Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New range rover evoque
Shakeyjake

RE: New range rover evoque

(12-02-2016 05:37pm)davyo Wrote:  Thanks for the reply
Interesting comments

I am of the same opinion, 2014 Evoque, no problems or rattles but not so impressed that i will be back.

2014 Zanzibar PureTech - Delivered on 01/03/2014 at 00:01...
2003 Td5 Discovery 2 in Epsom Green, awaiting the long list of Faults which are bound to come.
2008 Triumph 675triple Daytona my sweet, my love, my precious....
Moved on from Jap Crap and looking forward to nothing but British Eccentricity.
13-02-2016 12:01am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Clip

Just in case you are new to car forums, you should realise that no matter what forum you are on (BMW, AUDI, TOYOTA, MAZDA, HONDA, MERCEDES BENZ, VW, etc etc), 90% of posts will be negative. I wouldn't buy any car if I took forum posts as my yard stick.
(This post was last modified: 13-02-2016 12:10am by Clip.)
13-02-2016 12:09am
Tony

(13-02-2016 12:09am)Clip Wrote:  Just in case you are new to car forums, you should realise that no matter what forum you are on (BMW, AUDI, TOYOTA, MAZDA, HONDA, MERCEDES BENZ, VW, etc etc), 90% of posts will be negative. I wouldn't buy any car if I took forum posts as my yard stick.

Your welcome to view the faults with my Evoque, I can pm the Reg no. and VIN which can be checked on line at any LR dealership for rectification work done. I can also supply photos of it sitting on the back of two recovery trucks. I have bought 19 new cars, six being LR products and the MY 14 Evoque was the worst for build and reliability - in fact it was worse than a 1999 Rover 600 I had the mis-fortune to lease for a short time.

Evoque Dynamic SD4 Lux Auto Total Rubbish, worst car I have owned - GONE AT LAST!
13-02-2016 12:20am
AndyFrance

I'm with Tony on this one.

I waited 8 months for mine to be built, and in the 3 months I've had it, I have a list as long as your arm of fault's and damage.

LR couldn't give a toss about the car now they have my money. To qualify this, I received a long email from the France CR tech manager yesterday. In that email he had the bloody cheek to threaten me with these words;

"I would like to remind you that according to the French Law, what bounds you and the dealer is the purchased order that you and La Rochelle signed. It is specified on that document that your car is a Range Rover Evoque SE Dynamic. (see Purchased Order attached)"

I don't call that good customer service. It's confrontational and discourteous. He's going to get a bloody shock next week, when I prove beyond any reasonable doubt that my car does not 100% comply with my order, which is what they keep banging on about. I was not asked to sign an updated contract after the last spec change before lockdown. I was going to let it go, because I think it's petty, but he was the dick that sent me a copy of the contract with hand written changes to it (changed after I had signed). He sent it to me basically saying that I have to abide by it under French Law. What an amateur!

According to the last contract I signed.............The car does not 100% comply.
(This post was last modified: 13-02-2016 02:29pm by AndyFrance.)
13-02-2016 10:00am
Jim C

(This post was last modified: 13-02-2016 05:00pm by Jim C.)
13-02-2016 04:55pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

The quality of build between RRS and Evoque is chalk and cheese and there is no excuse for Land Rover not to be able to produce well assembled rattle free cars out of Hailwood. They can do it as Freelander 2 was widely recognised for years to be the best assembled Land Rover product, even better than FFRR. I'm now on my 10th Land Rover product since 1996 and I can assure you that my 2014 built Evoque Dynamic Lux door was the worse built and most unreliable of all the cars that went before it. When it wanted to behave it was brilliant but plagued by rattles, when it wanted to misbehave it just destroyed DPF sensors and left me only able to drive in limp home mode until I could drive off a motorway and let the car do a full reset of it's systems, then it would be back to normal for a couple of days. I have never been so glad to see the back of a car as I was with that Evoque. I didn't want to return to big SUV's a s Evoque was an ideal size for me but I ended up returning to RRS and my current one is my 3rd since 2005. The build quality put that of my 2014 Evoque into the shade.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
13-02-2016 08:20pm
Jim C

I appreciate that those whose experience of the Evoque is less than perfect, must speak as they find, but to give a bit more balance here is a more positive review (updated from the one I posted some weeks ago on Evoque Owners Forum a few weeks ago).Very Happy

So, here are my impressions after 2 months (1800 miles) of ownership of an MY16 TD4 SE Tech Auto (12-way memory seats, reversing camera, mats and flaps, load space mat, spare wheel, service pack, in Corris Grey). Sorry if this looks like a long essay, but there is a lot to talk about.

ORDERING/DEALER EXPERIENCE

I don’t want to get too much into the ordering experience- it was fraught and I was badly hit by the Q545 quarantine, with very little information coming out of JLR. I actually felt sorry for my dealer/salesman (Listers of Droitwich) and they did make a significant ‘goodwill gesture’ plus a courtesy car when my situation got critical. The eventual handover was very professional, and I got the free umbrella and a bottle of the strong stuff!

LIKES (AND RELIEF)

The 9-speed auto. Its the first auto box I’ve had and I find it so smooth. I don’t recognize any of the significant ’lag’ or jerkiness others have reported. - but then I do drive quite ‘conservatively’.

Very smooth ride, quiet, refined diesel engine, great suspension and generally a great driver experience. Looking forward to trying the special programmes, but will do my Experience Day first (imminent).

Fuel economy is better than I expected. My best so far (by the trip computer) is 54.4 mpg, on a 102 mile journey on mixed motorway and country A roads at an average speed of 56 mph. At the last top up I calculated 47 mpg for mixed journeys, and I reckon this has improved by about 6% since I first had the car.

