Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Need to get an order placed - help appreciated
JonnyA

I'll cut to the chase; my wife is due to have our first child in November. Naturally, I'm delighted about this but if there's any downside it's that my Audi TT, which I love, has to go. Not much room for a baby seat in there! My car is probably the one luxury I afford myself, so I'm torn between the need to have a 'nice' car and keeping as much money spare for junior when he or she arrives in a few months.

I, and more importantly, my wife really likes the Evoque. We've pretty much settled on it over the other options we've looked at however at the same time it's also the most expensive, and right at the top end of what we want to spend.

I particularly like the Dynamic, especially the exterior styling, but I just can't justify spending £40k on a car right now. So that leaves me looking at taking a Pure Tech and adding bigger wheels and Xenons to it (the Dynamic exhaust styling isn't available as an upgrade, is it?).

I've had a few preliminary conversations with dealers, but given the impending arrival of our first born I really need to get the ball rolling. And given the expense I know I've got coming, I'm more determined than ever to make sure I get the best deal going. I realise that the Evoque has been hugely popular and therefore Land Rover presumably aren't in a hurry to heavily discount, but I wondered where exactly I should be looking for concessions.

Will Land Rover generally knock anything off the list price? Will they throw-in any add-on's of significance? Can they do any better than the standard 7.9% APR they seem to offer on PCP contracts (appreciate that's already fairly decent for the motor trade)? In a nutshell, what sort of deal should I be looking for before I sign on the dotted line?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Jonny
(This post was last modified: 01-07-2013 09:23pm by JonnyA.)
01-07-2013 09:19pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
chapmac

Welcome. Do a search there have been a couple of threads on discounts in the last few months. I managed 5% and someone else said they got 10% but I think that was on an in stock model. Be aware that MY14 is soon to be announced no specs yet but by the time you get yours then it should be available You need to check which MY you will get. I don't think there will be major changes unless you are going for an auto.
I would strongly recommend the pano roof if you have kids in the back. Mine love it.
Also if you like the dynamic look you can buy the bits and covert it but its not cheap. Again look through the modification bit of the forum there are a few who have done it. Duckworth parts are who you want. A cheap and easy thing to do is to swap the pure grille for a dynamic one. Costs about £150 and takes all of 5 mins to do. I did this and it makes a huge difference IMO.

Good luck!

ED4 Pure Tech in Santorini Black with privacy glass, panoramic roof, front fogs and anthractite headlining. Added 19" Style 3 wheels and dynamic grille
02-07-2013 09:38am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Need to get an order placed - help appreciated

Do you really need to buy a new one? There are plenty of low miles used ones around and you might even get a Dynamic Plus 5 door ( wouldn't advise the 3 door until junior is a bit bigger and only needs a booster cushion as getting car seats in and out of a coupe with ruin your back!). Good pace to start are our forum sponsors, lookers park royal, , Hadley green land rover and Duckworths all list their cars on the Land Rover approved used website lists.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
02-07-2013 10:24am
timhum

RE: Need to get an order placed - help appreciated

We've got a Pure Tech auto with just a couple of extras on and am completely satisfied with it, I don't feel that bigger wheels etc add anything to the car other than cost. As an alternative to the Evoque and in the TT theme why not get a Golf Gti, very practical and great fun.
Tim
02-07-2013 11:00pm