Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Oh dear! Have I made a mistake with colour (Corris Grey)?
Simplesimon

Oh dear! Have I made a mistake with colour (Corris Grey)?

I'm really quite worried that I might have made a mistake ordering a dynamic in Corris grey with blackpack!Sad
(See spec in orders thread).
I haven't seen any evoques in the flesh in this new colour. Only a RRS in the showroom.
But looking at pictures online of RRS with black contrast roof. I'm starting to think that the Corris won't show off the black pack and roof, as it might be too dark!
I absolutely loved the Orkney grey with black pack. But that colour is now discontinued.
The only other colour I would have gone for is santorini black. But with the black pack looks like a batmobile!!
Has anyone else recently taken delivery of the Corris/black combo. Or have one on order!!?!
I need to make a decision and think time is running out to change specs!
(This post was last modified: 17-11-2014 10:06pm by Simplesimon.)
17-11-2014 10:05pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
recordman

RE: Oh dear! Have I made a mistake with colour (Corris Grey)?

Have you looked at Scotia Grey? It might provide a bit more of a contrast with a black roof.

2013 SD4 Prestige auto/5dr/OG/Fuji pano roof
17-11-2014 10:12pm
sorcerer

(17-11-2014 10:05pm)Simplesimon Wrote:  I'm really quite worried that I might have made a mistake ordering a dynamic in Corris grey with blackpack!Sad
(See spec in orders thread).
I haven't seen any evoques in the flesh in this new colour. Only a RRS in the showroom.
But looking at pictures online of RRS with black contrast roof. I'm starting to think that the Corris won't show off the black pack and roof, as it might be too dark!
I absolutely loved the Orkney grey with black pack. But that colour is now discontinued.
The only other colour I would have gone for is santorini black. But with the black pack looks like a batmobile!!
Has anyone else recently taken delivery of the Corris/black combo. Or have one on order!!?!
I need to make a decision and think time is running out to change specs!

Not seen one in the flesh, but personally, I think it will look great.
If you have seen a RRS in the showroom why not ask the dealer for their swatch of the black and offer it up against the Corris.
17-11-2014 10:29pm
Simplesimon

Thanks chaps for your quick replies.
Panic over!!Embarrassed
I found some really good pictures of the RRS with black roof and alloys. It looks stunning, and the black really does stand out after all! Rolling Eyes
I did look at the Scotia grey. But felt it had too much of a green tint to it for my liking.
Previous pictures, and the car in showroom were just the Corris without any contrast and silver alloys!
It is more of a metallic 'Pewter' colour than the Orkney grey.
I made the right choice after all. As I love grey .There is just something really classy about it!Wink
18-11-2014 01:01am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Unfortunately LR's configurator colours and the way our screens render colours are often very misleading when you look at the cars on a computer. Zanzibar looked awful on my monitor at work yet on my iPad it is a much better rendition of the colour. Same with some of the brochures, hence LR (and most car makers) add a disclaimer on websites and printed material about colour rendition "might not be good". Really the best way to visualise the colours is to go into a showroom and look at the swatches and samples or to find a car in the colour you ar looking for. Kaikura stone doesn't look at all nice on my iPad, rather like a very milky coffee colour, when I saw several of them on a transporter on the M40 recently it is very nice (to me!) light bronze colour similar to the old Nara Bronze that the D4 and Sport were available in. Same with Marianas Black - on most computer screens it looks either navy blue or just plain black - in sunlight it is a lovely rich very dark blue that certainly looks black on a dull day.
Scotia Grey is indeed very green - it is similar in the flesh to a long gone Land Rover shade called Giverny Green. I would think that a black contrast roof wouldn't work with it, but a Corris Grey roof would (but isn't available in that combo on Evoque).
This was my 1st RRS, in Giverny Green
[Image: RRSathome.jpg]

[Image: RRSport005.jpg]

It had an interior that wasn't to everyone's taste but worked well with the exterior
[Image: RRSport003.jpg]

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 18-11-2014 11:01am by XFullFatTim.)
18-11-2014 10:23am
Simplesimon

Thanks again Tim.
Yes. Totally agree with you regarding colours looking better on an iPad compared to a pc screen.
I'm going back to the dealer today to make sure. They have a Corris grey RRS in the compound last time I was there. So want to see it in the daylight again!
But I'm pretty sure I have made the correct choice. Been up all night going through the colours again!!
My missus was dead set on black (aren't all women!!?!) but managed to swing her!
Your old RRS is gorgeous. I like the interior. Very brave choice but it works. But I can see the hint of green, similar to the Scotia grey!

The trouble is. And I'm sure you will agree. With the build date being such a long time off. You tend to go over and over your chosen spec. Thinking should I add this or have I chosen correctly!!?!
Must drive the salesmen mad, people changing their build all the time! Lol
18-11-2014 11:03am
XFullFatTim

Simon, I'm going through the speccing situation with an RRS at the moment, for a car for delivery next September! When I collected my Evoque Hadley Green were also handing over a Scotia Grey Range Rover so I got to see it in the flesh and it is a dead ringer for Giverny in daylight! The sales team called me over to it and asked if I recognised the colour. It looked nice with the Lunar interior too. Personnally I think the shade doesn't look that great on RRE, maybe too wishywashy for the stunning shape of the car, Evoque needs bold colours.

Corris is a lovely colour but I think that the Santorini Contrast Roof might not work so well with it, too many dark shades together don't give the "contrast" Have you thought about a silver or white contrast roof? The dealers have samples that you can add the contrast roof to and they have model contrast roofs to try in the big drawers full of colour samples. I would sooner have Corris than Causeway which is almost black.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
18-11-2014 11:14am
Simplesimon

The thing is Tim. I love the black pack. And I'm not sure another colour roof would go with it!
Going to sort it out once and for all today. They said they might be able to get the order through next week. For possible delivery late January. So don't want to hold things up!!Wink

They do have a ltd edition in stock (all black with yellow roof 2013 model) which I am very tempted with at £39000 but doesn't have the 9speed box etc!!
(This post was last modified: 18-11-2014 11:58am by Simplesimon.)
18-11-2014 11:46am
XFullFatTim

Also it was not at all popular in the UK, especially the Yellow body with black roof so you could loose heavily at resale time, and you are right it has the 6 speed not the 9 speed.

18-11-2014 01:39pm
Amadeus

Here is one owner on the other forum with corris/black roof but it doesn't have black pack and was taken on bit of a grey day.

http://www.evoqueownersclub.co.uk/forum/...html#78332

eD4 Pure Fuji Coupe | Tech Pack | Pano Roof | Cirrus Leather | Powerfold Mirrors | Xenons | 19" Style 3s | arr 5Apr13
19-11-2014 01:04pm