The 12 way electric, heated seats with memory function, I use all three, M1 for normal driving, M2 for reversing out of the garage (reducing seat height because of the auto-dipped external mirrors), and M3 for driving into a garage with not much spare room (higher and further forward to give me a better view of the position of the wing mirrors in relation to the door posts).

Build quality seems very good to me- previous car was an Audi A3 diesel. The interior looks well done to me- much more refined than the Disco Sport which I drove as a loan car while waiting for my car to arrive at the dealers.

Reversing camera- I find it extremely useful (probably essential for an old guy like me who cannot contort his head/body as he used to) and I have not experienced any of the often-reported fogging so far- touch wood

No Wonky Exhaust Syndrome- maybe it was corrected at PDI since I did mention to the salesman that I had heard several reports of WES via this Forum.

No misaligned tailgate!

Satnav seems perfectly OK to me – but maybe my expectations are not that high and I don't think anyone should just rely on satnav for guidance anyway.

I can get my golf bag (minus the driver) horizontally across the load space, and the rear parcel shelf does stow away behind the rear seats if you need to take it down.

DISLIKES/CONCERNS

I did have a ‘water in fuel’ warning light 2 days after purchase. Needed JLR Assist and dealer to replace faulty sensor/fuel filter unit- and had no problems since.

The interior lighting is weak- yes I could change it for LEDs- but can I be bothered (and I wonder whether it might affect the warranty).

I went for the rubber floor mats (and the load space mat). Three of the four mats are great- but why is the driver’s so small? OK I guess it is all about minimizing the risk of getting something trapped under the brake pedal- but is that really an issue with these tethered mats?

As others have said, the whole JLR/dealer/customer experience is not great. I expected and had factored in a long delivery time because I didn’t want the car before Sept 1st, but in the end I did not take delivery until November 28th- despite knowing that the car had been built on Sept 16th. No-one could tell me what happened in the intervening 8 or so weeks!

Start-stop. Most of my driving is on country roads or motorway, so that’s OK and I can see that S/S can marginally improve economy. But, for me it makes less sense in an auto and if I remember, I switch it off when in heavy traffic or town. It just doesn’t seem sensible to have S/S cutting in every time you come to a brief stop.

DETAILING ETC. I did this myself, over 2 days, and quite enjoyed doing it (sad I know)! Basically I used Valet Pro pH neutral snow foam, power rinsed but using low power for pressure sensitive areas (esp. camera), 2 bucket/microfibre mitt wash with Autoglym Shampoo/Conditioner, power rinse, clayed with G3 clay mitt and AG Rapid Detailer, towelled dry, polished with AG Super Resin Polish, finished off with AG Extra Gloss Finish. External glass treated with GTechniq G4/G5. Alloys cleaned with Land Rover VPLSW0066 Wheel Cleaner, protected when dry with AG Wheel Protector.
13-02-2016 08:47pm
AndyFrance

Jim,

First off, thanks for your contribution. A nice read, but it doesn’t really add balance as you yourself have admitted you’ve had a problem with the car. I do understand your point, and to be fair, there are plenty of happy customer’s out there. I’m pleased that you’re enjoying your Evoque, and long may that continue.

I've lurked on the other site. There are a few regular's there that couldn't praise the Evoque high enough when they first got their new car. A few month's on they're all moaning about them, having parts replaced and problem's rectified.

I think this may also add balance, but not in the way you intended. For my sins, and funnily enough, I’m proud to say that I have owned 2 Dacia’s. Still have 1, a 1.5d Duster. I also had the 900cc petrol Stepway. Great for school run's and shopping centre car parks. Both cracking cars and hand on heart never ever had any problem’s, build or motor’s. It’s a pity I can’t say that about my brand new Evoque.

To put some perspective on this. For the same money my Evoque cost me, I could buy 3 top of the range Duster’s or 4 top of the range Stepway’s. They don’t have many of the whistle’s or bang’s that the Evoque has, but they do have standard kit that the Evoque doesn’t (speed limiter) and they’re bulletproof.

Cheers
Andy
14-02-2016 10:00am
joypool

(13-02-2016 12:09am)Clip Wrote:  Just in case you are new to car forums, you should realise that no matter what forum you are on (BMW, AUDI, TOYOTA, MAZDA, HONDA, MERCEDES BENZ, VW, etc etc), 90% of posts will be negative. I wouldn't buy any car if I took forum posts as my yard stick.

Have to agree with this - whatever car / forum I have had, Merc, Audi, BMW etc etc the forum is a focus point for owners having problems with their particular car.

The overall impression is that, that model has lots of problems when in reality that model doesn't.

Thats no help to the owners who have paid out lots of money to buy their car and who are having problems - but the likely hood is you wont have problems.
(This post was last modified: 14-02-2016 11:34am by joypool.)
14-02-2016 11:33am
AndyFrance

Hi joypool,

Welcome!

Some member's may join to moan about their cars, but I joined this forum 8 months before I received my car. As I posted above, the same can be said of member's of the other site. They joined before delivery to find information and enjoy general chit chat etc. Now that they have their Evoque's it's a different story.

There's no doubt that there is a big problem with poor quality cars coming out of Halewood and LRCR appear to be in denial. Prospective buyer's should be made aware of this before they make the decision to buy or not to buy.

In my case JLR management have reminded me of my obligations under contract law, when I expected dialogue and assistance.

I'll shout this; I DO NOT RECOMMEND BUYING AN EVOQUE UNTIL QUALITY AND CUSTOMER SERVICE IMPROVES!*

Disclaimer: *As this could be a long long wait.
(This post was last modified: 14-02-2016 01:38pm by AndyFrance.)
14-02-2016 01:00pm