Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Orkney Grey Or Firenze Red
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Orkney Grey Or Firenze Red

Well my eagle eyed parents spotted a Firenze with black contrast roof in the car park they parked in today and described it as the "most beautiful metallic red they had ever seen on a car" I suspect I may be asked soon why I am going for Ipanema and not Firenze!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
19-11-2013 08:17pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Harryw1

I decided to go with Orkney Grey. I did like Firenze Red but i narrowed it down to Ipanema Sand And Orkney Grey. I chose Orkney Grey because I think the colour won't date and always looks good no matter the weather.

63 Plate MY13 Range Rover Evoque 2.2 SD4 Pure 5dr Auto - Orkney Grey
20-11-2013 04:40pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

I think you may be disappointed with the dirt disguising qualities of Orkney, Ipanema is much better at disguising winter road dirt

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
20-11-2013 05:04pm
scrannel

Looked at everything. As others have pointed out the personality of the car can change quite a bit depending on color and model. For instance I hated Havana on the Dynamic, and loved it on the Prestige. But in the states I could only get MagneRide on the Dynamic so I chose the color I thought looked best on that model: Orkney Grey.

2013 Dynamic USA specs with MagneRide + Strata wood int. with Lunar perf. Ork Grey.
BMW K1200R. Black.
21-11-2013 05:10pm
Amadeus

Firenze looks fantastic on a hot sunny Aussie day. I almost went for Ipanema also - maybe next time ........

eD4 Pure Fuji Coupe | Tech Pack | Pano Roof | Cirrus Leather | Powerfold Mirrors | Xenons | 19" Style 3s | arr 5Apr13
21-11-2013 11:01pm