runs up a tight double S-bend B road near my home and my wife's 2011 Cooper S is only marginally quicker which leads me to thinking the Countryman version must be very similar to the Si4.

Car:Range Rover Sport 3.0SDV6 HSE - Orkney Grey, Almond interior and with lots of options
Bike:Ducati Monster 1100 EVO
(This post was last modified: 12-01-2012 11:21am by Coolbanana.)
12-01-2012 11:19am