Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Now every Tom,Dick and Harry is going to make an Evoque...
scalle

RE: Now every Tom,Dick and Harry is going to make an Evoque...

don't worry,
every brand has its issues, lots of electronic problems,
but i have my rre now since new year and so far no problems.

RRE TD4 Prestige 4WD AUT, santorini black, element interior, tech pack, cold climate pack, pano roof, privacy glass, brushed alu, auto high beam assist, airco vents rear, auto dim mirror, camera, home link, 20" style 7, 18" spare, debugged, roof rails,replaced side vents, grille in glossy black and center cap wheels with RR, black lettering
Also stunning Fiat 500 Cabrio GUCCI edition, black/gold metallic, and red Fiat Panda 1992 selecta (var. transmission).
01-05-2013 09:31pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
benzina

Well mine was one of the early builds Dec 2011, and (touch wood) it's been totally reliable in every way, apart from a rattle which was sorted.
I think the rivals will be a good thing for the Evoque.
It will be fascinating to see all the rivals go up against the Evoque, particularly from a design point of view, and i say bring it on. They should also help slow the frenzied demand of the Evoque, and help keep it a little more exclusive, because right now it's the only one in the spotlight for Tom,Dick,and Harry to look at.
The main Euro rivals will be the Porsche Macan, BMW X4, Audi Q4,Mercedes GLA, a VW sports crossover CC based on the Tiguan, and a compact crossover from Alfa Romeo.

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
(This post was last modified: 02-05-2013 01:46am by benzina.)
02-05-2013 01:41am
jitenc

Yup, every Tom, Dick and Tom will copy the Evoque unsuccessfully in terms of design, but will always beat the fuel economy!
If only the Evoque was lighter, I would have ripped off the engine, and carried it everywhere like the Flintsone's mobile. I am still on 30mpg.. And have now renamed it as a gas guzzler.
Bring on the competition, I'd say. But apart from that...Smile

Got mine : Dynamic Fuji White with Lux Pack and black contrast roof.
Optional extras : Privacy glass, Heated steering wheel and TPMS.
Me: Very HappyVery Happy
02-05-2013 07:18am
PhilB

A little competition can be good for the soul!
It might ensure that QA at LR is as good as possible if sales start going to the opposition.
It might also hurry up new developments such as the more powerful 4cyl diesel if the competition start getting better reviews.
Personally I haven't had any problems apart from a frayed seat belt replaced under warranty.
No rattles or squeaks, mine being a Dec '11 build.
Yes the economy is not as good as anticipated but I won't change it.
Servicing is pretty poor but I have come to expect that from a lot of dealers.
Three goes at resetting the service indicator with their laptop. Rolling Eyes
I ended up doing it myself from the advice on here! Laughing

Prestige SD4 5 door manual, Firenze, vibe, style 4, adaptive dynamics, privacy, Hybrid tv, spare wheel, grey oak wood finisher, ebony headliner.
02-05-2013 08:13am
speary

(02-05-2013 08:13am)PhilB Wrote:  A little competition can be good for the soul!
It might ensure that QA at LR is as good as possible if sales start going to the opposition.
It might also hurry up new developments such as the more powerful 4cyl diesel if the competition start getting better reviews.
Personally I haven't had any problems apart from a frayed seat belt replaced under warranty.
No rattles or squeaks, mine being a Dec '11 build.
Yes the economy is not as good as anticipated but I won't change it.
Servicing is pretty poor but I have come to expect that from a lot of dealers.
Three goes at resetting the service indicator with their laptop. Rolling Eyes
I ended up doing it myself from the advice on here! Laughing

What was the issue with your seatbelt as i have noticed some freying around the edge on my belt

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
02-05-2013 08:31am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

One thing for sure with the other marques, I bet that after 20 months on sale they won't get passersby stopping to ask if they can have a look inside! Happened to me twice yesterday - one was a kitchen installer working at my house who's wife has been giving him earache to get her one - problem is 3 teenage daughters to transport around! The other was a retired couple in the supermarket car park who wanted to change their ageing 3 Series Touring. So far everybody who has looked inside or sat in mine has commented very favourably on the interior design - especially how much room there is in the backseats, which isn't apparent from the outside and the great effect the Panoramic roof has.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 02-05-2013 02:52pm by XFullFatTim.)
02-05-2013 09:35am
benzina

I agree Tim. The Evoque style is radical and sooo striking, yet it is also beautiful at the same time. The others will find that combination hard to match.
The amount of street interest from people that my car has generated has been quite astonishing.
Funny thing is...if i sense they want to buy one, i'm quite selective with whom i think are worthy, so if i don't like there looks or personality, then i try and turn them off it, by saying it's got visibility problems due to it's shape, and that it's not for everyone Smile.

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
(This post was last modified: 02-05-2013 10:56am by benzina.)
02-05-2013 10:53am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

An Evoque racist?

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
02-05-2013 02:52pm
PhilB

(02-05-2013 08:31am)speary Wrote:  What was the issue with your seatbelt as i have noticed some freying around the edge on my belt

Drivers belt, on the diagonal by my left hip just above the clip once done up.
About 10cm long in the centre 1/3rd of the belt.
A wavy, ribbed type effect and some wispy fraying at the edges.
I was convinced it was possibly a velcro fastener on the pocket of my coat but it wouldn't have produced the effect my belt had.
Dealer replaced it without question under warranty.
I think it was possibly a fault in the weave??

Prestige SD4 5 door manual, Firenze, vibe, style 4, adaptive dynamics, privacy, Hybrid tv, spare wheel, grey oak wood finisher, ebony headliner.
02-05-2013 03:46pm
speary

(02-05-2013 03:46pm)PhilB Wrote:  Drivers belt, on the diagonal by my left hip just above the clip once done up.
About 10cm long in the centre 1/3rd of the belt.
A wavy, ribbed type effect and some wispy fraying at the edges.
I was convinced it was possibly a velcro fastener on the pocket of my coat but it wouldn't have produced the effect my belt had.
Dealer replaced it without question under warranty.
I think it was possibly a fault in the weave??

I have the wispy fraying in the same place as yours. time to call the dealer Sad

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
03-05-2013 08:06am