Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Night and Day
tetstb

Night and Day

I'm a regular complainer about my SD-4 5dr Dynamic, i've had no end of problems all down to build quality and couldn't give a rats ass dealers.

My own car was in at Pentland for some issues and they lent me their 5rd Pure SD-4 and my god, to say the difference was like night and day simply doesn't cut it.

It felt like a totally different car, very well built, solid and no rattles or creaks anywhere and for the first time I did the drive home from my Friday night in Stirling with the radio off.

How is it possible that there can be such a vast difference between two cars built by the same manufacturer and in fact the ride quality of the Pure felt totally different, far more planted and actually felt far more agile ?

What can I realistically expect LR to do to restore my own car to the same standard ?

My car has done 27650 miles and feels like its done 4 times that.

Cheers

Bob

SD4 Auto Dynamic OG , Verve, Panoramic Roof, Chrome Shadow, 825w audio, Park Assist, Privacy Glass.

[Image: 123130.png]
04-05-2013 06:15pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Night and Day

Have you related this to LR Customer services and asked them to fix your top of the range car to the same standard as the base cars?

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 04-05-2013 06:36pm by XFullFatTim.)
04-05-2013 06:35pm
tetstb

The problem is that dealers are apathetic, Pentland so far have been willing to listen but even collecting my car this morning the seat still creaks, the centre console still creaks and rattles and after complaint to them they just shrug their shoulders and say that if I'm not happy i should contact LR customer service.

I just want my £44K fixed and I just want someone to say they will fix it.

Cheers

Bob

SD4 Auto Dynamic OG , Verve, Panoramic Roof, Chrome Shadow, 825w audio, Park Assist, Privacy Glass.

04-05-2013 07:29pm
tash

(04-05-2013 07:29pm)tetstb Wrote:  The problem is that dealers are apathetic, Pentland so far have been willing to listen but even collecting my car this morning the seat still creaks, the centre console still creaks and rattles and after complaint to them they just shrug their shoulders and say that if I'm not happy i should contact LR customer service.

I just want my £44K fixed and I just want someone to say they will fix it.

Testable, mine is same maybe build date, creaks from centre console, from drivers door and from passenger seat when someone sits in it....mines going as after 5 visits the rattles remain and get worse as miles pile on, done 40k miles now..

Still have a problem with gearbox which still hasn't been changed...give up in the end, it's a company car so luckily it's going back.

Ed4 pure 5 door, Fuji, pan roof, tech pack, privacy, fog lights, style 6 wheels, ebony interior, delivery 22nd March
04-05-2013 08:01pm
J77

Can the reason for so many variances with build quality be put down to the new and inexperienced workforce. Is that wrong of me to say that.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
04-05-2013 08:53pm
tetstb

(04-05-2013 08:53pm)J77 Wrote:  Can the reason for so many variances with build quality be put down to the new and inexperienced workforce. Is that wrong of me to say that.

You might be right. I think there was a rush to get the car to market and with mine being an early 2012 model I think I got the one that was built close to shift end time on a Friday.

Cheers

Bob

05-05-2013 09:51am
Evogirl

I have a Pure Tech....no creaks or rattles, in fact I think it's a very well put together car which I love driving immensely. Sorry to hear about your car I would seriously complain higher up if you can.
05-05-2013 03:13pm
scrannel

I always advise anyone asking: 2013 is a better sorted car, generally.

2013 Dynamic USA specs with MagneRide + Strata wood int. with Lunar perf. Ork Grey.
BMW K1200R. Black.
05-05-2013 03:46pm
heronb

(05-05-2013 03:46pm)scrannel Wrote:  I always advise anyone asking: 2013 is a better sorted car, generally.

Can't comment on the older models but my MY13 feels solid.
05-05-2013 06:53pm
Straydox

(04-05-2013 06:15pm)tetstb Wrote:  I'm a regular complainer about my SD-4 5dr Dynamic, i've had no end of problems all down to build quality and couldn't give a rats ass dealers.

My own car was in at Pentland for some issues and they lent me their 5rd Pure SD-4 and my god, to say the difference was like night and day simply doesn't cut it.

It felt like a totally different car, very well built, solid and no rattles or creaks anywhere and for the first time I did the drive home from my Friday night in Stirling with the radio off.

How is it possible that there can be such a vast difference between two cars built by the same manufacturer and in fact the ride quality of the Pure felt totally different, far more planted and actually felt far more agile ?

What can I realistically expect LR to do to restore my own car to the same standard ?

My car has done 27650 miles and feels like its done 4 times that.

I experienced exactly the same - when my rattle saga started the dealer lent me 2.2 SD4 Prestige Lux 5dr for a week - it was perfect and so different to mine to drive - incomparable, an ex-demo so had probably had a hard life too. It was built a month earlier than mine in April 2012. I tried to get the leasing company to engineer a swap - if they had I'd still be in a LR product now and happy. As it happens the leasing company got silly with the net result that both they and ultimately LR lost a customer for life.

Delivered 15th May 2012, rejected and returned 4th Feb 2013 - SD4 5 door Prestige manual with a bucket full of rattles Mauritius Blue. Crazy Audi MY2020 RSQ3
05-05-2013 11:27pm