Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
PICTURES PRE DELIVERY
lngrn36

RE: PICTURES PRE DELIVERY

(25-02-2012 10:10pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Interesting that LR has reverted to using what look like polythene bags for protection as mine was delivered to LPR with recyclable woven proper fitted car seat covers that I managed to save from the recycling bin as they are really good quality. The green credentials are slipping all ready!
It is also possible garry that your car has already gone through PDI if you are taking delivery on 1st March - the entire PDI only takes something like 3 hours maximum and the dealer possibly has a lot of Evoques to put out on March 1.

I'm thinking the same thing. The Evoques that I looked at while deciding which one I wanted all had the plastic covers removed first, then sat on the back lot waiting for prep.

Tim
Evoque Coupe Pure+
SI4 - Auto
Sumatra Black - Ebony/Ebony
Climate package
Satellite Radio
25-02-2012 11:43pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
edgedata

I visited my dealer again today and you are all correct. All my dealer fit accessories are now on the car, it has been PDI'd and ALL the plastic protective covers/ plastics have now been removed. The only thing left to do is the new car detail I have organised to be done at the dealers on Tuesday before I pick it up on Thursday morning. My actual hand over of the car will be done on Wednesday afternoon as I just want to pick it up and go on Thursday morning. The dealer was actually quite pleased about this as I'm sure they are going to have a pretty busy day on Thursday.

Previous: 12MY Pure 5dr SD4 Tech Auto Orkney Grey : 20" Style 6 : Pano+black roof : Ebony Int : Rear cam : Folding mirrors : Power tailgate : 825W Meridian : Fogs : Privacy glass
Now : 14MY Dynamic SD4 5dr 9speed Firenze Red : 20" Style 6 : Pano+black roof : Power tailgate : 825W Meridian : Privacy glass + more...
25-02-2012 11:54pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
garryforrestuk

.Thank you for the replies the car has not been pdi and had came straight of the transporter.
If I buy an item I expect it to be its original packaging and brand new and not used this vehicle has arrived like this so what's the history why and when was the protective taken away, as you can see from the second post pictures that's what I expect. And that's when i will part with my money.

DYNAMIC SD4 AUTO 5 DOOR WITH COUPE BONNET VENTS, FRONT GRILL BADGE, CHROME LETTERING, SILVER ROOF RAILS.
26-02-2012 01:04am
ceebee

PICTURES PRE DELIVERY

Ok, If youre not happy then reject it and wait another 6 months for your car to arrive with the plastic still on it (if it does)?
Someone else can jump the queue and drive yours away in a few days time!

Waiting for: - 2015 SD4 Dynamic, LUX pack, Auto, 5 door. Mauritius Blue. Santorini Roof........spare wheel.
26-02-2012 01:25am
J77

I can kind of see where you are coming from, you don't want dirty overalls on your seats etc but unless the seats are marked or damaged its not worth the hassle.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
26-02-2012 02:49am
WorldTraveler

Im sure ED209 or myself will be happy to jump the queue (and its probably the same dealership as us) Wink

Delivered 31st March 2012
Pure, 5 Door, TD4, Manual, Firenze Red, Tech Pack, Front Fogs, Xenon, Pano Roof

Track Consumption Using The Site Below
[Image: 117709.png]
26-02-2012 01:17pm
Mike

No idea whether mine had seat covers or not, car had 13 miles on the clock and looked fantastic, what you need to worry about is all the ********* who might damage it when you park it up!!!

Firenze Red Dynamic SD4 Man
Red Black Leather
Pan Roof
Shadow Alloys
Black Roof and Headlining
Privacy Glass
Delivered 27/1/12
26-02-2012 01:51pm
Wired

I looked at my car pre-delivery and I found the same bags over the seats as been mentioned before. I also found the following.

Special steering wheel cover
Paper mats on the floor (Prestige ones in plastic in the back)
Stickers on the shiny bits on the outside - See picture

I was quite impressed at the extended of damage/dirt protection I got.
Might this have something to do with the fact mine was shipped to Spain and that for a small truck trip in the UK they dont do such extensive protection measures?

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

SD4 Automatic Prestige BALTIC BLUE - 5 DOOR - 19" wheels - Xeons - Tech pack - winter pack - Pano roof
26-02-2012 06:54pm
LDT

(26-02-2012 01:04am)garryforrestuk Wrote:  .Thank you for the replies the car has not been pdi and had came straight of the transporter.
If I buy an item I expect it to be its original packaging and brand new and not used this vehicle has arrived like this so what's the history why and when was the protective taken away, as you can see from the second post pictures that's what I expect. And that's when i will part with my money.

I just don't get this. If the car is not damaged in any way, interior or exterior, I can't understand why you have a problem?

Prestige SD4 Auto, Ipanema/Ambience, Style 4 Wheels, Pan Roof, Privacy, Dimming Mirror, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Spare Wheel, Mud Flaps.
[Image: 116286.png]
26-02-2012 10:43pm
Aussievoque

(26-02-2012 10:43pm)LDT Wrote:  I just don't get this. If the car is not damaged in any way, interior or exterior, I can't understand why you have a problem?

+1. Maybe an eager employee removed the plastic as soon as it rolled off the truck....??? I never saw mine with any protective covers but that doesn't make me think anything underhanded went on.... Confused

2012 TD4 - Firenze - White leather - Style 6 - Panoramic roof - Keyless Entry - Bi-Xenons - Clearview - Navigation
27-02-2012 12:46am