Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New member! Let the modification begin!
bangsters

RE: New member! Let the modification begin!

To me the kahn kit is not bad compared to the other kits out there. ALthough I would prefer to stick to the stock grill, just make it black. Looking forward to seeing your progress buddy.

I won an ebay auction for a set of euro spec signature lights. hopefully I get them next week. It would be my first mod for the car. Then black out roof and logo. Hopefully the lights I can install without issue. Although in the USA, we don't have DRLs enabled by default so not sure how I can get the signature light to turn on automatically upon ignition.

2014 Ipanema Sand Pure Plus. Mods to follow....
Images hosted on PixelsBin
(This post was last modified: 25-09-2014 08:23pm by bangsters.)
25-09-2014 08:20pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Bangsters, your dealer may be able to turn them on using their diagnostic system, they will have to enable the new lights anyway.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
25-09-2014 09:24pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bangsters

(25-09-2014 09:24pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Bangsters, your dealer may be able to turn them on using their diagnostic system, they will have to enable the new lights anyway.

Thanks. Did you have your dealer turn them on? I don't want to ask my dealer as I don't want them to freak out when I tell them I got signature headlights off ebay, and affect warranty or any hassle like that. Smile

25-09-2014 09:27pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim

In Europe DRLs are legally required on all new cars since 2010 so both my White Coupe and the Zanzibar 5 door came with them enabled

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
25-09-2014 09:35pm
bangsters

ahh... I envy you guys. I asked about the DRLs before and my sales rep told me that it's disabled in USA. She didn't even discussed about them being able to enable it lol

25-09-2014 09:57pm
XFullFatTim

You can get a plug in unit that you can use to change the settings via the port under the steering column where the diagnostic device gets plugged in. On US cars they may be disabled for type approval / homologation reasons to comply with some US construction rules

(This post was last modified: 25-09-2014 10:11pm by XFullFatTim.)
25-09-2014 10:10pm
bangsters

(25-09-2014 10:10pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  You can get a plug in unit that you can use to change the settings via the port under the steering column where the diagnostic device gets plugged in. On US cars they may be disabled for type approval / homologation reasons to comply with some US construction rules

Can you expound on that plug in unit? It goes in the OBDII? As for DRLs, I know it's not required here in the USA, but a lot of the other cars have them by default, like the audis and MBs. So not sure really why LR had to disable the DRL for US market.

25-09-2014 10:16pm
XFullFatTim

Two of the forum sponosrs - Bell Automotive and GAP Diagnostic sell units that will allow you to make the changes in the car's settings that you cannot access through the dash menus. In the early days of the forum some of us (me included) wanted to have Volvo style daylight running taillights, these can be enabled in the ECU as they are required in some European markets (Poland and Sweden IIRRC) but that could only be done at a dealer and they were not happy to enable the car for another market.
Yes that is the port that it plugs into, as far as I am aware there aren't any others.

(This post was last modified: 25-09-2014 10:32pm by XFullFatTim.)
25-09-2014 10:32pm
B_o_b_o

Did you have to also buy a ballast in order for the Xenons to light up? From what I can tell, HID Xenons require a ballast to power them.
30-09-2014 02:39pm
bangsters

(30-09-2014 02:39pm)B_o_b_o Wrote:  Did you have to also buy a ballast in order for the Xenons to light up? From what I can tell, HID Xenons require a ballast to power them.

my headlights came. AS far as I can tell they have the original ballasts intact. Actualy it looks like the headlights I got are brand new. No scuff marks, no scratches, no broken clips and even the lenses still have protective film on.

OK so now what is the next step? Simple swap?

17-10-2014 05:56am