Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4.5 Average
Pan Roof Price Increase
mark_n

RE: Pan Roof Price Increase

Did I read somewhere the glass roof weighs 62kg?

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
(This post was last modified: 19-08-2011 05:42pm by mark_n.)
19-08-2011 05:41pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
doug

Being built in the UK, with all this talk about how it will help UK companys that supply LR with parts. But are most of the bits coming from overseas ?
19-08-2011 05:49pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

I bet you will find that the parts suppliers are British but the manufacturing is outsourced to low cost places around the world - the wiper blades on my FFRR are LR branded, made in Mexico.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
19-08-2011 05:57pm
evoqueboy

They can use my shipping line if it helps. Obviously for a tidy little profit (and no I'm not joking). Smile
19-08-2011 06:28pm
Wicksy

(19-08-2011 01:33pm)FullFatTim Wrote:  Going Up In price.................

The makers are having to pay their Chinese employees more so the price has to go up,
The pound is worth less (or should that be worthless!) so again the price has to go up,
The Bunker Adjustment factor for shipping the containers full of them on my ship has gone up so the price has to increase again,
The cost of fuel to get the trucks carrying the containers from Felixstowe to Halewood has just increased thanks to robbing oil companies so the price has to go up
The VAT on the fuel that goes into the trucks has increased as a result of the robbing oil companies so, yes you've guessed it, the price goes up again
The cost of the driver's "heart attack on a plate meals on the M1 and M6 has gone through the roof so the price has to go up again
I doubt it is going up because of the popularity of the product!

Do you know that it still costs the maker less to get the container of roofs from Shanghai or Tsingdao or Xiamen or Yantian to Felixstowe than it costs to get them from Felixstowe to Halewood - and that is partly because my salary hasn't increased in 10 years........ because I now have to compete in the wage market against Filipinos and Chinese and Vietnamese and Indian and SriLankans - who I also have to train to take my job! Rant over
Will those be Maritime trucks, Tim? - just asking because my son works for them and always says that they are cheaper than any other container transport company
19-08-2011 06:43pm
XFullFatTim

I work for Maersk Line - on anyhting from 3800 to 14000 TEU box ships and am slated to be off to an 18000 TEU monster

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 19-08-2011 07:07pm by XFullFatTim.)
19-08-2011 07:07pm
Jonathon555

(19-08-2011 05:41pm)mark_n Wrote:  Did I read somewhere the glass roof weighs 62kg?

Whoa ! That's no good for handling sticking 62 kg in the roof

That's now crossed off my options list

SD4 Arrived, Fuji , 20" style wheels, Privacy glass, Front fogs, Auto wiper and Auto Lights, Black leather

MY Nuburburing & Track Videos http://www.youtube.com/user/jonathon555?...sults_main
20-08-2011 12:02pm
barbarad

I am not sure what to do, ordered my Pure model today to be told the price increase was effective from Friday 19th August. Although RR Build your own, is still at the old price £450.

Surely with the website still having the old price -- the dealer should price match ?????

Whats your thoughts guys..

Very Happy Fuji White Coupe SD4 * Panoramic Roof, Ebony Lining, Parking Aid Front, Privacy Glass, Puddle Lamps, Front Fog Lamps, Mat, Flaps, Treadplates.Arrow
(This post was last modified: 22-08-2011 08:25pm by XFullFatTim.)
22-08-2011 08:20pm
XFullFatTim

I'm sure that if you read the tiny tiny print on the website there will be a let-out clause about prices not necessarily being correct all the time

22-08-2011 08:26pm
barbarad

SadSadSad
Dam just read that.
(22-08-2011 08:26pm)FullFatTim Wrote:  I'm sure that if you read the tiny tiny print on the website there will be a let-out clause about prices not necessarily being correct all the time

Very Happy Fuji White Coupe SD4 * Panoramic Roof, Ebony Lining, Parking Aid Front, Privacy Glass, Puddle Lamps, Front Fog Lamps, Mat, Flaps, Treadplates.Arrow
22-08-2011 08:29pm