Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My Orkney Grey, Si4 Dynamic Lux Coupe
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: My Orkney Grey, Si4 Dynamic Lux Coupe

I now know of 4 owners of Black Evoques who have had a bad scratch on the bonnet on delivery, I wonder if there is a link like a poor handling process on the line or in transporting it that makes black ones more prone to bonnet damage?
Spiderman, of the forum had a whole new bonnet fitted

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 03-06-2012 02:52pm by XFullFatTim.)
03-06-2012 02:51pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
flurberman

http://www.platinum-car-care.com/wpress/...rotection/

Pictures of my car being protected with Gtechniq Exo.

If anyone is looking for this to be done, these guys did a great job.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Orkney Grey, Si4 Dynamic Coupe with LUX pack, privacy glass, 20" shadow chrome wheels, heated steering wheel, adaptive xenons, TPMS & contrast panoramic roof.
06-07-2012 04:26pm
Ianpembs

(06-07-2012 04:26pm)flurberman Wrote:  http://www.platinum-car-care.com/wpress/...rotection/

Pictures of my car being protected with Gtechniq Exo.

If anyone is looking for this to be done, these guys did a great job.

Wow looks great and gives you peace of mind, my OG Prestige due in August and dealer asked if I wanted a similar treatment. I think it worth doing then he quoted £499 which I thought steep and may be rushed by dealer, I was wondering if the dealer price is standard for this type of treatment or is it a inflated price dont really want to know how much you paid just is dealer price on par. Enjoy your Evoque
06-07-2012 06:09pm
flurberman

I think it's definitely worth doing, really does keep the car looking great...sure it's expensive on top of everything else you have to pay out for but will last for years. If you get an independent detailer to do it, they'll also inspect the paintwork and let you know if they spot any flaws/problems.

Orkney Grey, Si4 Dynamic Coupe with LUX pack, privacy glass, 20" shadow chrome wheels, heated steering wheel, adaptive xenons, TPMS & contrast panoramic roof.
06-07-2012 07:40pm
kevoque

(06-07-2012 07:40pm)flurberman Wrote:  I think it's definitely worth doing, really does keep the car looking great...sure it's expensive on top of everything else you have to pay out for but will last for years. If you get an independent detailer to do it, they'll also inspect the paintwork and let you know if they spot any flaws/problems.

Hi Fluber why did they use P1 then the C1 and then the Exo as you need to apply EXO to fresh paint or else it won't bond so ie a waste of exo as hasn't done the job it is ment to be doing ?? Who applied it ?? As I have worked with Gtechniq for sometime now
07-07-2012 12:32am
Evo-king

I don't know why C1 was used on that occasion, but P1 was used on my new Evoque and my accredited detailer had to machine polish it because there were so many flaws in the paint, plus I know he wasn't giving me B/S because I was there when he showed me.

Then my car was treated to EXO and not C1, because the ambient temperature was warm enough to use the brand new product.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
07-07-2012 02:43pm
kevoque

Yes I agree but you can't put Exo ontop of C1 as it doesnt bond and a waste of £120 for a can of Exo. Also a waste of C1 as well as this needs 12 hrs minimum to allow anything on it. Also Exo shouldnt be applied outside !!!
If this was followed a far better finish would have been achieved !!!
07-07-2012 03:06pm