Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New Disco Sport
Briany22

RE: New Disco Sport

(21-03-2015 10:35am)Tony Wrote:  Briany 22

Did the dealer not give you a printed 'New Vehicle Order' form generated from the dealerships ordering system, I think they should have, we have had same with our last three LR new purchases. A carbon copy is a bit Arthur Daley bomb site used car dealer.

I would reject the car, sweeteners are OK but if its not what you ordered or meets your needs you will be unhappy with it.

If you need to boot the complaint to the top in JLR then pm me, I have Dr S's contact details.

Thanks for that but just been to the dealers and they are now saying they can retro fit powerfold mirrors and they will bare the extra costs such as new mirrors. Why did they not suggest this yesterday!!,at least everything is now back on track and I am due to pick the Evoque up on Wednesday, unfortunately I am too wary to get excited about it and do not believe that this will be the end of the saga

Thanks again for your good advice

2015 kaikoura stone pure Evoque auto black roof privacy fogs mud flaps mats powerfold and auto lights and wipers

Gone to new home 2012 FRL 2 SD4 GS auto with seat surgeon full leather
21-03-2015 05:49pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tony

(21-03-2015 05:49pm)Briany22 Wrote:  Thanks for that but just been to the dealers and they are now saying they can retro fit powerfold mirrors and they will bare the extra costs such as new mirrors. Why did they not suggest this yesterday!!,at least everything is now back on track and I am due to pick the Evoque up on Wednesday, unfortunately I am too wary to get excited about it and do not believe that this will be the end of the saga

Thanks again for your good advice

Looks like you have a good outcome and hope all works out well for Wednesday. Some dealers will go out of their way to sort these things but unfortunately many still live in the old 'British Leyland' world where they will try and fob you off with any rubbish excuse.

Enjoy the new car!

Evoque Dynamic SD4 Lux Auto Total Rubbish, worst car I have owned - GONE AT LAST!
21-03-2015 05:57pm
speedbird

Good outcome. The fact that they have said that means one way or another you will get a car with power fold. If their retrofit doesn't work they will have to get you another car. By offering you this they have in a way taken liability. Good luck for Wednesday.
21-03-2015 06:13pm
markdartj

I keep reading about poor build quality, but after driving my RRE, Pure Premium for almost a year now, it's still as solid as the day I bought it. I've had this theory that units built for export to North America may be held to a higher standard (I know that in terms of safety and emissions this is true). Has anyone else on the far side of the world have the same experience? Still pretty rare where I live. See a lot of LR2, LR4, and RRS. Lot of people asking me about my car when I'm filling up with petrol. I'm happy as a clam with my purchase.

As for the new Disco Sport, from what I've seen, it looks a lot like the Toyota Highlander. That big C-pillar looks the same. We downsized from a Toyota FJ Cruiser and going from the Evoque to the Disco Sport wouldn't make sense for us.

2014 Fuji White Pure PremiumWink
(This post was last modified: 22-03-2015 08:57pm by markdartj.)
22-03-2015 08:44pm
J77

Well, LR have finally lifted the embargo on the DSs that have been affected by the BARF (boot access remote fold) problems, so after sitting in my dealers compound for a week, I can now take delivery on Friday. I'm looking forward to it, it's been a long wait since May 2014.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
25-03-2015 08:44pm
J77

Picked it up today, very pleased with it.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
28-03-2015 12:56am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

very nice J. My RRS will have the 22" version of those wheels.- pictures to come this eveing

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
28-03-2015 07:31am
Phil.

My wife swapped her 2012 Evoque Dynamic for a DS last weekend. We lost £12k over 3 years and 33k miles. The DS is a HSE Auto with the black pack. She likes the improvement in ride, transmission, comms and higher seating position, over the Evoque.

[Image: DS1_zpsjskdo4uv.jpg]

[Image: DS5_zpslbpgv3qh.jpg]

[Image: DS3_zps4oxwnx32.jpg]

[Image: DS4_zpscibobcq5.jpg]
28-03-2015 02:38pm
Devonian

That looks amazing Phil. Best looking DS I've seen so far. The red and black go really well together.

2012-2014: Dynamic SD4 Auto Lux Coupe. Santorini Black, Style 7 20" Shadow wheels, Privacy Glass, Adaptive Xenons, High Beam Assist, Solar Attenuating Glass and black Dynamic Plus pack. Sold back to Land Rover due to many build quality issues.
On order: Corris Grey Dynamic SD4 5 door, black contrast pan roof, blind spot indicators, Intelligence Pack, Head Up Display, Solar Glass, 825W Stereo and powered tailgate.
28-03-2015 03:56pm
markdartj

(21-03-2015 07:42am)Briany22 Wrote:  Was in the stealers yesterday and they had a new DS prepped and ready for hand over. It was an all black model and tbh I don't think I have ever seen such an unassuming new car def did nothing for me. I mentioned this to the salesman and he more or less agreed that the black did nothing for the model however he then went on to say that they were only too pleased to be able to supply the car as a lot of the new DS models had been put into quarantine due to rear seat problems causing Heath and Safety issues. So much for March delivery dates!

I then went to look at my new Evoque that had just arrived and ended up blowing my top the car has arrived minus added powerfold mirrors what a nightmare this whole deal has been. The salesman denies that I had requested powefold mirrors even though he knew that I had insisted that I had to be able to get the car into the garage.....

Considering the folding mirrors only fold a couple of inches at the most, I would think this shouldn't be a problem, aside from the fact that you paid for them, and ordered them, and should have received them. If your garage is so tight that the mirrors have to be folded in, how do you open the doors to get out once you've parked inside? Serious question, I am curious.

2014 Fuji White Pure PremiumWink
29-03-2015 01:59am