Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New Range Rover Sport preview. Updated with ride and drive event.
Chrisr1806

RE: New Range Rover Sport preview. Updated with ride and drive event.

ShockedThud

I had a test drive in a new RRS today, I was amazed! I will have a long think and may place an order! Very Happy

Arrived: MY14.5 RRS HSE SDV6 in Loire Blue, Ivory interior, piano black trim, privacy glass,
panoramic sunroof, tow bar, mudflaps and full size spare Cool

Gone but not forgotten: 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE in Santorini Black, 19" Alloys, ebony interior,
piano black trim & grab handles, privacy glass, lux pack, rear spoiler, mudflaps and tow bar Very Happy
02-09-2013 05:53pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

I would hang back, if you read the threads over on RRSport.co.uk LR has again been caught out by demand for Panoramic sunroofs and the manufacturer cannot keep up with demand............ So orders for non- pano roof are going through the system much faster than the orders for cars with the pano- roof

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 02-09-2013 06:17pm by XFullFatTim.)
02-09-2013 06:16pm
J77

Sounds like the Evoque all over again except our ones were cracking Rolling Eyes

You not tempted Tim?

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
02-09-2013 07:18pm
Chrisr1806

I talked to the salesman about the pano roofs. He said that they should be available again in January, so if I were to order it would be ok for March delivery. Confused

Arrived: MY14.5 RRS HSE SDV6 in Loire Blue, Ivory interior, piano black trim, privacy glass,
panoramic sunroof, tow bar, mudflaps and full size spare Cool

Gone but not forgotten: 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE in Santorini Black, 19" Alloys, ebony interior,
piano black trim & grab handles, privacy glass, lux pack, rear spoiler, mudflaps and tow bar Very Happy
02-09-2013 08:26pm
RRSteve

(02-09-2013 07:18pm)J77 Wrote:  Sounds like the Evoque all over again except our ones were cracking Rolling Eyes

You not tempted Tim?

Personally I'd never order any car with any sort of glass in the roof! I've had a total of 4 cars with sunroofs of some description and I've had problems with all of them! Confused
03-09-2013 09:20am
PhilSkill

My Mazda's 8 years old, has a sunroof which I use all the time, never had an issue, really miss it.

But obviously any hole in the roof has a risk of leaking water in.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
03-09-2013 11:10am
RRSteve

I guess Land Rover know what they are doing and they have trialed the roof, but for me a hard inflexible glass section in a flexible thin metal roof just speaks future problems, especially if the car is used a lot off road! That could explain why it's so big.

It does look good inside so I can see the attraction, but I'll leave it thanks. Wink
03-09-2013 12:16pm
XFullFatTim

I've just seen my first two New RRS's on the forecourt of the local dealership - an SDv6 HSE Dynamic in Barolo and an SD6V Autobiog in Causeway Grey I think.................. both very beautiful cars but you really have to be a bit of an anorak to spot the difference when they are parked next to a New Range Rover too - the problem of the old RRS not really looking like a Range Rover (I think it had a striking similarity to the Mk2 P38A RR from the front) are now gone.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
03-09-2013 04:21pm
RRSteve

I drove the V6 diesel on the road and off road on that ride and drive day and the V8 petrol on the track. The V6 is the one to go for normal everyday use although the V8 is a monster!! The V6 sounds quite nice also.
(This post was last modified: 03-09-2013 04:57pm by RRSteve.)
03-09-2013 04:56pm
XFullFatTim

I see that there are now a lot of low miles 2012/2013 S/C's on the LR used website (ex management cars?) and I must admit I find one tempting. I will wait to see what the 4.4V8 SDV8 is priced at and what the next generation
engines that are coming on stream in the next 18 months before I commit myself. I've owned 2 RRS's since 2005 and the better was the 3.6TDv8. I really fancy making my retirement present to myself an S/C though......

03-09-2013 07:54pm