Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
No-end of problems, LR's only answer is to keep taking it to the workshop
fedup

RE: No-end of problems, LR's only answer is to keep taking it to the workshop

(19-10-2013 09:44am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Instead of emailing have you tried picking up the phone and calling them? It isn't everybody who uses email as their prime means of communication and often the people in service reception are snowed under and don't have a lot of time to surf the net or read emails during their work time. I have also found that only addressing an email to one person in a company when you need to point out things are not right usually leads to being ignored.............. try copying in the sales guys and somebody in management higher up. If you have time go into the service reception and tell them face to face that you are not satisfied.

You're very quick to find fault in my posts. Have I upset you somehow or do you do it to everyone?

Yes, I have tried calling them, but as its been two years of calls not being returned etc. I am now only dealing through email so I have a clear record of their service. I have told them this, too.

And every time I've emailed the service dept I have copied in the sales manager and the two people I have been dealing with at LR customer services.

Also, if they're too busy to check their emails, why did they give me a business card with their email address on it?
(This post was last modified: 19-10-2013 10:46am by fedup.)
19-10-2013 10:11am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

My apologies, it wasn't meant to read like I was fault finding

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
19-10-2013 12:00pm
fedup

Guy Salmon have offered to buy back the Evoque for £500 LESS than BMW offered as a part exchange. So much for purchasing it back at its "full current market value".

Not surprisingly, I declined.
28-10-2013 11:52pm
speary

(28-10-2013 11:52pm)fedup Wrote:  Guy Salmon have offered to buy back the Evoque for £500 LESS than BMW offered as a part exchange. So much for purchasing it back at its "full current market value".

Not surprisingly, I declined.

Yes but guy salmon know its full of rattles and faults. I presume you didn't let on to BMW

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
29-10-2013 09:24am
IKM

But won't cash in hand from GS enable you to get an even bigger discount on the BMW?

Arrived 16 December 2011: Prestige SD4 auto 5dr in OG with Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenons, Surround Cameras, Auto Dimming Rearview, Grey Oak Wood, Spare Wheel and Powered Tailgate.

Joining 2010 Freelander XS Td4e in Stornoway Grey (we like Grey!)
29-10-2013 11:57am
fedup

(29-10-2013 11:57am)IKM Wrote:  But won't cash in hand from GS enable you to get an even bigger discount on the BMW?

I made it clear to BMW that I didn't know if I wanted to part-ex or not, so the price I'm paying for the BMW won't change.

Unless I'm wrong, looking online for 2yr old Dynamic coupe Si4s (mine has 22,000 miles) the price seems to be from £32k-£36k, so an offer of £28,500 (£1000 more than his original offer) can't be considered "full current market value" can it?

Really don't know what to do now. Selling privately (and hoping the buyer doesn't notice all the problems) looks like the best idea, but it seems terribly dishonest and being honest would cost me thousands when I feel it should be Land Rover who should be losing out for making such a poor car.
29-10-2013 12:59pm
RRSteve

Reading your list of faults I will be interested to see what you think of a BMW 2 years down the line having come from BMW ownership myself. I had a Z4 E89. Great car but it did have some rattles that were never sorted and 1 day after I picked it up it went into limp home mode that was found out to be the high pressure fuel pump going wrong (a known fault apparently) so I had to have a new one fitted! Before that I had BMW MINI's, the first of which MINI had to have back 7 months in because there were so many faults (including a new gearbox!!). That didn't put me off and I had 2 more MINI's after that. They still were not fault free mind! So far I'm pleased with my Evoque although I have had one new set of rear lights (paint coming off the edges) and a new parcel shelf so far under warranty.
29-10-2013 01:15pm
fedup

Everyone I know goes on about how great BMWs are, so I'll be interested to find out for myself. I'll certainly be test driving my car before handing over the remaining balance.

I guess any make of car can get faults, but it's the fact that LR have been unable to repair them that really gets me. Plus, it turns out there is no form of compensation available unless I "stay with the brand".
29-10-2013 01:22pm
RRSteve

Yes that's the deal I had to go for when I had the MINi sent back. To be fair the second one they built me was far better than the first and they gave me free upgrades!
29-10-2013 01:54pm
Wicksy

(29-10-2013 01:22pm)fedup Wrote:  Everyone I know goes on about how great BMWs are, so I'll be interested to find out for myself. I'll certainly be test driving my car before handing over the remaining balance.

I guess any make of car can get faults, but it's the fact that LR have been unable to repair them that really gets me. Plus, it turns out there is no form of compensation available unless I "stay with the brand".
I haven't been through as a bad a process as you Fedup but suffered from serious rattle problems and absolutely pathetic customer service from the LR dealer in Newcastle - I decided to jump ship after just over a year and have now gone back to the Lexus brand with the new IS300h - the difference between the two dealerships is huge - good luck on ditching Land Rover - you won't regret it!

And Tim, trying to defend a dealership which doesn't communicate properly and can't be arsed to answer e mails to a customer who has parted with over 40k is frankly quite patheticRolling Eyes
(This post was last modified: 30-10-2013 03:36pm by Wicksy.)
30-10-2013 03:34pm