Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New Member / New Order
DavidB

New Member / New Order

Hi everyone!

This is my first post as I have just discovered this forum. My Evoque is on order from Lookers of Bishop's Stortford. They have given me a delivery date of 8th May but with everything I've been reading here about InControl it looks a lot like it will slip - which is extremely depressing as I originally wanted the car on 1st March!!

This is what I am waiting for:

Evoque Diesel Coupe 2.2 SD4 Prestige Lux.
Indus Silver.
Cirrus/Lunar Oxford Leather with Dark Grey Oak Trim.
20" Style Six Wheels + Steel Spare.
Auto Dimming Rear View Mirror.
Privacy Glass.
Adaptive Xenon Headlights with LED signature lights + auto levelling, cornering lights and power wash.
High Beam Assistant.
InControl Remote & Secure.
Five year service plan

I seem to see very few coupes around and do not really know how JLR can justify an extra thousand pounds to have two fewer doors but a coupe it is for me!

So, that's me and my car ... I look forward to participating and getting stuck into the forum. I don't expect to have much to contribute to start with but will do my best!

David
15-03-2014 07:05pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: New Member / New Order

At the moment the cars specced with InControl are scheduled to start production on March 19th - there are a few people here waiting for them.............. so you may have to get in line!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
15-03-2014 07:40pm
DavidB

(15-03-2014 07:40pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  At the moment the cars specced with InControl are scheduled to start production on March 19th - there are a few people here waiting for them.............. so you may have to get in line!

Hopefully, I am already in line! My order went in at the start of Feb and I have been given 8th May as my delivery date ....

David
15-03-2014 08:22pm
MarkA_

New Member / New Order

(15-03-2014 07:40pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  At the moment the cars specced with InControl are scheduled to start production on March 19th - there are a few people here waiting for them.............. so you may have to get in line!

*taps foot repeatedly*

Now: MY14 Dynamic Mauritius Blue/Contrast Pano, IP, BP, PIP, Powered Tailgate, IncontrolR+S, etc.
History: '08 BMW 123d MSport Coupe, '01 Mini Cooper, '91 BMW 316i, '96 Mitsubishi FTO, '96 Mazda 323, '88 Holden Camira
15-03-2014 08:51pm
Evo-king

Welcome DavidB.

You are not familiar obviously with build delays associated with the RRE anywhere from 9-12 months in some cases.

Recently, some orders & builds have had a quite quick turnaround, this was most likely down to order spec and low orders on dealers books.

Tim placed his order back in September, and has had several "put backs" (In Control being the culprit) read his posts and you'll sense his anger.

Your car will be built after his.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
(This post was last modified: 16-03-2014 08:44am by Evo-king.)
16-03-2014 08:43am
XFullFatTim

The dealer I have been using in London is quoting August/September delivery for orders placed now! They have no cars in stock either and dare not sell the demo cars for fear that they will not be replaced. It's all good for residuals

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 16-03-2014 10:50am by XFullFatTim.)
16-03-2014 10:47am
DavidB

New Member / New Order

Bloody hell! That worries me a lot! I did ask the sales rep and she assured me that the delivery date was definite - sounds like they are misleading her as well! If it slips too far then I'll have to rethink completely and perhaps buy something else!!

David

Diesel Coupe 2.2 SD4 Prestige Lux. Orkney Grey. Privacy Glass. Cirrus/Lunar with Dark Grey Oak Trim.
20" Style Six Wheels + Steel Spare. Auto dimming Rear View Mirror. Adaptive Xenon Headlights.
16-03-2014 07:03pm
XFullFatTim

She may have more allocation or unsold allocation which would make a difference

16-03-2014 08:38pm