Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ordering and info?
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Ordering and info?

I'm not a fan of red but those pics and the photo of a Rimini Red 5 door out on the roads (pic on D3 forums) it looks really good - I see in my "local" daily paper here that Mrs Beckham is expecting Baby Beckham No4 - I wonder if she has been commenting on the availability of child seats etc for the Becks Family Special Edition. The more photos I see of the car the more I like it, despite comments I made about Mrs B's involvement I'm sure I could live with an Evoque easily. Just hope that it is narrow enough to fit through a standard garage door.............................. especially after the attempted theft of my FFRR from my drive I will have to start clearing out the garage to get any new car in for security reasons.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
10-01-2011 04:37am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cjfp

(10-01-2011 04:37am)FullFatTim Wrote:  I'm not a fan of red but those pics and the photo of a Rimini Red 5 door out on the roads (pic on D3 forums) it looks really good - I see in my "local" daily paper here that Mrs Beckham is expecting Baby Beckham No4 - I wonder if she has been commenting on the availability of child seats etc for the Becks Family Special Edition. The more photos I see of the car the more I like it, despite comments I made about Mrs B's involvement I'm sure I could live with an Evoque easily. Just hope that it is narrow enough to fit through a standard garage door.............................. especially after the attempted theft of my FFRR from my drive I will have to start clearing out the garage to get any new car in for security reasons.

FFT - not sure that Rimini Red is an option - the LR site shows Firenze Red (and that is the colour in my photos in this thread).

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
10-01-2011 07:07pm
diamond

I'm on the list for a Baltic Blue 5dr. I hope to see the car in flesh, next week in Brussels Motor Show.
10-01-2011 08:25pm
cjfp

To James @ Lookers PR - do you have any more timing info re prices, customer spec'ing? Also, [when] are dealers likely to get showroom models? Silly question (?) time - all the panels on the two cars at the boat show appeared to be plastic - is this something new that will be on final versions or was it just for these demos ? What is the difference between the Barolo and Santorini blacks? Thanks.

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
13-01-2011 08:25pm
Royle

Quote:What is the difference between the Barolo and Santorini blacks?

Barolo is a Red wine, which means the Barolo Black seems to have a deep Red tint in it. To the naked eye you wouldn't know any different but when the light is right you can see the Red. Well that's according to people who own them. At present it's only available on the Autobiography Black FFRR, which Looks very very good. But you will need very good eyesight to see it in pictures.
Santorini is just the normal black which you get on all Land Rovers - FL2, Disco, Sport, FFRR. If I had the choice I would get the Barolo Thumbs Up

Somebody else (James at LPR as you said) may be more of a help. Also I suspect Firenze Red isn't much different than Rimini, the colour names change but the actual colours aren't a huge amount different. Although It does look good.
(This post was last modified: 20-01-2011 02:38pm by Royle.)
14-01-2011 10:24pm
cjfp

(14-01-2011 10:24pm)Royle Wrote:  
Quote:What is the difference between the Barolo and Santorini blacks?

Barolo is a Red wine, which means the Barolo Black seems to have a deep Red tint in it. To the naked eye you wouldn't know any different but when the light is right you can see the Red. Well that's according to people who own them. At present it's only available on the Autobiography Black FFRR, which Looks very very good. But you will need very good eyesight to see it in pictures.
Santorini is just the normal black which you get on all Land Rovers - FL2, Disco, Sport, FFRR. If I had the choice I would get the Barolo Thumbs Up

Somebody else (James at LPR as you said) may be more of a help. Also I suspect Firenze Red isn't much better than Rimini, the colour names change but the actual colours aren't a huge amount different.

thanks - i have to say that the firenze red looked goodat the boat show.

14-01-2011 11:36pm
Lookers Park Royal

Sorry for the late reply but on holls at the moment.

Dealers should have prices and full specs within the next 3-4 weeks with customer brochures being available in March. On sale date is 8th Sep but LR hope to have dealers demonstrators to them in July/Aug. Colours as per Royale's post, and will look into comment re plastic. IIRC front wings are plastic but not 100% sure (will check when off from holls).

James
19-01-2011 02:37am
cjfp

Thanks James - hope you are having a nice time (and given the 'post time' you are either quite far away, not sleeping well or staying up too late!)

By what date will deposit makers have to make their initial choices and what date will be final lock-in of spec picked?

19-01-2011 07:16pm
Lookers Park Royal

Staying up too late!

When the dealers have the specs and prices in their hands it would be a good time to get a final spec together. Then depending on the dealers initial allocation you have an opportunity to be in the right position for an early build slot. It is worth considering that although there may be others ahead of you in the queue, some may hold back initially due to finances or perhaps wanting to drive one first, meaning that you would have the chance to move up the list.

James
19-01-2011 09:11pm
lrdaft

hi just placed deposit i feel with fuel costs constantly rising i must downsize from full fat tdv8 vogue se
i will miss the space but not low 20s fuel consumption
wish i could have both
22-01-2011 02:46pm