Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
OG with cream interior?
KidAd

OG with cream interior?

Ordered an Si4 Dynamic in August, currently in OG with contrast black pano roof. Considering going the whole hog and powder coating the alloys black too, but that's a decision that can wait until after delivery!

Since I ordered, the new interiors have been introduced, and I really like the cream leather. Tan would be ideal, but that's not going to happen - cheers Posh Spice. However, I'm hesitating on changing over as I can't quite imagine the OG exterior with the pale interior. With blue or red, lovely, but I like the black and grey exterior too much to consider this change. Want to see a Havana in the flesh as I could be tempted, but not sure if the contrasting black would work here, and could just have the same issue with the cream interior if it's as grey as I suspect. Love the bronze tones, but doubt I'll ever see them in dull old Blighty.
15-10-2012 10:48am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ojonesyo

RE: OG with cream interior?

(15-10-2012 10:48am)KidAd Wrote:  Ordered an Si4 Dynamic in August, currently in OG with contrast black pano roof. Considering going the whole hog and powder coating the alloys black too, but that's a decision that can wait until after delivery!

Since I ordered, the new interiors have been introduced, and I really like the cream leather. Tan would be ideal, but that's not going to happen - cheers Posh Spice. However, I'm hesitating on changing over as I can't quite imagine the OG exterior with the pale interior. With blue or red, lovely, but I like the black and grey exterior too much to consider this change. Want to see a Havana in the flesh as I could be tempted, but not sure if the contrasting black would work here, and could just have the same issue with the cream interior if it's as grey as I suspect. Love the bronze tones, but doubt I'll ever see them in dull old Blighty.

I have Havana paint with tan interior and shadow chrome alloys......delighted with all those choices. The paint can appear as an attractive grey, yet with sunshine, the bronze sparkle shows up a treat and that's where the tan compliments it so well. I do recommend you view a car though [Mines available for inspection today in Pembrokeshire!]. I think your problem is that Havana sits midway between a 'cool' grey colour and a 'warm' cream.
You say '.....tan is ideal...' so why the hell is '.....Posh Spice....' steering your opinion? ....is she buying it for you?

SD4 Prestige Lux 5 door auto, Havana/Tan, Style 7 alloys, tow kit, spare wheel, high-beam assist, etc ..Arrived June 2012
15-10-2012 11:58am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Si4 is only available in Dynamic trim in the UK, there are no tan interior options with it unfortunately. I wanted an all tan Plus interior but Mrs Beckham has chosen that as the interior for her special £82,000 edition and LR in their wisdom have decided that Tan isn't for the rest of us with Dynamics or aren't prepared to spend a stupid amount of money to have one on an Evoque. For the price of a Becks Special I could buy a very nice new L405 with a full tan interior though.

KidAd my last car was a big daddy Range Rover and that was Stornoway Grey with Ivory (cream) interior. I can post a picture of that if you want.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 15-10-2012 12:14pm by XFullFatTim.)
15-10-2012 12:10pm
KidAd

(15-10-2012 11:58am)ojonesyo Wrote:  why the hell is '.....Posh Spice....' steering your opinion? ....is she buying it for you?

As Tim notes, can't mix petrol and tan leather due to the Dynamic-only availability. Would happily go for the special edition which very nearly mixes these options, with some great matte grey paintwork, if it was available and close to £30,000 cheaper!
15-10-2012 01:04pm
ojonesyo

(15-10-2012 12:10pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Si4 is only available in Dynamic trim in the UK, there are no tan interior options with it unfortunately. I wanted an all tan Plus interior but Mrs Beckham has chosen that as the interior for her special £82,000 edition and LR in their wisdom have decided that Tan isn't for the rest of us with Dynamics or aren't prepared to spend a stupid amount of money to have one on an Evoque. For the price of a Becks Special I could buy a very nice new L405 with a full tan interior though.

KidAd my last car was a big daddy Range Rover and that was Stornoway Grey with Ivory (cream) interior. I can post a picture of that if you want.
Ok, I see your dilemma...... I had to make the same decision.......and I went for Prestige because it offered the Tan Oxford leather amongst other things. For me, other than the neat exhaust detailing of the Dynamic, the Prestige ticked all the boxes for my needs. [and Havana is cheaper in Prestige options, by the way]. My only preference would still be for an all tan interior......ie door cards, dash, central console in tan instead of ivory, but LR do not yet offer the Autobiography bespoke service. The Ivory panels look nice but they are a little delicate for everyday use. Hope you get a choice you are happy with.....owen

SD4 Prestige Lux 5 door auto, Havana/Tan, Style 7 alloys, tow kit, spare wheel, high-beam assist, etc ..Arrived June 2012
15-10-2012 01:30pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

In my Ivory/ Stornoway FFRR the door pulls/ armrests were a pain to keep clean, but then I think tan might fare as badly in that respect as would any light colour. The seat squabs and backs were very resilient to collecting dirt but I did manage to leave a leather polish mark across the lower seat back from a new leather belt and I was never able to remove all traces of it before I sold the car. Lots of Ivory leather in here

[Image: 72cafbab.jpg]

[Image: b379efce.jpg]

[Image: 247e175f.jpg]

[Image: DSCF0109.jpg]

This is the only photo I have where you can see the inside and outside finished together
[Image: DSCF0153.jpg]

Would I have this combo again, yes without hesitation. The light leather was contrasted nicely with the jet piping and jet carpets

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 15-10-2012 05:21pm by XFullFatTim.)
15-10-2012 05:19pm
Westy

What a lovely contrast, I had to go safe as I use my car alot for work and the darker interior is more user friendly.

that looks really clean and fresh, the FFRR always look so special, even the key looks more rugged than the evoque.

I guess that's why you pay the premium for the best. It will be interesting to see what the new FFRR fuel economy is like, with the weight watchers diet the FFRR has been on it could well beat the Evoque, that is judging by your comments on your RRS and other RR products.

One of the happy owners, ordered June 2011, delivered Wednesday 8th February 2012, now 97000 miles. Scorpions lasted 78'000 miles.

Pure TD4 5 door, fuji white, ebony interior, Pan roof, Front fogs, spare wheel, privacy glass, towbar and black roofrails.

Cars got to go back to company March 25th 2015 Sad
16-10-2012 08:52am