Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
NOT GOOD ENOUGH
richardk

RE: NOT GOOD ENOUGH

(17-10-2011 07:11pm)Spiderman Wrote:  I'd advise any disgruntled client awaiting delivery to call round the Dealership Channel as there are ready made Evoques sitting in their showrooms awaiting buyers, you may have to buy one outside of your area, but there are plenty out there just now....so don't complain, use your fingers and start calling round!

Ditto
Cancelled my order after getting frustrated by non explained delays and bought a built car from a dealer. All dealerships have cars available; I assume they are giving existing deposit holders first pick. Farnell had a delivery of 6, but the daft extras like black alloys sent me shopping elsewhere!
17-10-2011 07:18pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
rchrdleigh

Having driven both the Evoque and a Q5 I'd be prepared to wait for the Evoque rather than opt for second or third best by buying a Q5.
17-10-2011 07:54pm
exigejoe

^^We felt the same way; our 2nd choice was a Merc GLK350

Lotus Exige (aspen white) with VF supercharger kit, 413hp, 366lb/ft
Range Rover Evoque in fuji white and almond/espresso interior
2013 Audi A7 3.0T supercharged
17-10-2011 07:57pm
hybris

Q5 is kind of boring looks. Audis do play the "one sausage in different length" game. Meaning they all look the same and kind of boring...

The Mercs do have a lot of quality issues is what I have heard.

BMW X3 is a superb car but not a looker.

Porsche Cayenne is a good option but long delivery.

BMW X6 LCI that arrives this spring plus performance package is a looker and superb engines but delivery will be summer and more expensive car.

Not that many options in the SUV space to compete with the Evoque to be honest.

I truly love my X5 (E70) but don't want to change it to the same kind of car. If the totally new X5 would be out I would probably have that as a real option. Will not be out until 2013 and no clue how it will look.

Then there is next generation Ranger Rover / Range Rover Sport. Evoque looks? Mileage? Sounds like a cool car!

Order of Evoque Dynamic cancelled due to delays and no information on delivery date. Wish you all the best of luck and hope you will receive your cars soon. Its a lovely car! Many thanks for all great answers and feedback on this forum! Take care! Cheers! /Hybris
17-10-2011 08:02pm
BOBM4N

All very good points above.

Don't get me wrong, I love this car and have been looking forward to taking delivery since the £1k was deposited. Perhaps it's the salesman in me knowing that none of my customers would put up with an experience similar to this and there would be huge pressure to exceed expectation.

I hear back from the dealer on Wednesday as to if they can still meet their original date (fingers crossed)

Depending on that response I will look at other dealers to see what is available and when.

Failing that if I were to go Q5 or X5/X6 I would go for a 6 month old car anyway as there is little point buying a brand new model when your preferred configuration will likely be available somewhere.

Finally Arrived 06/02/12 Very Happy :

Dynamic SD4 Auto - Fuji White/Vortex, Pan Roof, Privacy
17-10-2011 08:52pm
hybris

You can buy mine! But I guess the driver seat is on the wrong side! Wink

Order of Evoque Dynamic cancelled due to delays and no information on delivery date. Wish you all the best of luck and hope you will receive your cars soon. Its a lovely car! Many thanks for all great answers and feedback on this forum! Take care! Cheers! /Hybris
17-10-2011 08:54pm
Evo-king

(17-10-2011 07:11pm)Spiderman Wrote:  I'd advise any disgruntled client awaiting delivery to call round the Dealership Channel as there are ready made Evoques sitting in their showrooms awaiting buyers, you may have to buy one outside of your area, but there are plenty out there just now....so don't complain, use your fingers and start calling round!

I tried that today, admittedly was looking for a diesel, only 8 dealers with demo cars which in theory I could buy. Apart from a white one the rest were silver and prestige models.

Not what I want, my only other option was a showroom Pure SD4 with xenons and with style pack, no tech pack, which isn't available until Jan 2012.

Trouble is I/we want a Pure, but don't want halogens, so am somewhat stuck, having to think about ordering a Dynamic now.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
17-10-2011 09:08pm
Evoqess

We really are a spoilt bunch at times Wink
Good things are worth waiting for and I stand my ground on that point- until I get notified of a delivery delay that is hehe!
No, I promise I won't complain if there is a delay although being carless is a huge adjustment and right royal P.I.T.A!!
For Q5 inferiority topics please see forum Smile

Evoque fan who used to drive Shocked a Pure, Fuji, 19" style 4 alloys, heated everything, rear cam, power tailgate, pan roof, privacy glass etc
17-10-2011 09:09pm
BOBM4N

Seems the xenon issue is affecting all models now anyway Sad

Finally Arrived 06/02/12 Very Happy :

Dynamic SD4 Auto - Fuji White/Vortex, Pan Roof, Privacy
17-10-2011 09:15pm
Evo-king

(17-10-2011 09:15pm)BOBM4N Wrote:  Seems the xenon issue is affecting all models now anyway Sad

OK. Here's my dilemma and thoughts.

I'm happy with the Pure if it has xenons. My suggested build/delivery if I order tomorrow is June, but as I cannot specify xenons, the build may come forward.

Some customers are being told their Pure delivery dates have come forward and good luck to them, because of the lack of xenons issue.

My dealer is saying I can cancel the order if at the end no xenons become available, but if they did how would I get it added to my build.

I don't want to bang on about this, it is just that it is so frustrating.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
17-10-2011 09:27pm