Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New Disco Sport
J77

RE: New Disco Sport

I thought Discovery Sport was pretty lame, but F-Pace takes the biscuit. It looks nice but can't see me swapping my Land Rover for one.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
12-01-2015 10:56pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

I believe that is the factory designation, like Evoque is L588 or something, current FFRR is L405 etc. They already have the Sportback or whatever it is for the XF Estate, so it will be an XE of some sort? And it will get its official launch at the Detroit Motorshow.
What a shame that the UK Motorshows are held in such low esteem by UK car makers that they won't launch new models in the UK, shame on you JLR

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 13-01-2015 05:50am by XFullFatTim.)
13-01-2015 05:49am
Earl grey

(13-01-2015 05:49am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  I believe that is the factory designation, like Evoque is L588 or something, current FFRR is L405 etc. They already have the Sportback or whatever it is for the XF Estate, so it will be an XE of some sort? And it will get its official launch at the Detroit Motorshow.
What a shame that the UK Motorshows are held in such low esteem by UK car makers that they won't launch new models in the UK, shame on you JLR

That really is it's name.....

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/motor-...d-2016-suv

2014 Pure Tech, Orkney Grey with Black Pano Roof, Folding Mirrors, Privacy Glass and Front Fog Lights
13-01-2015 02:31pm
jitenc

F-pace. Like the advert, but not the name.
(This post was last modified: 14-01-2015 01:52pm by jitenc.)
14-01-2015 12:35am
Jeroma

(22-09-2014 05:33pm)MrNoo Wrote:  Land Rover had 2 on their stand at the Southampton Boat Show. Both unlocked and available for the public to sit in but obviously not drive.
-------------------------------------------------
It seems now there are more available on a boat.

Yesterday I brought my Evoque for the first check. At the occasion of the Brussels Motor Show I saw a rather sad looking Disco Sport in the show room, all white looked a little bit like a refrigirator. So I asked the dealer if he could not have found something better for the introduction.

Yes Yes, he responded, we had 4 cars on order to be delivered a week ago but they are now on a sandbank in the Solent. It seems that most Discovery Sports for Belgium are for the moment located at the same place.

What a shame, should be ready for the srap yard very soon.

Evoque MY2014 ED4 Pure Tech in Aintree Green - Almond/Expresso, priv. glass, rear camera etc...
other cars in house: Renault Megane CC
1960 Triumph TR3A in BRG - on Webers
1970 Triumph TR6PI in jasmine on EFI
20-01-2015 03:51pm
Devonian

(12-01-2015 07:58pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  Hi Tim, I saw the news article as well and they said recruiting at Solihull, which means even if it's the same platform as the Evoque, it wont be done on the same production line. Guess Halewood is at Max capacity.

Don't quote me on this but I thought I'd read that the new Jag was on a brand new adaptable aluminium platform. I love the look of the new Jag personally. I've only owned my latest Evoque for 10 days but have that car in the back of my mind ready for 3 years time! Wink

2012-2014: Dynamic SD4 Auto Lux Coupe. Santorini Black, Style 7 20" Shadow wheels, Privacy Glass, Adaptive Xenons, High Beam Assist, Solar Attenuating Glass and black Dynamic Plus pack. Sold back to Land Rover due to many build quality issues.
On order: Corris Grey Dynamic SD4 5 door, black contrast pan roof, blind spot indicators, Intelligence Pack, Head Up Display, Solar Glass, 825W Stereo and powered tailgate.
20-01-2015 06:59pm
m_101

Devonian I agree. I don't care so much about the name but I do really like the looks of the thing. If it's built at a different factory then perhaps it will actually be built like the other jags ie properly!
I'm pretty sure in 2 years time my wife is getting the evoque and I'm going to get a year-old F-pace. If they depreciate like other jags at the moment then it shouldn't be too expensive either! Wink

5 door MY12 Fuji Dynamic Plus with shadow chromes, santorini contrast roof, power tailgate and a couple of added rattles!
Mods - Black RR bonnet vents, Side steps, Silicone rear wiper, rear sill protector, rear sill plates, LED interior lighting conversion, 2014 Sat Nav update.
20-01-2015 09:48pm
J77

It's a nice looking car but if I was going down the Jag route it would have to be an XJ.

It just shows how little car manufacturers think of the United Kingdom, we spend just as much as other markets. Even LR don't offer their home market the full range of options, LR would've sold a lot more Disco Sports if they offered 5 seats plus tow pack like other markets.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
20-01-2015 10:40pm
Devonian

(20-01-2015 09:48pm)m_101 Wrote:  Devonian I agree. I don't care so much about the name but I do really like the looks of the thing. If it's built at a different factory then perhaps it will actually be built like the other jags ie properly!
I'm pretty sure in 2 years time my wife is getting the evoque and I'm going to get a year-old F-pace. If they depreciate like other jags at the moment then it shouldn't be too expensive either! Wink

I love the current futuristic interior of the concept car. It would be great if they were brave and didn't change that too much. I may be being over optimistic there perhaps!

2012-2014: Dynamic SD4 Auto Lux Coupe. Santorini Black, Style 7 20" Shadow wheels, Privacy Glass, Adaptive Xenons, High Beam Assist, Solar Attenuating Glass and black Dynamic Plus pack. Sold back to Land Rover due to many build quality issues.
On order: Corris Grey Dynamic SD4 5 door, black contrast pan roof, blind spot indicators, Intelligence Pack, Head Up Display, Solar Glass, 825W Stereo and powered tailgate.
20-01-2015 10:42pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Evoque started out in life as the LRX design exercise and got so much good comment and loads of deposits taken at dealerships three years before it went into production that LR knew that they had a winner on their hands before there even had a working one! The only changes between the model shown at Detroit and the final production car were proper wing mirrors instead of cameras on stalks and a lower pedestrian friendly bonnet. That was it!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
23-01-2015 07:39pm