Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New Disco Sport
Stadt Panzer

New Disco Sport

Not trying to be funny but the one thing that puts me off the car are the stupid LR badges on the C puller. Didn't like them on the freelander and I don't like them on the disco sport.

Somewhere in the North Sea.
28-09-2014 09:18am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
J77

RE: New Disco Sport

(27-09-2014 11:41pm)muff Wrote:  Seems they are trying to convince consumers that we buyers absolutely must have their product and we don't have minds of our own - just like BMW's 'ultimate driving machine' bullshit. If my local Land Rover dealer tries to tell me I can have a restricted test drive slot in a que then it's time to call time on LR ownership. I like my evoque and RRS before it and i'm seriously considering the new RRS and 'discovery sport' for SWMBO - but there is equally good cars out there from sensible manufacturers to satisfy most of our needs

The test drive is fine, it's a preview of the car before it goes on sale to prospective buyers. You can book as much as you like, I'm taking two, one in the manual and one in the auto.

The only thing bugging me is why advanced orders are being put back until March, why can't I get it in January when it goes on sale.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
28-09-2014 01:13pm
B_o_b_o

I wonder if they squeak, rattle, and buzz?

(21-09-2014 10:29pm)THEMACS Wrote:  I have saw two in as many days on the road, didn't think they were out yet, one today in Warrington on a 14 plate, looked fabulous and makes the Evoque look very dated!!

It's just the whole 'new' thing. Eventually, they will become commonplace and folk won't bat an eyelid. There are loads of Evoques where I live and it increasingly becomes 'the norm'. I wouldn't get swept up in the hype. It's just a new car.
(This post was last modified: 30-09-2014 09:29am by B_o_b_o.)
30-09-2014 09:26am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Autocar Magazine headline today for their 1200 mile road test of the DS states "So good it puts Evoque in the shade!" or words to that effect...............

Found this photochop image made by one of the G4 Owners Club members over on their forum, looks good in Tangiers Orange with all the rufty tufty toys!
[Image: 548542c9-565d-4b8c-a392-7019.jpg]

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 10-12-2014 05:25pm by XFullFatTim.)
10-12-2014 05:17pm
PhilSkill

HSE starts above £37000, you need to add an expensive pack for Navigation, even ambient lighting is extra, have to go to HSE Lux to get perforated seats... is it me or this seems more expensive than the Evoque, I was expecting this to be a Freelander replacement so a cheaper option to the Evoque!

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
10-12-2014 09:57pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

It isn't you, LR has always had a pricing policy where when a new model is launched they pitch it at a high price and then within a year all the existing products will get a 5-10% hike too to re-structure the pricing back to make DS lower than an Evoque. Also for the first year, just like Evoque you won't be able to take delivery of a lower spec car as they restrict production of lower spec cars and produce more of the high revenue earning high spec cars like they did with the Evoque launch................. LR has been doing it for a long time. Next year when Disco5 comes online it too will have an optimisticly high price and then all the other models will again get a price hike 12 months after that.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 11-12-2014 08:08am by XFullFatTim.)
11-12-2014 08:07am
PhilSkill

I guess while they can't stop selling they'll keep piling the price on... can't work forever though! There are other excellent cars out there.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
11-12-2014 02:51pm
J77

Navigation standard on HSE, in fact standard on all but SE. It's the hard drive system that's an option the standard system is SD card. Ambient lighting standard just customer Configurable lighting is an option something I never used on my Evoque it always stayed blue.

I've got my test drive next week, looking forward to it. I was impressed with build quality it felt solid so I'm hoping the drive doesn't dissapoint, I doubt it a few that have driven it say it's fantastic, especially with the auto.

I'm still struggling with colour, I've got Loire Blue on order but thinking about Indus

EDIT - Had a quick look at specs

DS HSE standard kit
Xenons
Leather
Power tailgate
Keyless entry
Pano roof
Lane departure warning
19"alloys
Electric seats
5+2 seating (that nobody wants)
Auto dimming mirror

No CD player in the DS unless you go for Expensive entertainment package

I'm not sure a specced up Evoque would be any better value. Unless you want a CD playerLaughing

£38,435 to get a pure tech 5dr manual with the same kit as the DS HSE Embarrassed sorry I was bored

(This post was last modified: 11-12-2014 10:12pm by J77.)
11-12-2014 09:22pm
J77

Tim my original spec was entry level SE and delivery was expected in March my revised spec HSE is still March, I don't think LR are going down that route this time.

According to Sun motors 3 in every 4 are HSE or LUX spec

(This post was last modified: 11-12-2014 11:21pm by J77.)
11-12-2014 11:21pm
Chrisr1806

Loire blue is the best. Cool

Arrived: MY14.5 RRS HSE SDV6 in Loire Blue, Ivory interior, piano black trim, privacy glass,
panoramic sunroof, tow bar, mudflaps and full size spare Cool

Gone but not forgotten: 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE in Santorini Black, 19" Alloys, ebony interior,
piano black trim & grab handles, privacy glass, lux pack, rear spoiler, mudflaps and tow bar Very Happy
12-12-2014 12:27pm