Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4.5 Average
Pan Roof Price Increase
xxxx5

Pan Roof Price Increase

Selecting the Pan Roof / power blind option... price has now increased to £658.34 list
Reading on another forum if you have already ordered then the previous price will be honoured.

Thank god I changed my order last week, guess this a popular option and LR are taking full advantage!

Now Sold: 5dr Pure SD4 Man / Fuji White / Pano Roof / Tech Park / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Xenons / Black H'lining / Power Fold Door Mirrors / Power Tailgate / Carpet Mats / Front Fogs.
19-08-2011 11:19am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
vision*R

RE: Pan Roof Price Increase

I warned last week this was going to happen.
Indeed it's probably the most popular option.

Prestige TD4 5d / Fuji White / Tech pack / Parallel park / Pano / Order 26/01/2011 / Build 13/12/11 / Arrival 04/01/2012
19-08-2011 11:21am
HA54SYM

I think its more to do with the fact they have had some supply issues, and as such the cost has gone up.

Still good value for what you get.

Dave
19-08-2011 12:31pm
mark_n

Alot of the reviews are recommending it, especially for the Coupé, to brighten the interior. If it's becoming more popular, that might suggest the price should come down, but maybe they have yield problems with the glass or some such.

If they're reviewing the cost of options, I'd like to see them reduce the cost of the low-rent TPMS to £85 from £405 which is what Audi charge for the same function.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
(This post was last modified: 19-08-2011 12:46pm by mark_n.)
19-08-2011 12:45pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Going Up In price.................

The makers are having to pay their Chinese employees more so the price has to go up,
The pound is worth less (or should that be worthless!) so again the price has to go up,
The Bunker Adjustment factor for shipping the containers full of them on my ship has gone up so the price has to increase again,
The cost of fuel to get the trucks carrying the containers from Felixstowe to Halewood has just increased thanks to robbing oil companies so the price has to go up
The VAT on the fuel that goes into the trucks has increased as a result of the robbing oil companies so, yes you've guessed it, the price goes up again
The cost of the driver's "heart attack on a plate meals on the M1 and M6 has gone through the roof so the price has to go up again
I doubt it is going up because of the popularity of the product!

Do you know that it still costs the maker less to get the container of roofs from Shanghai or Tsingdao or Xiamen or Yantian to Felixstowe than it costs to get them from Felixstowe to Halewood - and that is partly because my salary hasn't increased in 10 years........ because I now have to compete in the wage market against Filipinos and Chinese and Vietnamese and Indian and SriLankans - who I also have to train to take my job! Rant over

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
19-08-2011 01:33pm
Evoquemaker

Real reason for pan roof price increase.

When the build schedule made for evoque beancounters thought only x amount would buy the pan roof. In reality xxxx ordered it. Bit of spanner in works for launch. Supply increased for later builds. Same with contrast roof. More popular than thought.
19-08-2011 04:20pm
mark_n

Yes, certainly sounds as if it's more popular than expected and we know the contrast roof puts pressure on the line because of the masking job required prior to painting. It would be interesting to know whether the glass roof has any similar impact.

Also interesting would be to know if there are options which have sold less well than expected. Are we an especially non-smoking group for example? Keyless Entry? TPMS?

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
19-08-2011 04:50pm
ED209

Was considering adding this, not going to bother now.
19-08-2011 05:07pm
Blackseries

RE: Real reason for pan roof price increase.

(19-08-2011 04:20pm)Evoquemaker Wrote:  beancounters thought only x amount would buy the pan roof. In reality xxxx ordered it.

First time I've heard that ordering more ......costs you more per unit .....Confused

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
19-08-2011 05:17pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

It possibly costs more due to urgency to get them rather than the extra quantity required, the makers might even have to be sending them by airfreight to get them to the factory in time as it takes 6 weeks factory to factory/ door to door from China even by the fastest ships

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
19-08-2011 05:30pm