Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New Drive Review
chiggy

New Drive Review

http://watoday.drive.com.au/new-car-revi...1pvwk.html

What I don't understand is that they reviewed the first ever Coupe SUV, and then state that the rear seating is too tight.

I don't know about you, but surely that's expected of a coupe? Just as an example, the 3 series sedan and 3 series coupe. I'm pretty sure the 3 series coupe is much more compact in the rear seat compared to the sedan. However I'm 100% sure no reviews will say its "tight at the rear".

You can't expect it to be a Mercedes S-Class rear seat.

I don't understand Drive's reviews sometimes.

Also the fact that you're paying for options that other cars don't have and then complaining that the options list is too large and expensive? how does that work?

Normal sunroof for AUDI - approximately $2300. Panoramic sunroof (looks much much better) - $1350 or something similar.

Xenon lights - $1600? can't remember exactly. Audi - more than $2k.

And how on earth is the Evoque compared to a Toyota FJ Cruiser? They're not even in the same league!

and then a Passat CC?? REALLLY? Who writes these reviews over at Drive.

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
13-01-2012 01:49am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
sethor

RE: New Drive Review

(13-01-2012 01:49am)chiggy Wrote:  Also the fact that you're paying for options that other cars don't have and then complaining that the options list is too large and expensive? how does that work?

Normal sunroof for AUDI - approximately $2300. Panoramic sunroof (looks much much better) - $1350 or something similar.

Xenon lights - $1600? can't remember exactly. Audi - more than $2k.

I think its too large, more items should be standard. The tech packs minus the electric tailgate should be standard on the Dynamic & Prestige. Also having rear A/C vents as a $190 option is just a joke. Price wise options are cheaper than most other European brands, I also looked at the Audi Q5 Sat Nav was a $6k option which is suject to LCT on petrol models that works out $7980. If you think that is an expensive option one of the 20" wheel options was over $10k.

Fuji White Dynamic Si4
(This post was last modified: 13-01-2012 02:29am by sethor.)
13-01-2012 02:26am
chiggy

I agree on some things - like rear vents and auto dimming rear view mirror should be standard on the pure for example.

But they test drove a prestige and you already get bigger touchscreens than the pure and bigger screens than other rivals also... its actually touchscreen!

I'm sure none of the other cars have "Adaptive Dynamics".

No other cars offer the same variety of options through to model lines through to engine lines through to body styles... there's 12 different body options you can have and on top of that different colours and themes inside as well. Add to that all the extras you can add on that aren't even available on other cars... and you've already got a car that's beaten rivals without even having a test drive.

Don't get me wrong, I think the Q5 was one of the best looking SUV's in the market until the evoque came along and the X3's reliability and fuel economy are quite a winner.... you just don't get that great feeling of owing a great car with those anymore.

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
13-01-2012 02:36am
memota

Audi's pricing has got much better since MY12 came on line btw.

I actually did a comparison of the 'Luxe pack" they have in the UK vs. the prices for options here. In the UK Luxe pack is AUD$6700 (equivalent), the same items here would cost $12,375.

Same with the Dynamic Plus seating, almost double here.

The base car is about 30% more here (as with all Land Rover products) than in the UK and I think that's before LCT.

I really do think we are being charged way too much here - look at the chatter from some of our US and Canadian cousins about >$100k cars here. Just look on Carsales and they are almost ALL over $100k (as was the one I was going to get).

The nagging feeling that we're being ripped off is putting me off and I haven't ordered - once you look around at what else you can get for that money it opens up the choices.

The Pure is still good value but once you step up the model range it gets too much to stomach, unless you can afford a 'toy'.
Oh, and I meant to come in here to respond to the Drive review. I don't get it, it's almost a non-review.

I've noted that Drive / The Age / SMH seem not as into the car as other publications.
(This post was last modified: 13-01-2012 07:45am by memota.)
13-01-2012 07:43am
sethor

We as Australians have been conditioned to pay more, I cry everytime I see the US BMW M3 price.

Fuji White Dynamic Si4
13-01-2012 11:52am
Biker

I agree with the comparisons. It is like comparing apples to tomatoes, just because they belong to category fruit.

And complaining about a Coupe with limited rear leg room and load space. For crying in a bucket, why complain if you buy one? Rather buy a hearse if you need load space. Or a truck.
No sane man will buy this as a primary mode of transport for a family of 5. Sometimes I think they come up with this crap just for the sake of filling up the space in the article.

TD4 180 HSE MY17 Fuji White
13-01-2012 12:13pm
chiggy

I just think there's no logic sometimes to the article. Who is going to buy a coupe SUV to carry a family of 5?

They actually do think of just things to write to make the article look longer than it should - make it look like a pretty detailed review whether sensible or not.

We definitely pay through the nose for cars here. It is over the top, but all the taxes etc etc etc. Its just a lost cause.

And the fact that importing your own car is just such a massive hassle and issue makes it close to impossible to do it.

13-01-2012 12:29pm
lngrn36

(13-01-2012 12:13pm)Biker Wrote:  I agree with the comparisons. It is like comparing apples to tomatoes, just because they belong to category fruit.

And complaining about a Coupe with limited rear leg room and load space. For crying in a bucket, why complain if you buy one? Rather buy a hearse if you need load space. Or a truck.
No sane man will buy this as a primary mode of transport for a family of 5. Sometimes I think they come up with this crap just for the sake of filling up the space in the article.

Exactly. I bought mine to replace a standard cab truck. I don't care one hoot about toting anybody "back there". I wanted a coupe. I test drove and bought this coupe. I love this coupe!
I'm sorry y'all have to pay so much...
Sad

Tim
Evoque Coupe Pure+
SI4 - Auto
Sumatra Black - Ebony/Ebony
Climate package
Satellite Radio
13-01-2012 12:49pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Barneyridge

Here is another one I saw today. SD4 Pure 5 Door tested

http://www.motoring.com.au/reviews/2012/...test-28452

Pure TD4, Fiji, Auto, Pan Roof + Extras - Delivered Very Happy
(This post was last modified: 23-01-2012 07:01am by Barneyridge.)
23-01-2012 07:01am
chiggy

I love reading some of the comments sometimes.

Its funny how so many people can dislike the car!

I love the comment, BarneyRidge, where someone says that the Freelander 2 beats the Evoque hands down..... classic!

23-01-2012 07:36am