Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New Porsche Macan
BFGEvoqueMan

RE: New Porsche Macan

(20-11-2013 01:57pm)sco77harris Wrote:  the looks are not great, that rear end is UGLY .

Well it is a Tiguan underneath!

5 Dr SD4 Dynamic Plus (220PS!)
- Santorini Black with Indus Silver Roof
- Plus Pack (Agility Pimento/Ebony Oxford Leather)
- 20" Style 7 Alloy Wheels, Adaptive Bi-Xenon's with high beam assist, Aero Flip Spolier
- Keyless Entry, Privacy Glass, Auto dipping Interior Mirror, 825W stereo
20-11-2013 06:34pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

(20-11-2013 06:32pm)sco77harris Wrote:  Ye but that is the base price, add leather and you have a cayenne!

Not the Base Price, it's the price of my Spec Evoque, Pano Roof, Electric Tail, Aero Flip. As it is with the Macan, Pano roof, Reversing Cam. So it's as direct a comparison as I could get.

Standard Dynamic has Leather (as much as Car Leather is leather anyways) You mean the Plus seats would Add £3000, Which brings them very close with Auto box as well.

So if you're going High Spec Evoque, you could easily consider a Macan, where the Evoque wins is it's starting price is back down in the £29000, you can't get your Base Macan for that it starts at £43000

Of course it also wins on looks... Laughing

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
(This post was last modified: 20-11-2013 07:09pm by PhilSkill.)
20-11-2013 06:57pm
sco77harris

I could have one for the price of my new Evoque but I don't like the looks for starters.
20-11-2013 07:04pm
PhilSkill

But now you could of had a Macan... with 258Hp Wink

I would still choose the Evoque though too! Laughing

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
20-11-2013 07:11pm
jitenc

(20-11-2013 01:57pm)sco77harris Wrote:  Would love the engine but the looks are not great, that rear end is UGLY and as you said the options are a killer on porsches.

They make a point that car mats are included, I think that says it all.

I am still not too convinced. Is the design based on the old Nissan Almera???? My mother In law used to have one!

(20-11-2013 08:54pm)jitenc Wrote:  I am still not too convinced. Is the design based on the old Nissan Almera???? My mother In law used to have one!

Or:

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Got mine : Dynamic Fuji White with Lux Pack and black contrast roof.
Optional extras : Privacy glass, Heated steering wheel and TPMS.
Me: Very HappyVery Happy
(This post was last modified: 20-11-2013 08:55pm by jitenc.)
20-11-2013 08:54pm
BA74

Granted it doesn't look as good as the Evoque but what does???
If Land Rover don't add a performance model (RS or similar), I will definitely be checking out when my lease expires...

Gone - Range Rover Evoque - Si4 Pure - 5 Door Fuji White
20-11-2013 09:59pm
mark_n

The Macan, at least here in the UK, is positioned in a slot above the Evoque - spec'd up, the slowest and cheapest Macan is faster and more expensive than the fastest most expensive Evoque.

Their decision to make it in Leipzig compared to (mostly) Bratislava for the Cayenne means there is little blue sky between the two. LR will lose some sales of the Evoque to the Macan, maybe of the RRS as well. It will be interesting to see whether an Evoque RS could hack it against a Macan. The danger is that an RS will be all mouth and no trousers and the Macan turbo would wipe the floor with it.

I do have the feeling LR engine technology is lagging. There's no way LR could currently produce an engine like the twin turbo V6. OK, let's be honest, LR don't currently produce any engines at all, they all come from Ford in places like Bridgend or Mexico.

And yet... Here I am in Mull, wet, windy and the Evoque has been a joy. It's a handsome beast and it's a pity the access compromises in the coupe are there to detract from the closeness-to-the-concept and make it rather unpopular compared to the 5 door. I do agree, the RRS may have inherited some Evoque DNA but it's no Evoque.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
21-11-2013 02:45am
benzina

Hardly a baby Cayenne! Porsche may very well shoot themselves in the foot with this.... Unlike the Evoque which is a lot more compact then the RR Sport,in a real world sense,the Macan is too close to the Cayenne in size, and because of this, and the fact that it appears to be everything a Cayenne is but in a newer package, i think it will actually steal a lot of sales from the Cayenne if anything.
In my humble opinion,it should have been more compact,and bolder in it's design language, but on it's own merit, it looks to be a very nice car, and i definitely prefer it to the Cayenne.

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
(This post was last modified: 21-11-2013 02:09pm by benzina.)
21-11-2013 03:11am
timhum

It will undoubtedly be an excellent vehicle and as models with the smaller engines are rolled-out the pricing will be pretty well much the same as the Evoque. This should be good for keeping LR on their toes in respect of development and great for us in providing more choice.
These comments are from a very satisfied Evoque owner by the way.

Tim
Evoque SD4 Pure Tech, Auto, Orkney, Panoramic roof, dipping and folding mirrors
21-11-2013 12:47pm
PhilSkill

Just configured myself up a lovely Jag F-Type Coupe! Sadly that comes in just shy of £60000!

21-11-2013 04:32pm